Author Topic: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"  (Read 173239 times)

falcon and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
Re: ~* Ye Olde Village *~ Volume 1 "A New Beginning"
« Reply #5300 on: August 24, 2015, 08:36:59 AM »
If you live in Canada, you can never complain about the summer. Not only it doesn't last long but it's so beautiful. We always get very depressed when we get towards the end of summer. I don't mind Winter season but it's too long and I don't like that. Spring is also very beautiful not to mention, Fall - a haunting and melancholy season as I like to call it!

I stayed in some parts of USA (Georgia) where it was summer all year long and didn't like it much. I enjoy variety. Having said that, I'd probably take the California weather at any given time!

Spring - start of life
Summer - life (alive and happening)
Fall - haunting and melancholy
Winter - cold and dead  :rofl_2: or warm and cozy if you are an optimist  :)~

Well, Emma, let see if you can survive the summer of Hong Kong?   ://

you can be a good writer  :)

Oh I don't like it too hot so I will take our winter over the summer of Hong Kong on any given day!

I could have been a good writer if my English was perfect (grammatically correct) and if I had a huge vocabulary.  :( Otherwise I really enjoy writing.
When the night comes with the action, I just know it's time to go
Can't resist the strange attraction from that giant dynamo...

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #5301 on: August 24, 2015, 08:47:54 AM »
I miss Chris. He was great. He loved Sharapova more than his life  :).

I think he got married but I'm not sure. He had a great gf who actually, IMHO, look better than Maria. Very good looking couple. I saw their pictures.

How did you manage that? Are you guys FB buddies?
No, Chris emailed the pics to me here. Great couple. We were good friends at that time. I wish I could share but I can not.

Why would you want to share? I didn't ask for it. I have no interest. The reason why I asked is because I didn't think you guys were FB buddies as I don't think anyone knows about your private life, so I was curious. It's just ironic that, that idiot goes after me selectively. But of course.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #5302 on: August 24, 2015, 09:41:11 AM »
I never thought Fed would get back to this level, beating an inform Murray and then Nole is something.
Fed's play was all court tennis, a beautiful display.
Coming in early on the second serve blew me away.  :cool:

It's not as clear cut as that. While Murray is definitely in form he was visibly tired from the start of this tournament. He almost went out to Dimitrov (and I so wish it was the case) and then struggled again against Gasquet and dropped another set there. The only reason why he continued to play despite being very tired was because he wanted to retain his No. 2 position before going into the USO. On top of that, his victory over Djokovic only a few days earlier was huge as he hadn't seen any win over him since 2013 Wimbledon, so that took a lot of his drive away. So while Murray was in form, he wasn't particularity the in form player here in Cincy.

As to Nole, he too was tired as well. And he typically doesn't do as well after winning Wimbledon - that's why I said on the USO thread that this title is up for grab. He wins a lot in the first half of the season so obviously he becomes a bit tired around this time and I take it Wimbledon means a great deal to him, so he becomes a bit comfortable after winning it. He had quite the battle against Murray just a few days ago which took a lot out of him and was looking not his best throughout this tournament. He dropped sets against the likes of Goffin, Dolgopolov etc. for example so he was looking shaky from the get go. And I felt he was too keen on getting the revenge on Wawrinka and spent a lot of energy there.

As to Federer, he hadn't played any tournament since Wimbledon and was very fresh plus the organizers gave him all the night schedule until the semi and that helped him reserve as much energy as possible. And then there's the soft draw - Lopez was overwhelmed after beating Nadal for the first time and Anderson is never a threat to any top player. All the while when Murray had to deal with solid players like Dimitrov and Gasquet and Nole, the toughest of them all, Wawrinka.

Federer is always very clever with his scheduling and timing we all know it. He skipped Montreal on purpose and Cincinnati has always been one of his favourtie tournaments (like Dubai, Halle etc.) as he gets a lot of fan support and that gives him a lot of extra confidence.

Federer played very well but it will be obnoxious to overlook all that. As tennis fans, you guys should be aware of these things.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #5303 on: August 24, 2015, 09:46:10 AM »
wow, US$5,000 is a lot of money, your company must have trusted you a lot and think you are a good employee  :king:

no problem, you will look young after putting on a Justin Bieber wig  :hysterical: :hysterical:

Roger is still great, sadly he was getting tired in wimby final, otherwise he may already have 18 slams, but who knows, he may win us open this year?

Federer is just a clever dude/player who gets favours from the organizers and fans. He himself admitted that the fans keep him motivated and that the night schedules really help him play well as he gets to save a lot of energy. No other player, not even Nadal, gets this kind of favours.

Murray isn't able to bring his best against Federer due to mental weakness. If that wasn't the case he wouldn't have any problems putting Federer aside.

And yes, Federer put an extra effort beating Murray but Djokovic wasn't going to give him the plate without a fight. It would be insane to underestimate his abilities.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #5304 on: August 24, 2015, 09:49:49 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I hate summer. Even when it's 20C in Calgary I'm hot. Prefer cold and dry weather. Today was around 26 and so sunny. I way dying.

I love snow, mountains, rain (It rains in Calgary like 3 times a year or so  :whistle:). I would never go to Mexico or those exotic countries with fancy beaches. But that is just me I guess  :).

I was told Calgary is rather dry in winter than Toronto.

I love Mexico and those exotic countries in SA. Beautiful beaches and so much greeneries and different flavours - what's not to love?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #5305 on: August 24, 2015, 09:51:07 AM »
thats why I never understand why people from Europe or Canada etc (not the Chinese who came back to HK after getting the passport but the real European/Canadians) would like to live in Hong Kong, such a small city with such terrible weather?  :confused1: :confused1:

I can only go for a vacation but certainly not when it is this hot. I would never live in HK.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #5306 on: August 24, 2015, 09:52:14 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I hate summer. Even when it's 20C in Calgary I'm hot. Prefer cold and dry weather. Today was around 26 and so sunny. I way dying.

I love snow, mountains, rain (It rains in Calgary like 3 times a year or so  :whistle:). I would never go to Mexico or those exotic countries with fancy beaches. But that is just me I guess  :).

you are being spoiled, Alex!  20C is perfect.  We have 34C!!!  :ranting:
Gosh, I'd end up in a hospital  :). I even take showers using cold water during the summer time. Even during the winter I just use kinda warmish water. I guess I'm a freak.

I could never live in Toronto. So humid and hot during summer. It's like you take a shower, you get out and you are sweating like a pig.

You are such a girl.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5307 on: August 24, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »

Gosh, I'd end up in a hospital  :). I even take showers using cold water during the summer time. Even during the winter I just use kinda warmish water. I guess I'm a freak.

I could never live in Toronto. So humid and hot during summer. It's like you take a shower, you get out and you are sweating like a pig.

You are such a girl.
\
yeah, would you lick me now  :)~.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #5308 on: August 24, 2015, 07:31:50 PM »

You are such a girl.
\
yeah, would you lick me now  :)~.

Don't say vulgar stuff to me when I am posting from work or else I'll kick your ass.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #5309 on: August 24, 2015, 08:15:25 PM »
hello Emma :grind dance:

I did drink a lot of soft drinks when I was a kid and a lot of ice-sticks and ice-creams too.  Now I only eat one ice-cream every one or two week :ice cream:

Well, water is not really tasty, I don't like it too so I drink tea more  :coffee:

oh, poor friend of you.  Died at just 34 with heart attack is too early.  It is horrible to see the bad effect of the fast food but I do think your friend is really unlucky coz I saw a lot of fat women/men on tv and they are at least over 50.   :(

yeah, America seems to have the largeste numbmer of fat people.  It seems to me that there are a lot of them in England too as from what I saw in Wimbledon.  I was stunned at how causal some people wore coz isn't Wimbledon the most prestigous tennis tournament in the world?  But then I saw lots of fat women just wore a tight top (sleeveness with thin strips) which showed off their fat tissues more  :zipped: :zipped:

your English is perfect, you are just too humble  :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:24:56 PM by mimi »

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5310 on: August 25, 2015, 05:04:41 AM »
Emma, there is nothing wrong with your English. If you are a talented writer they can still publish your book. There are lectors who would correct whatever needs to be corrected. I assume that your Urdu is fluent too. You said you were born in Pakistan but didn't say when you moved to Canada. I assume you were very young.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #5311 on: August 26, 2015, 01:01:51 AM »
speaking of food, I am going to eat a big buffet to celebrate my sister's birthday.  I have to do some exercises afterwards.    :ice cream: :rim shot: :coffee:

Offline nick the greek

• Tennis Player
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #5312 on: August 26, 2015, 04:53:03 PM »
Tonight disgusting south african will be destroyed by Djoko King.That hideous nose monstrosity and his retarded fans will be in IN RUINS.Btw, is Slasher, that romanian pizda around here?If yes,I'd like a word with that Hitler wannabe.

Did you see the match? King Kong Fed had it going on you have to admit.
But I still have Nole as the USO favorite, I don't think Fed can beat him there.
Well, when I speak to a Fed fan, not to a Fed tard, I can say Fed was better.It's Cinci, light balls, fast court, No1e looked spent.USO shold/will be a different story.Fed can hardly beat No1e in BO5 match.But, No1e has to improve form.
TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY.
NO1E, HE CAN DO IT 3 TIMES IN A ROW
NOVAK "WIZARD OF OZ" DJOKOVIC

Quote from: Prodigy.
nick is god

THE AGE OF DJOKER THE BARBARIAN HAS COME

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #5313 on: August 28, 2015, 02:44:26 AM »
hello Nicky :grind dance:

how are you?  I am not interested in us open coz rafa for sure will be out soon and due to time difference, I almost can't watch  ..-)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5314 on: August 28, 2015, 08:08:59 AM »

how are you?  I am not interested in us open coz rafa for sure will be out soon and due to time difference, I almost can't watch  ..-)
C'mon Mimi. There must be other players you support plus you never know with Rafa. Yes, he did nothing this year and his form seems to be bad but still ... 

Good to see you Nick. I hope you come over more often.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #5315 on: August 28, 2015, 11:03:06 PM »

C'mon Mimi. There must be other players you support plus you never know with Rafa. Yes, he did nothing this year and his form seems to be bad but still ... 

i am strange, i seldom like any of the celebrities (film stars/tennis stars..........), may be I am jealous of their wealth and fame.  At the moment, I still only like Rafa the most.  I like Nole though but not as much as Rafa  :innocent:

have a nice weekend, I am going to treat 2 of my old friends with dim sums coz you know, I am very long-winded and love to complain, they have to listen to a lot of my bulls**ts  :)~

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #5316 on: August 29, 2015, 12:17:02 AM »

i am strange, i seldom like any of the celebrities (film stars/tennis stars..........), may be I am jealous of their wealth and fame.  At the moment, I still only like Rafa the most.  I like Nole though but not as much as Rafa  :innocent:

have a nice weekend, I am going to treat 2 of my old friends with dim sums coz you know, I am very long-winded and love to complain, they have to listen to a lot of my bulls**ts  :)~

hey mimi. I know you're going soon so have a nice weekend!  :)

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #5317 on: Yesterday at 08:06:09 PM »
hello Dr Swish :grind dance:

how are you?  I did not have a good weekend coz the rains poured out and I could not play my tennis  :)>>>>