Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Mertov's Tennis Desk

<< < (27/33) > >>

Mertov:
Euroka, you are correct about the prices.  Everything seemed so expensive at Wimbledon & in London. 

I recently posted a two-part article on Roland Garros and Wimbledon fans (they mention the prices too).

http://www.mertovstennisdesk.com/

Best

euroka1:

--- Quote from: Mertov on July 21, 2014, 05:22:55 PM ---Euroka, you are correct about the prices.  Everything seemed so expensive at Wimbledon & in London. 

I recently posted a two-part article on Roland Garros and Wimbledon fans (they mention the prices too).

http://www.mertovstennisdesk.com/

Best

--- End quote ---

Indeed. Greetings from London Airport. Looking forward to getting back to reasonable prices. London has lost a lot of its charm, too. Much better in the country. I was over in Worcester, mostly.

Interesting that you see more people hobbling round on sticks over here which confirms for me that health care is better elsewhere. Apparently there are long waits for what we would consider as routine surgeries.

Mertov:
Welcome back by now Euroka!
And see you in a few :)

http://www.mertovstennisdesk.com/2014/08/07/mt-desk-is-live-at-western-southern-open-in-cincinnati/

Alex:
Mertov, could you please let us know what you think about Novak's obvious tanking in Toronto and Rafa's mysterious injury? Don't forget about Murray and Wawa. Feel free to talk about tennis pros calculating ... It's getting bad.

Big divas caring about slams only and making sure they do enough to protect their rankings. I might be too sarcastic but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

:\

Mertov:
Alex I also think Djokovic blew that match, which ironically put Tsonga in form for the rest of the tournament.  it is not the first time I have seen this and it's not recent.  Federer casually walked through a match many years ago in Rome against Filippo Volandri, and when he lost to Canas twice in a row in Indian Wells and Miami many years ago,l the first one was a half-hearted effort too.  Rafa to his credit has never done that in Masters Series, although he has done it a couple of times in the grass court tournaments prior to Wimbledon.  I find that a bit unacceptable also, especially in Masters Series.  this a prticular case, considering that Djokovic came back from a terrific Wimbledon title and followed it up with a honeymoon and an extended vacation.  I don't believe he started the Tsonga match with that approach but after the first few games he decided that he was off and perhaps he felt like he could benefit better from a good week of practice instead of a match schedule.  there are penalties invilved for not showing up to a Masters Series so he may have gone into the tournament "let's see how I play first, then I'll decide" type of attitude.  I don't believe Rafa's injury is a questionable case.  If his intention was to blow off the two tournaments, which would be very unlike Rafa, he would have come up with an injury that did not require any visible paraphernalia, like a wrist cover. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version