Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Mertov's Tennis Desk

<< < (15/31) > >>

Clay Death:
great to have general mertov here.

:)) :))

Gawdblessya:
Hello Mertov.  I just went to have a look at your blog, and found this article. I thought it was an excellent take on some issues that show how positive changes have come about for the lower ranked players.

Wimbledon 1913 and 2013 in Menís Tennis: Pioneers of a Century Ago and Today

One of the many surprises during Wimbledonís first week was the defeat of the defending champion Roger Federer at the hands of the Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky. The 116-ranked Stakhovsky, who has never before reached third round at Wimbledon in his career, ended perhaps the most impressive record in tennis, Federerís streak of getting to the quarterfinals or better, 36 Slams in succession. While millions around the world viewed this match, very few of them knew that the two players have been involved in a major battle that lasted over 15 months on a different platform Ė and this time not as adversaries but rather side by side Ė one that will prove to be much more important for the development of the sport than their 4-set encounter on that Thursday afternoon.        .....

http://my.opera.com/mertov/blog/2013/07/06/wimbledon-1913-and-2013-in-men-s-tennis-pioneers-of-a-century-ago-and-today

Alex:
Gawd, I love the article and Mertov is so smart.

However, W this year was fixed.

I don't buy it for a second. probably the biggest cheating in tennis history ever. just a joke.

Bartoli and Shmurray  :rofl_2: ... and Serena lost to whom? players getting injured/withdrawing  left and right. Nadal out in R1. Fed out in R2. Guys who beat them lost in the next round. kidding me?

Why the heck did they let Djokovic to play the final? well, I guess they had to make it legit  ..-). Smurray def. the #1 guy.

I lost all of my respect for W ... not even gonna watch it next year or ever. it's pathetic.

feel bad for Murray fans who might think it was real.

monstertruck:
Great stuff as usual Mertov.
Nice to know the ATP players are making some headway.
I can't imagine what some of these lower ranked players go through just to make a living.

Alex, I thought Wimby this year was a bit messy and didn't provide as many quality matches (at least what I saw) as usual.  Nice to see tennis history made with Andy (not Roddick) finally lifting the cup and I'm sure his fans are super excited as well.  I was hoping you might have the inside scoop on Nole's apparent let down in the final.  Aside from the fact that Murray played better of course.

Alex:

--- Quote from: monstertruck on July 17, 2013, 12:11:49 PM ---Great stuff as usual Mertov.
Nice to know the ATP players are making some headway.
I can't imagine what some of these lower ranked players go through just to make a living.

Alex, I thought Wimby this year was a bit messy and didn't provide as many quality matches (at least what I saw) as usual.  Nice to see tennis history made with Andy (not Roddick) finally lifting the cup and I'm sure his fans are super excited as well.  I was hoping you might have the inside scoop on Nole's apparent let down in the final.  Aside from the fact that Murray played better of course.

--- End quote ---

AR ... miss him ... people call him a serve bot ... He was "fine  on clay" .... people forget things

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version