Author Topic: Can Djokovic Achieve This Feat?  (Read 952 times)

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Can Djokovic Achieve This Feat?
« on: December 22, 2012, 03:20:26 PM »
NID that I made this thread on MTF and they deleted it for no reason at all :o But anyway here's the feat:

All Grand Slams
All Masters Events
Olympic Gold
Davis Cup
YEC

I think he'll do it with the exception of the Olympic gold, but other than that it's amazing how well rounded Djokovic is with this tournament wins. All he needs to do is win the following:
-Olympic Gold
-Roland Garros
-Monte Carlo
-Cincinnati

I think Cincinnati is a lock in, and so is Monte Carlo once Nadal retires. Roland Garros I think he will, but some could argue that he wont. The Olympic Gold seems doubtful though. Still, what do you guys think? Djokovic would be the first to win all Masters events, correct?
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
Re: Can Djokovic Achieve This Feat?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »
CGS he will probably
Masters - I am not so sure about Monte Carlo
OG - Hardly

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 05:43:59 PM »
CGS he will probably
Masters - I am not so sure about Monte Carlo
OG - Hardly

Once Nadal is out of the question, who besides Djokovic could take MC?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 05:50:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure Novak will snatch RG, regardless how good Rafa is on clay, nothing lasts forever. I, personally couldn't care less about Olympics and tennis. again, it's just my opinion, but there is a reason you get 750 points at the Olyimpics and 1500 at WTF or 1000 p at masters.

My goal, as a Nole fan would be to see Djokovic doing what Laver did in 1968, but on all different surfaces (winning all 4 slams in one year). as much as I respect Laver, he played only on grass and clay to win 4 majors in 1968.

not sure Nole will be able to do it, but hey, I can dream. Fed is getting older, Rafa is slowing down and his injuries are a big puzzle to everyone. Youngsters are simply not that good (let me correct myself, they all pretty much suck, sorry I had to be blunt but it is what it is), Murray is still there but (sorry Emma) not as good or consistent as Djokovic. Nole has next 4/5 years to write his own history.

and yeah, Nole can win MC and Cinci which are the only masters he is missing atm. not really sure Djokovic looks at things like we do, is he really that hungry? Even as his fan I question this.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:53:18 PM by Alex »

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 06:17:56 PM »
NID that I made this thread on MTF and they deleted it for no reason at all :o But anyway here's the feat:

All Grand Slams
All Masters Events
Olympic Gold
Davis Cup
YEC

I think he'll do it with the exception of the Olympic gold, but other than that it's amazing how well rounded Djokovic is with this tournament wins. All he needs to do is win the following:
-Olympic Gold
-Roland Garros
-Monte Carlo
-Cincinnati

I think Cincinnati is a lock in, and so is Monte Carlo once Nadal retires. Roland Garros I think he will, but some could argue that he wont. The Olympic Gold seems doubtful though. Still, what do you guys think? Djokovic would be the first to win all Masters events, correct?

he's already won YEC and Davis cup, so why ask if he can achieve these?
all Masters series isn't really a goal, is it? Olympics isn't a really big thing in tennis-but it's possible, though unlikely.
Roland Garros is the big issue and i think he's eminently capable of that. i think it will be easier this year, because there was mounting pressure on Djoko last year due to him winning the three previous slams, that won't be the case this year. Of course Rafa's physical condition is probably going to be a factor too.
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 06:28:29 PM »

All Grand Slams
All Masters Events
Olympic Gold
Davis Cup
YEC

-Olympic Gold
-Roland Garros
-Monte Carlo
-Cincinnati

all Masters series isn't really a goal, is it? Olympics isn't a really big thing in tennis-but it's possible, though unlikely.
Roland Garros is the big issue and i think he's eminently capable of that. i think it will be easier this year, because there was mounting pressure on Djoko last year due to him winning the three previous slams, that won't be the case this year. Of course Rafa's physical condition is probably going to be a factor too.
all that really matters is RG for Djokovic and completing his career slam. that will throw him in 'all time greats' instantly

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »

All Grand Slams
All Masters Events
Olympic Gold
Davis Cup
YEC

-Olympic Gold
-Roland Garros
-Monte Carlo
-Cincinnati

all that really matters is RG for Djokovic and completing his career slam. that will throw him in 'all time greats' instantly

absolutely.
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 11:34:36 PM »
this is a great thread.

i think he might do it but clay warrior has to be out of the picture which probably happens after 2014.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 11:36:31 PM »
i am not sure if murray can challenge nole on clay.

so once nadal is out of the picture, nole can run loose on clay also. he pretty much is dominant on the hard courts.

this wimbledon is going to be interesting. can nadal, fed, and murray slow down nole on grass this year?

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 07:07:26 AM »
A lot of it revolves around Nadal for the FO, the rest I think he can snag.  Although he has to keep his current level up for quite some time to get the gold medal, that could be quote the challenge.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 07:08:08 AM by Tennis4you »
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 07:52:50 AM »

Because the "Feat" is a set that includes all of those five elements.

All Grand Slams
All Masters Events
Olympic Gold
Davis Cup
YEC

The "Feat" is not to win All Grand Slams, All Masters Events and the Olympic Gold, the "Feat" is to win All Grand Slams, All Masters Events, the Olympic Gold, the Davis Cup and the YEC.

Is it clear now?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 12:38:54 PM »
i hope he achieves it........it only shows what a joke career grandslam has become.........nadal is the only deserving candidate for CYGS in this era........

nadal was the first man after agassi to win slams on all three major surfaces by winning AO 2009........it was all very legit until then with full competition everywhere.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 08:26:53 PM »
A lot of it revolves around Nadal for the FO, the rest I think he can snag.  Although he has to keep his current level up for quite some time to get the gold medal, that could be quote the challenge.

clay warrior is possibly vulnerable this year at monte carlo but i dont think he can be defeated at roland garros in a best of 5 sets match.

he will surely get it going by then. he just has to get off those hard courts as fast as he can.

and that means losing early on purpose at indian wells and then again in miami.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »
i hope he achieves it........it only shows what a joke career grandslam has become.........nadal is the only deserving candidate for CYGS in this era........

nadal was the first man after agassi to win slams on all three major surfaces by winning AO 2009........it was all very legit until then with full competition everywhere.........
well, Shank you can't have it both ways. If Nadal is the one completing his career GS, it's the best thing in the world (sure you love him, oh 3 surfaces, blah, sorry) ... when Djokovic does it (if he gets there), it doesn't matter to you and you just dismiss it (if Nole wins RG, that means he would achieved same sh!t as Nadal btw) ... like really sometimes I just don't know what the hell you are talking about as you tend to be so obsessive about Rafa and so dismissive about other guys, as if Nadal is the only tennis player in the world. sure I know we all have our favorites but please ...

I want you to be much more objective because you are a smart guy and you know tennis, but you can also BS to no end, being simply completely driven by your emotions without any logic.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 09:31:42 PM by Alex »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 12:03:05 AM »
I think every tournament this year from hard to clay to grass will be a battle Royale. Nothing will be easy anymore for anyone. Such is the ATP World Tour.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »

well, Shank you can't have it both ways. If Nadal is the one completing his career GS, it's the best thing in the world (sure you love him, oh 3 surfaces, blah, sorry) ... when Djokovic does it (if he gets there), it doesn't matter to you and you just dismiss it (if Nole wins RG, that means he would achieved same sh!t as Nadal btw) ... like really sometimes I just don't know what the hell you are talking about as you tend to be so obsessive about Rafa and so dismissive about other guys, as if Nadal is the only tennis player in the world. sure I know we all have our favorites but please ...

I want you to be much more objective because you are a smart guy and you know tennis, but you can also BS to no end, being simply completely driven by your emotions without any logic.

my anguish is that undeserving players will be winning the CYGS if things don't change in tennis.........okay i will say that even nadal doesn't deserve it and federer surely din't deserve it........but at least nadal proved in full competition that he is capable of winning grandslams on all three surfaces.........he proved that he can beat anybody on any surface.........djokovic and federer are yet to prove that they can beat nadal on clay at the roland garros.........

2008 roland garros, 2008 wimbledon and 2009 AO is the best display of tennis from any top player since the times of sampras and borg.........honestly in recent times din't like any grandslam as much as those three in terms of sheer domination and the level of tennis.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 06:42:24 PM »
Nole not got a hope in hell of winning All Grand Slams in 2013.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 06:43:11 PM »

I'm not sure that's what we're talking about here...  :confused1:

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »

I'm not sure that's what we're talking about here...  :confused1:
LOL  :rofl_2:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 06:48:44 PM »
Ah i see,Nole was ment to get all these in 2012???

All Grand Slams
All Masters Events
Olympic Gold
Davis Cup
YEC

my bad sorry.