Author Topic: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal  (Read 6269 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2012, 10:30:06 AM »
Extremely biased thread. Novak Djokovic was the best player in 2011 who left no doubt in anyone's mind when he beat Nadal in 3 Majors in a row - 7 times in total since then out of their total of 10 encounters. This year, the title still goes to Nole simply because he has proved already that he's the better player of the two (Nadal and himself). Nadal has yet to win a title outside clay since 2010.

And the asterisk mark next to Murray's name makes no sense. Masterclass can never say for sure that the outcome would have been the same, as in, Nadal would have won had he met with Murray both at Olympics and USO. This year Murray was on a different level mentally as not only he had Lendl as his coach but he also left a very good behind just in 2011. He was extremely focused and determined to win his first GS this year. If you want to be fair then please put an asterisk mark next to Nadal's first RG slam as well since he only had to beat Puerta in his first Slam final win. Murray has beaten Nadal before at GS level not once but twice and one can never say that he wasn't going to do it again. Djokovic took things to a whole new level in 2011, something no one saw coming. Frankly, I don't get this sort of worshipping that undermines one's ability.

I also absolutely don't get this sort of post when posters don’t' take into account that injuries and all other unfortunate elements are part of the same game they play. If not then, we will have to put asterisk marks next to each win and loss.

grandslams without nadal are as worthy as video games without joysticks........djokovic 2.0 is history, it was just one great season and it is over now........nadal put an end to his winning streak by defeating him in the roland garros final and stopping his slam winning streak........that is a far better story than anything this year.........

2013 = return of the spartan.......get ready........

I have to say I don't agree with many of your posts, mainly because personal preference... But I do have to agree with in everything you are saying here Emma... Nice post...

And the fact remains... The fact that Nadal hasn't won a single HC title since 2010 should say something to everyone, not only Nadal haters... But just as Nadal haters want to diminish his success outside of clay, Nadal worshippers should realize this fact and say it as it is... But NO, now we are supposed to put an asterisk to everyone who is not Nadal!!! LOOOOOL

Let's put an asterisk because Nadal missed some easy shots, let's put an asterisk because he was injured, let's put an asterisk because Nadal's parents were having couple issues, let's put an asterisk because indoor is not a real surface, let's put an asterisk because the WTF is nonsense and nobody wants to win it (mainly Nadal), let's put an asterisk because Nadal was focused on the Soccer World Cup, let's put an asterisk because Nadal wasn't feeling the ball, let's put an asterisk because Nadal didn't play that tournament, let's put an asterisk because there is a conspiracy theory against Nadal, let's put an asterisk because Nadal was not wearing his sleeveless shirt, let's put an asterisk because he didn't pull out his shorts from his azz enough to feel motivated, let's put am asterisk because the ball boy threw his perfectly aligned water bottles and threw him off... Heck, let's put an asterisk because the winner is not Nadal... Did I miss some??

At first this could be funny, but now it's hilarious, pathetic, lame and boring...

I have an idea........... Look for a new thread.....

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2

that "no hardcourt title for 2 years" stat is way overblown........that is a stat of zero significance........it has no weight going forward........

he made 7 to 8 hardcourt finals or even more counting from world toast finals in 2010, losing all of them to best players of that moment when his own form and fitness were questionable.........in a way he has defeated himself in most of the finals........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 10:35:55 AM »
once again what a great unbiased thread by masterclass........he is a genuine fedfan if you dint know that already........

5 months, 1 grandslam win and 1 slam final which he actually was on the way to winning it but decided to donate it to his opponent in the last second........

others.......12 months, 1 slam each........

the answer is quite simple........player of 2012 = rafael nadal........end of story.......

But that's a flawed logic, Shanker. Just because masterclass is a Fed fan and yet supports Nadal as the best player, doesn't mean whatever he says are therefore the epitomes of unbiased statements. Who put him on that chair? We watch tennis too and I particularly exercise logic and use facts when it comes to tennis. I don't think I am going to let him run away with that sort of biased opinion even if he's joking. Andy worked very hard to make the Wimbledon final, win the Olympics beating both No. 1 and 2 Players in the world no less and then again, beat No. 2 player in the world at the USO final to win it. Only a person with biased opinions would be interested in putting asterisk next to Murray’s such glorious achievements. Neither Nadal nor Federer had to deal with 3 other top players to win a slam. They only had each other to deal with. In fact, this sort of undermining boils my blood.

i never put any kind of asterisk beside murray's slam or his olympic gold........you can check my old posts as well........murray deserves his share of luck, no asterisk for him........he is the unluckiest of the top 4 to be having to battle in a field of 3 to 4 well established greats ahead of him........

but it has to be noted who took him out last year at the us open and also wimbledon.........murray also benefited a bit from del potro's support (by draining federer out with a 5 hour marathon in the semis) in olympics........so let's give a close second spot to murray........of course that is just my view.........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »
fighting spirit was never bigger before,

US Open 2011 Final Djokovic vs Nadal [3rd Set Highlights - Part 1 of 2]

US Open 2011 Final Djokovic vs Nadal [3rd Set Highlights - part 2]

fru mcmillan was mightily amazed and said "he's just a magnificent animal!".......

And what happened after that?

This happened -

Set 4 Highlights

that is irrelevant........a human can only fight to certain extent........nadal maximized it........many tennis pundits have unanimously agreed that such fighting spirit was rarely seen before........there was nothing nadal could do that day with that weak backhand, weak serve and low confidence.........how he managed to win that set is something to amaze at.......

I give Nadal a lot of credit for the fight he had, it just wasn't his day.

There's not one player dead or alive who's not had a tough loss.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 03:08:25 PM »
Zero significance??? That's rich...

Got to 7 -, 8 finals? How many finals foes Roger have under his belt on clay only to be defeated by Rafa? More than that...

Again, the only guy who gets saved by any of YOUR stats is Rafa for whatever excuse you can come up with ... Hilarious!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2012, 12:36:10 PM »
you are forgetting that rafa used to beat those players, unlike fed who always lost to rafa.......

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »
you are forgetting that rafa used to beat those players, unlike fed who always lost to rafa.......

First of all, this statement just says more about my point than yours!! LOOOOL...

Second of all, THE fact remains, we are not talking about GS or even MS... the FACT remains that he hasn't been able to even WIN any HC title in over 2 years and will be 3 years in no time...

But either way, just stick to your blind folded way to see WHY is it that Rafa hasn't won a single HC in years... if that suits you, then stick with it...

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »
that is a stat of zero significance........always been.........it does not state anything about what he wins in the future........it certainly wasn't like he was routinely hammered in rounds 1 and 2 of hardcourt tournaments.........

he made 7 or 8 hardcourt finals over the last two years and lost all of them because of various reasons like season end, playing poorly and at the same time his opponents having the time of their life, example djokovic........

he should be winning his next hardcourt final easily........ remember he hadn't won a single title on any surface for almost one year before that ruthless rampage in 2008 starting in montecarlo........

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2012, 06:41:22 PM »
Just.........let...........it...........go.
You are everything I am not.

Offline tio_toni

• Tennis Player
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
Record breaking 7th Roland Garros (surpassing Borg) + 8th consecutive Monte Carlo + 6th Rome = BEST PLAYER OF 2012

Nadal solidified his status as greatest clay courter of all time and set records that will stand the test of time.  No other player can say the same for 2012.

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2012, 03:29:41 PM »
Record breaking 7th Roland Garros (surpassing Borg) + 8th consecutive Monte Carlo + 6th Rome = BEST PLAYER OF 2012

Nadal solidified his status as greatest clay courter of all time and set records that will stand the test of time.  No other player can say the same for 2012.

TSD? Noserer? Is that you?

Offline tio_toni

• Tennis Player
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »

No.  And I won't reveal my identity as Fedtard MTF mods will unjustly harass and seek a permaban on me.

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »

No.  And I won't reveal my identity as Fedtard MTF mods will unjustly harass and seek a permaban on me.

Good point! Let em guess!

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2012, 01:04:40 PM »

Nadal solidified his status as greatest clay courter of all time and set records that will stand the test of time. No other player can say the same for 2012.

Disagree with your assertion. Federer's 300 weeks as #1 will be one of his various records that will stand the test of time, and is yet another reason why most people will consider him the GOAT. Equalling Sampras [the greatest grasscourt player of all time]'s record haul of 7 Wimbledons is another - unless the Swiss Maestro can conjure one more magic trick at SW19 in the next few years.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2012, 01:29:27 PM »

Nadal solidified his status as greatest clay courter of all time and set records that will stand the test of time. No other player can say the same for 2012.

Disagree with your assertion. Federer's 300 weeks as #1 will be one of his various records that will stand the test of time, and is yet another reason why most people will consider him the GOAT. Equalling Sampras [the greatest grasscourt player of all time]'s record haul of 7 Wimbledons is another - unless the Swiss Maestro can conjure one more magic trick at SW19 in the next few years.

asterisk records are not valued much in the longer run........everybody knows what the story would have been like had nadal been around and nadal is not some random top 10er or something........

nadal stopped djokovic's slam winning run and protected rod laver's legacy from falling victim to surface homogenization........nadal smashed the record of french titles, which had borg spilling tea all over his pants and gnashing his teeth........

all that in under 5 months........

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »
Shank, how did Rafa stopped Nole? Fed did, by def. Djokovic at RG 2011. Rafa did nothing except losing 7 finals to Nole in 2011.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2012, 05:53:04 PM »

let those worthless bastards permaban you.

you dont need a place like that. why live your life in fear.

their loss is our gain. we will gain a great poster.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2012, 06:40:08 PM »
Just.........let...........it...........go.

You are right....

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2012, 08:48:13 PM »

asterisk records are not valued much in the longer run........everybody knows what the story would have been like had nadal been around and nadal is not some random top 10er or something........

nadal stopped djokovic's slam winning run and protected rod laver's legacy from falling victim to surface homogenization........nadal smashed the record of french titles, which had borg spilling tea all over his pants and gnashing his teeth........

Well, I'll go the other way and say that Rafa's record is the one that actually deserves an asterisk. If Borg hadn't retired so early, he would have won many more RGs.  :)~
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2012, 09:24:43 PM »

Well, I'll go the other way and say that Rafa's record is the one that actually deserves an asterisk. If Borg hadn't retired so early, he would have won many more RGs.  :)~
the funny part is you are right. Borg was, and still is, God in my books. Forget about Fed and Nadal, they are nobodies compared to Borg. The guy was the most talented, skilful player who ever played the game. Borg didn't play the AO (yeah, played it once, lol), he hated the USO night matches. he could have ended up his GS count at over 20 if he cared, and he simply did not. yeah, he was that good ... but some people forget ...

Borg is the only true tennis Star ... everyone else don't even come close ...

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2012, 02:15:24 AM »
negative. :))