Author Topic: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal  (Read 7508 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »
Nadal needs a WTF title, I don't care how he does it but it's a big blemish against his resume.

The WTF is about as close to a slam as you can get and against the best players.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »
Nadal needs a WTF title, I don't care how he does it but it's a big blemish against his resume.

The WTF is about as close to a slam as you can get and against the best players.

As long as the WTF is indoor on a low bouncing surface...it'll be extremely hard for Nadal to win it.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2013, 01:19:37 PM »
As long as the WTF is indoor on a low bouncing surface...it'll be extremely hard for Nadal to win it.

Considering there are no weak opponents at the WTF, I can safely say Nadal will never win it.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2013, 08:29:57 AM »

Why? Federer has yet to win the Olympics and perhaps he never will and Sampras never won the RG. But that should never take away the fact that they are all great players regardless. You guys are too much of a tard these days making sweeping calls/judgements on the basis of only one tournament.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2013, 08:53:11 AM »

Why? Federer has yet to win the Olympics and perhaps he never will and Sampras never won the RG. But that should never take away the fact that they are all great players regardless. You guys are too much of a tard these days making sweeping calls/judgements on the basis of only one tournament.

Fed's got the doubles gold.  :cool:

When discussing great players you not only look at what they have but start looking at what they don't have.
The WTF is a huge tournament however your complaint has been registered.  :)~

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2013, 09:01:24 AM »
 :)) :))

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »

When discussing great players you not only look at what they have but start looking at what they don't have.

Eh? Aren't we discussing singles though?

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
I don't think you can hold not having Davis Cup over anyone.  First... it isn't going to say Nadal has a Davis Cup.  It says "Spain" has a Davis Cup.  So Switzerland doesn't have a Davis Cup...and frankly...who ever thought they would ever have one??? They have what...2 players at best.  It isn't logically acceptable for 2 players to play round after round after round, match after mach after 5-set matches.... The nations that have won David Cup has some depth in tennis.  So I don't really count it for Nadal that he has one, or against Roger that he hasn't had one.  That's just my opinion.

Plus...go on the street and ask the average person -- Do you know what Davis Cup is?  The answer will be "who"? "what?" :rofl_2:  Even many tennis players can't tell you who won the last one! :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2013, 05:28:12 PM »
Dallas, you are saying that because Fed never won DC  :)~. You see, I see it differently, when Serbia won DC that meant to me that Djokovic won DC  :whistle: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2013, 06:15:21 PM »
 :)) :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2013, 09:30:26 PM »
Dallas, you are saying that because Fed never won DC  :)~. You see, I see it differently, when Serbia won DC that meant to me that Djokovic won DC  :whistle: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:.

I'm sure it did. :innocent:  But Novak didn't win it by himself! :)~

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2013, 08:14:38 AM »

I thought I'd throw a fastball high and inside.  ;-()

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »

I thought I'd throw a fastball high and inside.  ;-()
Ball 4.
Take your base.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2013, 02:20:01 AM »
I just saw this thread.. :lmao: :lmao: 
not that this matters anymore, but here its.. :)~ :)~
 Rafa : best player of 2012 ?? nowhere near..the dude wasn't even present in 2nd half of 2012( post-wimbledon)..
My nominations would probably go to : Murray>Federer/Ferrer>Nole
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2013, 11:19:30 AM »
It can easily be tied among Nole, Murray and Federer. Ferrer had a great year but he didn't get to win any of the big events so I will take him out right away.

I will personally give Nole as the best player of 2012. Murray running shortly behind.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2013, 02:25:07 PM »
Nole for me & his ranking says why.