Author Topic: The Gay Lounge vol. #1  (Read 5604 times)

Offline EnriqueIG8

• Tennis God
  • Tots Units Fem Força
Re: The Gay Lounge vol. #1
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 03:23:06 PM »
well not just my cup of tea mate, as I said before I have nothing against gay people.

i don't have any gay friends, but I do know some gay people. and I respect Filo for his knowledge and life experience a lot.

i just don't digg this stuff, making big things out of it. that's just my opinion.
Fill In The Draw @ T4U
Ranking: #1 (High: #1)
Titles: 7 [Australian Open, Auckland, Zagreb, San Jose, Marseille, Delray Beach & MS Monte Carlo]

Online Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »
well not just my cup of tea mate, as I said before I have nothing against gay people.

i don't have any gay friends, but I do know some gay people. and I respect Filo for his knowledge and life experience a lot.

i just don't digg this stuff, making big things out of it. that's just my opinion.
haha that's cool because Filo'll have someone to fight with here :D He brings his best form when he's fighting with homophobes  :rofl_2:  I like all kinds of gay things like music and painting and  stuff like that, even poems   :rofl_2:

Offline Filippo Volandri

• Tennis Player
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 06:56:01 PM »
well good luck with this gay thread, but this also points out the problem I (and the society) have with people promoting gayness and stuff.

why not talk about this in other threads? I mean gay people always complain that they want equal rights and should be treated as such but yet they do all this activism..

why should we 'promote' gay stuff? should we also start and promote straight stuff? see that's the point I have.

I won't be participating in this thread but I think Filo is a cool dude and the guy obviously know his stuff (tennis is one of many things in his repertoire). Wish you guys all the best with this thread.
Straight people aren't marginalized nor discriminated against for being straight, so it's not the same, and it's bulls**t to equalize the two. We are not straight, straight isn't gay and vice versa. Straight is promoted daily and accepted without second thought. Straight people don't go into 90% of life situations worried about what happens when their orientation is found out. If there was wide-ranging acceptance and equality there wouldn't be as much activism, but there isn't and until there is, we have to fight and be heard.
Volandri Volandri Volandri!

Offline Filippo Volandri

• Tennis Player
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:45 PM »

haha that's cool because Filo'll have someone to fight with here :D He brings his best form when he's fighting with homophobes  :rofl_2:  I like all kinds of gay things like music and painting and  stuff like that, even poems   :rofl_2:
  :)) Hahahaha. Painting and poems aren't gay, they're just artistic!

But no, I have no-one to fight with here. At least I hope not. My view has always been, if you, in this case, "don't digg" the gay thing, that's fine. I don't care if you don't like it. Just don't tell me how much you don't like it. And accept people for who they are. That's the bare minimum. I don't like it when people are out of line and make offensive statements and I'm quick to call such people out. I've dealt with too much bulls**t to let things slide like that anymore. I treat people the way they treat me and if you don't treat me and my community and our allies right, I'm going to let you know about it.
Volandri Volandri Volandri!

Online Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2013, 02:11:47 AM »
RMB - Spring [HD]

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2013, 01:39:38 AM »
gay people are OK. I don't like closeted ones though. Herc comes to my mind.  :innocent: