Author Topic: Rafa withdraws from AO 2013  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
Re: Rafa withdraws from AO 2013
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 09:49:24 AM »
Shankar made a good point and it has to be noted because Jesse can be mouthful as well but his posts doesn't get deleted, because he's a Federer fan simply put. Fair is fair, no? But then again Scot is a Federer fan first and this is not the first time we are having this discussion. Shank got banned a few times so did hunting and herc left a few times. - all happens to be Nadal fans. Nothing new there.

:rofl_2:
You are everything I am not.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: Re: Rafa withdraws from AO 2013
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 09:53:14 AM »
Shankar made a good point and it has to be noted because Jesse can be mouthful as well but his posts doesn't get deleted, because he's a Federer fan simply put. Fair is fair, no? But then again Scot is a Federer fan first and this is not the first time we are having this discussion. Shank got banned a few times so did hunting and herc left a few times. - all happens to be Nadal fans. Nothing new there.

That's why I must be moderate all forums. I hate all players equally. I've been a victim of biased mods at MTF, it's a lot worse than this. This is the best you'll get :/
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »
Hey, Shanks, do not be upset about JesseJames'  comments.. I did not even understand what he said! :))
You are a passionate supporter of Nadal - he is your hero, like Federer is mine [what can I say, Roger keeps me awake during nights and dreaming in the daytime].. Rafa feels he is not super-fit and will not play the Aussie Open as a way of regaining his finely-tuned power-game.

He understands, the matches ahead will be hard, not only game-wise, but psychologically as well.. Do you remember the 2009 autumn swing, when Rafa was a shadow of his normal aggressive self.. getting hammered on the courts by all and sundry..

I recall, there was no happiness on his face, no conviction even, on occasions.. It pained me, even though I was a Federer fan. Tennis needs Rafael Nadal, but more than that it needs a fit Rafa, who can test the Top stars, even if he is not a genuine contender for trophies.. I like Rafael as well, Shankar! He will return, most probably in Acapulco, on his beloved clay.. He will leave no stone unturned in his effort to return to the top of the tennis world..

You will be smiling once he starts playing and winning points, games, sets, matches and tournaments.. Think of the good times to come.. In the meanwhile, you can take a look at the contenders who could stand in the way of your hero - Rafa's rise to the top and smile to yourself, safe in the knowledge that their time in the sun is coming to an end!!

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
Prop, Shank can the biggest idiot in the world if he feels like it (me too btw). Jessie is fine and deep. The only perfect person (or she thinks) on this board is .... I let you know soon (her name starts with E

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
Prop, Shank can the biggest idiot in the world if he feels like it (me too btw). Jessie is fine and deep. The only perfect person (or she thinks) on this board is .... I let you know soon (her name starts with E

Anyone is capable of being an idiot. Alex, you saw my trolling on MTF, I acted SO STUPID! But here I'm a completely different poster.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 07:57:40 PM »

Anyone is capable of being an idiot. Alex, you saw my trolling on MTF, I acted SO STUPID! But here I'm a completely different poster.
freaky, people get passionate,  the thing here is, we know one another very well ... so even when someone is calling me an idiot or I call someone a moron, it comes with love. the thing is, Shank, Herc, Dallas, FFF, Babs, Swish, myself etc. have known one another forever ... I say Fed sucks and Dallas laughs at me, Rafa butt picking oh well, Herc is laughing ... Nole being anorexic and I laugh ... let's laugh  :)) ... Emma loves someone she can't have  :innocent:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:14:18 PM by Alex »

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: Re: Re: Rafa withdraws from AO 2013
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »

freaky, people get passionate,  the thing here is, we know one another very well ... so even when someone is call me an idiot or I call someone a moron, it comes with love. the thing is, Shank, Herc, Dallas, FFF, Babs, Swish, myself etc. have known one another forever ... I say Fed sucks and Dallas laughs at me, Rafa butt picking oh well, Herc is laughing ... Nole being anorexic and I laugh ... let's laugh  :)) ... Emma loves someone she can't have  :innocent:

I guess I'll stop playing safe then ;p

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 08:49:10 PM »

That's why I must be moderate all forums. I hate all players equally. I've been a victim of biased mods at MTF, it's a lot worse than this. This is the best you'll get :/

It seems like the best because it doesn't have as many posters as MTF. But frankly, I don't subscribe to any forum because typically I am always at odds with the forum owners and here, it's no different. Typically I don't subscribe to anything mainstream anyway, so I am not your typical Federer or Nadal fan. I tend to speak my mind and I'd treat a homeless person the same way as I'd treat the Queen of England whatever the royal crap she is, if they sat next to me. I come from the land where all men are born equal so you won't see me worshiping another human being, because I don't believe in that sort of notion, but you see, we live in a world where mediocrity always tends to prevail and it's mostly because we are so chained to the system to the point that, we can't think for ourselves anything anymore.

I fight for what is right so cheers to that but I am here nowadays mostly for fun.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: Re: Re: Rafa withdraws from AO 2013
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »

It seems like the best because it doesn't have as many posters as MTF. But frankly, I don't subscribe to any forum because typically I am always at odds with the forum owners and here, it's no different. Typically I don't subscribe to anything mainstream anyway, so I am not your typical Federer or Nadal fan. I tend to speak my mind and I'd treat a homeless person the same way as I'd treat the Queen of England whatever the royal crap she is, if they sat next to me. I come from the land where all men are born equal so you won't see me worshiping another human being, because I don't believe in that sort of notion, but you see, we live in a world where mediocrity always tends to prevail and it's mostly because we are so chained to the system to the point that, we can't think for ourselves anything anymore.

I fight for what is right so cheers to that but I am here nowadays mostly for fun.

That's a good way to live. Though, I'm not sure of the connection. The only part I understand is the last sentence :p

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 08:55:36 PM »
Long history here. Long fights, long arguments etc. Who wants to get into that again, really. It's all the same in the end. If anyone thinks people will change then good luck with that.

Perhaps you will not get that either.  :)~

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 09:06:33 PM »
Long history here. Long fights, long arguments etc. Who wants to get into that again, really. It's all the same in the end. If anyone thinks people will change then good luck with that.

It's weird you say that, as I have yet to see a fight here...

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 09:18:41 PM »

Oh that goes way back like in 2008, 2009 and 2010. It kind of slowed down in 2011 and from that point on.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 09:19:55 PM »

Oh that goes way back like in 2008, 2009 and 2010. It kind of slowed down in 2011 and from that point on.

The traffic slowed down, or the fighting slowed down?

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 11:13:43 PM »
There is only one question I concern. Can he maintain his tennis he showed the world in past decade? I still believe he has to add new things in his game, like continue improving his serve, then he can make more valley in his game. He is left handed, it will be great advantage. Slice, block back return will become important for him.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:20:59 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2012, 11:18:07 PM »
Nadal is scared of another beatdown by a Rosol-type.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »
Nadal is scared of another beatdown by a Rosol-type.
top4 are all scared this type of tennis.
India wells
Paris
Us open
Wimbledon

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 12:20:16 AM »

freaky, let me translate this for you. what Emma types and what she thinks are 5 completely different things. She is better than any Queen out there  :gleam:. Did you know that our Empress Emma the First and the Last One (nobody comes before or after her) can speak 1000 words per second? yeah, rock&roll, think AC/DC, Metallica, think even bigger ...  Justin Beiber  :whip:

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 07:11:43 AM »
Well, Rafa knows the next few months will be tough, just like the last time when he came back from injury. He has incredible W-L record, o he must wondering why he should ruin it now by losing early on in the tournaments? So easy solution  - play a minor claycourt tournament (Acapulco), regain his winning momentum and focus on the claycourt season. That's always been his bread and butter.

Sensible decision. He will end up winning RG again this year and we'll be left wondering when he will ever lose again in Paris.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »

I am quite a mouthful-that's true, though i am a little surprised that my reputation has spread so far.
   I wouldn't say i'm a 'fed fan' other than admiring some of his tennis, but then i also admire aspects of the other top fours tennis too.  I've also criticised fed and the others, and i'm in no way one of those who are determined to be resolutely besotted with any player, If anything, the player I've lavished more praise on is Djokovic, but as i say, i'm not a fan.
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 12:35:19 PM »
Jess, you are fine.  You need to improve your confidence  :). Don't worry about Emma and Shank. Emma and her mouth ... mm, it goes something like this

here is Shank, when he talks Nadal

this is how a 'real' woman should look like  :)~ ... sorry Emma, can't marry you unless you change your name to Pamela