Author Topic: Fill-In-The-Draw (FITD) Rankings Thread - Week 17 Rankings Out!  (Read 3333 times)

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: Fill-In-The-Draw (FITD) Rankings Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »
Rankings After Week 11

Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline EnriqueIG8

• Tennis God
  • Tots Units Fem Força
Re: Fill-In-The-Draw (FITD) Rankings Thread - Week 11 Rankings Out!
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »
Steady lead for me! Only Dylan can keep up with me  :)) :king:

Title #7!
Fill In The Draw @ T4U
Ranking: #1 (High: #1)
Titles: 7 [Australian Open, Auckland, Zagreb, San Jose, Marseille, Delray Beach & MS Monte Carlo]

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2013, 04:37:14 PM »

Title #7!

What's sad is that if I win RG and you put up a decent showing, then I couldn't even pass you  ..-)

Offline EnriqueIG8

• Tennis God
  • Tots Units Fem Força
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »

Title #7!

What's sad is that if I win RG and you put up a decent showing, then I couldn't even pass you  ..-)

7 titles, baby  :king: !

If you win RG, it means that you win a Slam. Isn't that enough?  :)~ If you win RG we both hold 1 slam, but I also hold a MS1000 now so I guess it's only fair that you still own the #1 then. Sooner or later you will be #1 too but for now isn't it great for us both to be #1 & 2?  :))
Fill In The Draw @ T4U
Titles: 7 [Australian Open, Auckland, Zagreb, San Jose, Marseille, Delray Beach & MS Monte Carlo]

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2013, 04:54:41 PM »

If you win RG, it means that you win a Slam. Isn't that enough?  :)~ If you win RG we both hold 1 slam, but I also hold a MS1000 now so I guess it's only fair that you still own the #1 then. Sooner or later you will be #1 too but for now isn't it great for us both to be #1 & 2?  :))

I have a Masters shield too! (Miami).

It really just comes down to you vulturing MM 250 titles so you have an inflated ranking  :gleam:

I kid of course, but being #2 isn't bad at all  :)) Though, it may be due to having played every week whereas some people are just beginning.

Should I keep the rankings as a race? Or should I use averages, maybe? :dunno:

Offline Clash

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »

It really just comes down to you vulturing MM 250 titles so you have an inflated ranking  :gleam:

I kid of course, but being #2 isn't bad at all  :)) Though, it may be due to having played every week whereas some people are just beginning.

race is fine by me...
time for me to win some big title  :)>>>>
I'm only sleeping..

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2013, 06:02:45 PM »

I like the race, but what do you mean by averages?  :confused1:

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2013, 06:08:15 PM »
I mean averages of the scores. So if I got 250 & 300 points then my total would be 275.

Offline EnriqueIG8

• Tennis God
  • Tots Units Fem Força
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2013, 06:16:11 PM »
I don't think you should be using averages.

If you win a 500 and you win a 250 in 1 week that means that you get the average of 500 and 250.

That's not fair in my opinion because you won a 500 that week. So right now it's just fine for me!
Fill In The Draw @ T4U

Offline EnriqueIG8

• Tennis God
  • Tots Units Fem Força
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »

Right! Forgot about that, but I was also Runner up on that one that means I snatched 600 points over there!  :)) :))

And you are talking about a hypothetical win in RG, so you have still some work to be done mate!  :)>>>>

Can't really say I'm the Ferru of T4U FITD because I already won 2 big titles haha!

Yeah I know, Duncan and Markus seem like hot prospects since they started. Of course they missed the opportunity to score big points on the first Slam so try and keep ahead of them!. I have already created a big lead!
Fill In The Draw @ T4U

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »
I don't think you should be using averages.

If you win a 500 and you win a 250 in 1 week that means that you get the average of 500 and 250.

That's not fair in my opinion because you won a 500 that week. So right now it's just fine for me!

Sounds good  ;-()

Right! Forgot about that, but I was also Runner up on that one that means I snatched 600 points over there!  :)) :))

And you are talking about a hypothetical win in RG, so you have still some work to be done mate!  :)>>>>

Can't really say I'm the Ferru of T4U FITD because I already won 2 big titles haha!

Yeah I know, Duncan and Markus seem like hot prospects since they started. Of course they missed the opportunity to score big points on the first Slam so try and keep ahead of them!. I have already created a big lead!

Lot's of work indeed, but I'm up for the challenge  :)>>>>

True that. Maybe Clash is?

Here's how the rankings would look with averages instead of race rankings:

So yeah... It really doesn't reflect the actual rankings  :rofl_2:

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2013, 02:45:12 AM »
4th spot isn't too bad considering I missed the first 6 weeks of the season.  :))

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2013, 02:47:40 AM »

I think averages are unsuitable. But I wonder what you'ev got planned for the rest of the season. Real rankings have only four best non-mandatory results. We obviously don't have that, but what about another limitation? Best 18 weeks regardless of tournament category? That will give new players a better chance of catching up, when the ones who played from the start will eventually start to have non-countables.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2013, 06:06:32 PM »
I think averages are unsuitable. But I wonder what you'ev got planned for the rest of the season. Real rankings have only four best non-mandatory results. We obviously don't have that, but what about another limitation? Best 18 weeks regardless of tournament category? That will give new players a better chance of catching up, when the ones who played from the start will eventually start to have non-countables.

Sounds good, but I wouldn't have a clue as to how to formulate that. Would you? I could send you over the ranking chart and you could adjust the formulas? :dunno:

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2013, 03:42:36 AM »

Sounds good, but I wouldn't have a clue as to how to formulate that. Would you? I could send you over the ranking chart and you could adjust the formulas? :dunno:

No problem, I'd be happy to :)

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2013, 06:51:30 PM »
No problem, I'd be happy to :)

Sent  :)

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2013, 11:47:11 AM »
Rankings After Week 12

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2013, 10:51:20 AM »
Rankings After Week 13

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: Fill-In-The-Draw (FITD) Rankings Thread - Week 13 Rankings Out!
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »
congrats to the top 5. others have work to do.

:)) :)) :))

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2013, 10:56:35 AM »
Rankings After Week 14