Poll

Should the rule be adjusted?

Yes
3 (60%)
No
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Rule Change Proposal - Changing Picks When 2 Q's Are Playing Each Other  (Read 686 times)

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Here is Slasher's proposal:

This game really needs a rule change concerning this qualifiers. It's basically not nice IMHO to choose Qualifier 1 or 2. The rule should be changed as follows:

• If a tournament starts off before qualifiers are finished, competitors are allowed to change their choices on the tournament's second day, before the second day starts, without changing their previous choices concerning the matches already played or that do not concern the qualified players. Also, any losing player that they chose for later rounds is forced to remain in their list upon the change made in the second day, unless they face off against the newly introduced qualifiers.
  • If a tournaments starts off after qualifiers are finished and set on the draw, competitors are not allowed to make changes to their picks after day one starts.

My problem with it is that it destroys the concept of post once, and then sit back and relax. It would also negatively affect people who can post during the weekend, but are busy working during the week so they can't change their picks.

Having said that, I would be willing to change the rules if the majority wants the rule to be changed.

All opinions are valued  :)
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
I voted no. I like to make and then just watch. Usually in the case of big tournaments, the qualies are placed early enough. In small tournaments, if the qualies are not placed in one they are usually placed already in the other.

Plus I like the mystery of filling in the draw and not knowing who the qualies are. Other people may disagree of course.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
For those who want to post only once, they would do so. The rule is not mandatory, it's optional. You can change your Qualifiers to player names, but if you don't want to, you're not forced to. I would like to have the possibility to do it, but without making it a must for everyone (note that it says "competitors are allowed", not "competitors are forced")

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
For those who want to post only once, they would do so. The rule is not mandatory, it's optional. You can change your Qualifiers to player names, but if you don't want to, you're not forced to. I would like to have the possibility to do it, but without making it a must for everyone (note that it says "competitors are allowed", not "competitors are forced")

I understand that, but it still gives an advantage to people who are available during the week, and a disadvantage to anyone who's not available. I voted no, but we'll see if we get any more opinions on this.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
2-2, so the conclusion is no change most likely. Oh well, at least I tried. :)

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
2-2, so the conclusion is no change most likely. Oh well, at least I tried. :)

Not sure who else voted? I'll keep it open anyway though  :)~

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
No one votes because they are not exactly sure what the rule change is.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Sometimes the qualifier is a player I like, so I'd like to be able to pick him rather than just not knowing what qualifier it might be.
For example Gulbis etc.

So its a 'yes' for me.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce

It's in the first post  :confused1:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?

They probably don't care to try to understand it.

Anyways I'm happy either way it turns out.

Whatever is less work for you.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce

They probably don't care to try to understand it.

Anyways I'm happy either way it turns out.

Whatever is less work for you.

Well then there's nothing I can do about it :)~

Keeping the rule is easier on me :))