Author Topic: Predictions for 2013  (Read 5852 times)

Online Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Predictions for 2013
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2012, 06:43:32 PM »
I'm predicting that Nole is taking Rafa out in semis and Roger in the final. Dedicated to Shank  :)~

no way.........it will take 7 hours of outstanding clay court tennis to beat nadal in a roland garros final.........djokovic and federer are/were never up for it........
Fed is not, never has been, never will be ... but Nole is a different beast all together  :)>>>>

i am not sure even djokovic is prepared to fight for that long.........nadal no longer has a mental block against novak and that only worsens the matters for novak as far as french open is concerned.........it will be a straight set beating next time if he enters the roland garros final........
nah, you are putting too much in last 3 Nadal's clay wins ... Nole's grandpa passed away, his dad was sick, whatever excuces I offer to you ... it doesn't really matter. Djokovic proved he can beat Rafa on clay at Madrid and Rome in 2011, remember Madrid 2010 - Nole was super close (hate that match as Nadal was dead tired against Noserer in the final, but whatever) and I'm pretty confident he will win RG.

Alex The First >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shank/Herc  :shakey: :yahoo: :ice cream: :thank-you:  :rofl_2:. love you both goofs ... I can hardly wait when Nole takes RG, but only if he wins against Rafa in semis or the final. Bencherer's win at RG back in 2009 was the FAKEST win ever  :)>>>>. I feel cranky tonight so bring it on, I'm ready  :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2012, 11:32:51 PM »
RG is off limits.

and it is being changed to "clay warrior invitational". :))

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2012, 07:51:26 PM »
RG is off limits.

:rofl_2: that's good Herc. you are making my evenings easier lately, thank you. I hope Nole is 'invited' next year  :whistle: :)).

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2012, 08:44:43 AM »
RG is off limits.

defeating nadal on clay has been the ultimate challenge in the history of tennis........his domination at roland garros is so incredible that nobody will even come close to his record of 9 or 10 french opens........the tourney should be renamed "rafael garros"........

how do you like that name hercules? "rafael garros" justifies both nadal and the heroic french aviator garros........so it should be "rafael garros".........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2012, 02:28:09 PM »
i like it. great stuff general.

also there is no way anybody is going to even come close to his 7 rg crowns. the game has changed now. the sport is way too demanding for anyone to be at the top of any one surface for that long. and nadal is the greatest of the greatest ever on clay. now imagine if he could volley and had a decent slice.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2012, 11:39:28 AM »
i like it. great stuff general.

also there is no way anybody is going to even come close to his 7 rg crowns. the game has changed now. the sport is way too demanding for anyone to be at the top of any one surface for that long. and nadal is the greatest of the greatest ever on clay. now imagine if he could volley and had a decent slice.

that record cannot be touched or even neared by anybody in the future.........i am aware that records are meant to be broken but this one might never be broken unless they decide to turn red clay into fast hardcourts so that somebody can fire down ace after ace and win the slam year after year.........

winning 6 titles alone at the french open took somebody as great as borg to work his ass off like a machine for 9 seasons while skipping AO and USO, showing no emotions whatsoever so that there is no wastage of energy and he can save it all for the battles on clay........

so i just don't see how anybody can ever win even 5 titles, let alone 8 and beyond........another borg is itself unimaginable, forget about another nadal.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline OskarBetting

• Tennis Player
    • OskarBetting's Tennis Blog!
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2012, 02:12:53 PM »
Top 10 after next season:

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Nadal
4. Federer
5. Del Potro
6. Ferrer
7. Tsonga
8. Berdych
9. Isner
10. Raonic

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Nadal
4. Federer
5. Del Potro
6. Ferrer
7. Tsonga
8. Berdych
9. Isner
10. Raonic

Well said. Welcome btw.

Offline OskarBetting

• Tennis Player
    • OskarBetting's Tennis Blog!
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2012, 02:15:50 PM »

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Nadal
4. Federer
5. Del Potro
6. Ferrer
7. Tsonga
8. Berdych
9. Isner
10. Raonic

Well said. Welcome btw.

Thanks!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2012, 06:40:05 PM »

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Nadal
4. Federer
5. Del Potro
6. Ferrer
7. Tsonga
8. Berdych
9. Isner
10. Raonic

Welcome to t4y,Nadal is going to have his work cut out to get 3rd,he's not playing Ozz for a start.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2012, 08:44:28 PM »
Welcome Oscar  :welcome).

I like your list but really not sure myself. I hope, as his fan, Nole will keep his #1 position. realistically, I think Nadal and Murray will be fighting for #2, (assuming Rafa is healthy, but nobody knows atm what to expect from Rafa. I feel that Murray will be able to step up and I think Fedal era is over.  Del Potro might have something to say too, but again not sure what to make of DP nowadays.

I would love to see some youngsters breaking through next year. Raonic, hopefully  :). or ANYBODY (excluding Tomic who I simply despise  :\).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:01:36 PM by Alex »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2012, 09:52:18 PM »
welcome to the forums Oscar. :)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2012, 05:45:51 PM »
RG is off limits.

yo yo yo herc, only the sky is off limit, you know what I'm sayin?
You are everything I am not.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2012, 05:56:34 PM »

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Nadal
4. Federer
5. Del Potro
6. Ferrer
7. Tsonga
8. Berdych
9. Isner
10. Raonic

Well said. Welcome btw.

Thanks!

Hi Oskar!  :)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 05:57:50 PM by swish »

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »
I do think Raonic will break into the top ten. he's the only player who's holding up his end of hte bargain ...somewhat. Tomic, Harrison are all still "figuring it out". Dolgo was never promising but I still like him.
You are everything I am not.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »
I do think Raonic will break into the top ten. he's the only player who's holding up his end of hte bargain ...somewhat. Tomic, Harrison are all still "figuring it out". Dolgo was never promising but I still like him.
well Raonic is the only thing, you and I agree nowadays. Tomic is a retard, Harrison is chubby plus infantile too (not as bad as Tomic, but still). I was laughing so hard when Tomic in his fancy car was stopped by Police ... he said to them "Do you know who I am"?  :rofl_2:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Predictions for 2013
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »
Funny enough I think 2013 will look a lot like 2012.  Same names, same faces.  What in the world will tennis look like 5 years from now...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2012, 10:37:19 PM »
Funny enough I think 2013 will look a lot like 2012.  Same names, same faces. What in the world will tennis look like 5 years from now...
good question, some new kids will show up, I guess ...

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »
Funny enough I think 2013 will look a lot like 2012.  Same names, same faces.  What in the world will tennis look like 5 years from now...

I agree that it is likely that the "same names" will probably dominate next year, except that I doubt if Federer will win another slam.

As for 5 years time, please Tennis Gods, let the tennis be creative and skilful again. Please end the endless rallies from the baseline, slogging the daylights out of the ball.  That's all I ask!   :)
Carpe Diem

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »
Bold prediction: Ferrer will reach a GS Final, I can feel it.

Your guys' thoughts?
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream