Author Topic: World Cricket  (Read 4405 times)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Re: World Cricket
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 07:17:01 AM »
Kallis and Amla are standout batsmen. It should be interesting when India tours SA this year. All their victories are based on players who have shown quality on home turf. Curious to see how this translates to foreign soil. I have a feeling things might go SA's way but we need to wait and watch. IPL is on in 5 days time.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline tennisville

• Tennis Player
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »
And that would leave a huge gap considering his massive contributions over the years with both bat and ball. Not forgetting he's an excellent slip fielder also.

I doubt its a huge gap but he could have had a chance to win in sri lanka . He wants to play the world cup so fingers crossed SA team is still strong in 2015 and Kallis can win then

Offline tennisville

• Tennis Player
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 07:18:46 AM »
Kallis and Amla are standout batsmen. It should be interesting when India tours SA this year. All their victories are based on players who have shown quality on home turf. Curious to see how this translates to foreign soil. I have a feeling things might go SA's way but we need to wait and watch. IPL is on in 5 days time.

I am positive India get whitewashed

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 02:07:36 PM »
And that would leave a huge gap considering his massive contributions over the years with both bat and ball. Not forgetting he's an excellent slip fielder also.

I doubt its a huge gap but he could have had a chance to win in sri lanka . He wants to play the world cup so fingers crossed SA team is still strong in 2015 and Kallis can win then

Well unless they have somebody in the wings with comparable test averages in both batting, bowling and who catches stuff for fun in the wings. Then I would say those are very big boots which won't be easily filled Winnie. Barring injury, I can definitely see him there in 2015.

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »

And on completely different pitches to the ones from the recent series against Australia. And I agree that it will be interesting to see how well they adapt.

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2013, 03:44:08 AM »
And the Indian Premier League is once again underway. Or as I saw it named somewhere: The Indian Pensioners League due to the fact that there seem to be a fair number of players who are nearer 40 than 30. Lol!

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2013, 03:20:04 PM »
Nice one, JayR! IPL must seem like a fun run for the happily 'retired'! Can't fault them - the benefits are very significant!!

SA playing at home should beat India.. Nevertheless, there is a lot of cricket to be played until then; form and fitness will tell how much an advantage SA carry into the series..

India's test team is rebuilding, some good batsmen who have cracked the team - this tour will test their skills and temperament. The bowling is their big issue, particularly the pacers.. Genuine pace/swing bowling is a rare skill in Indian cricket, the options available are uninspiring..

As an Indian, I should support my team, but who cannot love a side with Amla, Kallis, DeVilliers and Steyn!!  ;-()

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2013, 02:09:16 AM »
Yes. Like the nicest , most well paid walk in the park they'll probably ever take. Lol! And as you so rightly say propstoart, who can blame them for biting the organisers hands off when the offers came. Who wouldn't!

Yes, given that advantage that is the likely outcome. But India will take a fair amount of confidence from their series win against Australia and they should at least make it competitive. Though we both know that SA at home will be an entirely different proposition from an Australian outfit which looked average at least. It's good to see India's newer batsmen coming through and performing as well as they have done, so it will be interesting to see if they can maintain this against what is surely the best attack in world cricket.

Yes. And this could well be a very weak link given the strength of SA batting line-up, as the spinners cannot be expected to perform miracles at seemingly every turn without support from their pacemen.

Lol! You're probably not on your own there.  ;-()

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2013, 12:05:36 PM »
india - south africa is the most interesting test series coming up.......it is still 6 months away.......so until then 20-20 kids can bash away i guess........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2013, 01:48:01 PM »
Shankar! Longtime no see! I hope all is well with you my friend.  :))

Even though it's not happening for 6 months, I agree that this is potentially the best test series of the year.  Looking forward to it.

Offline bertie

• Tennis Player
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2013, 08:02:32 PM »
the ashes should be an interesting series. I'm of dual nationality (UK/Aus) so I win either way :))

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2013, 12:23:39 AM »
the ashes should be an interesting series. I'm of dual nationality (UK/Aus) so I win either way :))
congrats in advance to you.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2013, 12:27:29 AM »

Even though it's not happening for 6 months, I agree that this is potentially the best test series of the year.  Looking forward to it.

hello ann, i am doing fine.......:gleam: how are you? 

steyn is the best fast bowler in the world and i have no doubt that he will separate indian boys from indian men on those fast tracks in south africa........sachin, pujara and rohit sharma have a major role to play........stupid rohit sharma doesn't want to focus on test cricket atm, he is too busy slogging ugly in the IPL.......

Offline tennisville

• Tennis Player
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2013, 07:36:05 AM »
why do you hate the IPL ? Its fun and a good way to spend time

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2013, 11:32:16 AM »
why do you hate the IPL ? Its fun and a good way to spend time

20-20 is just a stupid format set up to earn quick & bulk profits........reminds me of the golden duck story........it draws women, kids and a number of casual followers to the sport, but that shouldn't be done at the cost of spoiling test and one day cricket, the true cricket.......

where will all the greedy ICC clowns go when all these casual followers eventually get bored of IPL?

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2013, 02:30:21 AM »

You're definitely in the box seat there bertie. Lol!

congrats in advance to you.......

Yes. We should be congratulating bertie now. Lol!

hello ann, i am doing fine.......:gleam: how are you? 

steyn is the best fast bowler in the world and i have no doubt that he will separate indian boys from indian men on those fast tracks in south africa........sachin, pujara and rohit sharma have a major role to play........stupid rohit sharma doesn't want to focus on test cricket atm, he is too busy slogging ugly in the IPL.......

Hello Shankar.  I'm very happy to hear that you're doing well.  :)) I'm fine also thanks, so no complaints from me!  :))

There's no doubt that Steyn is going to be a major influence in this series and it remains to be seen how the Indian batsmen are going to combat his pace. Well, India very definitely need these three, at the very least, to be at or near their best to provide the stability that they are undoubtedly going to need if they're not going to be overwhelmed in this series.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2013, 01:10:13 PM »
hola ann........steyn the man might win the IPL for sunrisers hyderabad........he is one fast bowler who you can rely on in any game.......critics and pundits have already declared him the best fast bowler in the world currently and one of the best ever, recently waqar younis joined them as well in the praise........too bad he has such a choking team with him though.........except kallis the great, everyone in the SA team has a tendency to choke........

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2013, 07:38:48 AM »
thread closed and will be restarted at a better place on the forum........cricket followers kindly get over to the general discussions section........thanks.......