Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

<< < (21/28) > >>

Clay Death:

--- Quote from: Emma on December 30, 2012, 08:57:49 PM ---If you think I am playing then think again, darling.  :ice cream:

--- End quote ---

i can make you play. :)) :)&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; :gleam:

masterclass:
Many have asked me, after Nadal, whom would I consider to have been the best players during 2012.

So here are my top 5 during 2012, and to avoid my usual lengthy analysis, I'll just provide short rationale:

1.Rafael Nadal - reasons already given

2. Roger Federer - consistent highest level of play, winning several titles, including a 7th Wimbledon triumph for his 17th major overall, and an Open Era record number of weeks at #1 (302) through Paris-Bercy.

3. Andy Murray - climbed out of his spot behind the top 3 and played at a top level from Wimbledon through the US Open, including capturing the Olympic Gold as a bonus.

4. Novak Djokovic - 2012's ATP computer #1. Overall I was not happy with the Serbian Slayer. It was a year.of bookends for him with few wins between. He eked out the Australian Open on the surface best suited for his play, taking almost 6 hours to get it done in a "survival of the fittest" match. Nadal outplayed him there; he just didn't win. :dunno:  Novak also won the last big tournament of the year, the ATP World Tour Finals (aka, YEC, Master's Cup) at London's O2 arena, just beating Roger Federer, who was obviously tired from the rest of the year's exploits.

5. David Ferrer - an outstanding consistent season all the way through topping all players in titles won. Unfortunately he didn't win a major, but major's aren't the only tournaments in town. He still beat some of the biggest players in the game.

-------------------------------

So far in 2013, it looks like it might be a repeat year for the King of Clay - Rafael Nadal, who has won everything in sight after a prolonged absence, including his 8th Roland Garros Title. Somebody will have to play tremendously well to overcome Nadal's top play during this year.  But to be fair, I'll start a new thread at the end of the year for 2013...

:)) :)) :)) :gleam:

Respectfully,
masterclass

Emma:
Best player is not based on clay season only, masterclass but the whole season. One more beating at the hand of the likes of Rosol and we all know Nadal will go away for another few months. Please get a grip of yourself.  :)~

Rafa816:
He didn't even play the first few months this year and has still accrued more points than any other player. I'd say that says, so far, that Nadal is by far the best this year (remember the one HC title he's played this year, he won).

Alex:

--- Quote from: Rafa816 on June 20, 2013, 08:38:27 AM ---He didn't even play the first few months this year and has still accrued more points than any other player. I'd say that says, so far, that Nadal is by far the best this year (remember the one HC title he's played this year, he won).

--- End quote ---
don't be  such a tard. Djokovic was clearly the best player in 2012. Rankings, trophies etc. don't lie. The fact that Rafa didn't play the second part of the season means nothing. He failed miserably at Wimbledon in R2 etc. Even if he had played HC season, he would've failed there too ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version