Author Topic: HOPMAN CUP 2013  (Read 667 times)

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
HOPMAN CUP 2013
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:11:19 AM »
http://hopmancup.com/

GROUP A: 

Australia [Bernard Tomic & Ashleigh Barty]
Germany [Tommy Haas, Andrea Petkovic & Tatjana Malek]
Italy [Andreas Seppi & Fransesca Schiavone]
Serbia [Novak Djokovic & Ana Ivanovic]

Matches:

Germany vs. Australia 0-3

Tommy Haas l. Bernard Tomic 6-7 6-3 5-7
Andrea Petkovic l. Ashleigh Barty 6-4 retired
Andrea Petkovic / Tommy Haas l. Ashleigh Barty / Bernard Tomic w/o

Serbia vs. Italy 2-1

Ana Ivanović d. Francesca Schiavone 6-0 6-4       
Novak Djokovic d. Andreas Seppi 6-3 6-4       
Ana Ivanović / Novak Djokovic l. Francesca Schiavone / Andreas Seppi 6-7 4-6       

Italy vs. Germany 2-1

Andreas Seppi l. Tommy Haas 6-7   6-7
Francesca Schiavone d. Tatjana Malek 3-6 6-3 6-3   
Francesca Schiavone / Andreas Seppi d. Tatjana Malek / Tommy Haas 6-4 7-5       

Serbia vs. Australia 2-1

Novak Djokovic l. Bernard Tomic 4-6 4-6       
Ana Ivanović d. Ashleigh Barty 6-2 6-3               
Ana Ivanović / Novak Djokovic d. Ashleigh Barty / Bernard Tomic 6-4 6-7 10-6               

Italy vs. Australia 1-2

Andreas Seppi l. Bernard Tomic 3-6 5-7            
Francesca Schiavone l. Ashleigh Barty 0-6 3-6               
Francesca Schiavone / Andreas Seppi d. Ashleigh Barty / Bernard Tomic    2-6 6-4 10-3           

Serbia vs. Germany

Novak Djokovic vs Tommy Haas               
Ana Ivanović vs Tatjana Malek               
Ana Ivanović / Novak Djokovic vs Tatjana Malek / Tommy Haas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

GROUP B:

France [Jo-Wilfried Tsonga & Mathilde Johannson]
South Africa [Kevin Anderson & Chanelle Scheepers]
Spain [Fernando Verdasco & Anabel Medina Garrigues]
USA [John Isner & Venus Williams]

Matches:

Spain vs. South Africa 2-1

Fernando Verdasco l. Kevin Anderson 6-7 4-6       
Anabel Medina Garrigues d. Chanelle Scheepers 6-4 6-2       
Anabel Medina Garrigues / Fernando Verdasco d. Chanelle Scheepers / Kevin Anderson 6-4   6-7 10-8   

USA vs. South Africa 2-1

Venus Williams d. Chanelle Scheepers 4-6 6-2 6-3   
John Isner l. Kevin Anderson 6-7 6-7       
Venus Williams / John Isner d. Chanelle Scheepers / Kevin Anderson 6-3 6-2       

Spain vs. France 2-1

Fernando Verdasco l. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 5-7 3-6       
Anabel Medina Garrigues d. Mathilde Johansson 6-3 6-2       
Anabel Medina Garrigues / Fernando Verdasco d. Mathilde Johansson / Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-3 6-3       

USA vs. France 2-1

John Isner l. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 3-6 2-6       
Venus Williams d. Mathilde Johansson 3-6 7-5 6-4   
Venus Williams / John Isner d. Mathilde Johansson / Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-7 6-2 10-8   

USA vs. Spain 0-3 (due to John Isner's withdrawal. He was replaced by Thanasi Kokkinakis (AUS).)

Thanasi Kokkinakis l. Fernando Verdasco 6-7 3-6 (stands as 0-6 0-6)                
Venus Williams d. Anabel Medina Garrigues 6-3 6-4 (stands as 0-6 0-6)                
Venus Williams / Thanasi Kokkinakis  l. Anabel Medina Garrigues / Fernando Verdasco 1-6 3-6 (stands as 0-6 0-6)                

South Africa vs. France

Chanelle Scheepers vs Mathilde Johansson               
Kevin Anderson vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga               
Chanelle Scheepers / Kevin Anderson vs Mathilde Johansson / Jo-Wilfried Tsonga               

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``````

FINAL:

Winner of Group A vs Winner of Group B
5th January
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:51:36 AM by oracle86 »
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
Re: HOPMAN CUP 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:54:19 AM »
Does Tomic's upset win over Nole signify that the Aussie prodigy is ready to make good on his talent this year?
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:57:02 AM »
Who knows with him, I would not be surprise with any of possible scenarios with him.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 09:04:56 AM »
Does Tomic's upset win over Nole signify that the Aussie prodigy is ready to make good on his talent this year?
yeah, Tomic is winning the AO because of this significant win. this is like Fed losing to Bellucci at another exho. Hopman cup, the 5th slam  :innocent:

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 10:23:18 AM »
yeah, Tomic is winning the AO because of this significant win. this is like Fed losing to Bellucci at another exho. Hopman cup, the 5th slam  :innocent:

I didn't suggest anything of the sort, Alex.  I only meant if this indicated he had gotten some sort of focus. As he himself remarked after the match, he said he "had been working on his head over the past few weeks."

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:28:02 AM by oracle86 »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 10:40:29 AM »

I didn't suggest anything of the sort, Alex.  I only meant if this meant he had gotten some sort of focus. As he himself remarked after the match, he said he "had been working on his head over the past few weeks."
OK, I'm serious now. I've been Nole fan forever (since he was 18yo and a nobody). I'm a goof and I like to goof around, so my sense of humor might be different.

However, I would like to see some of these youngsters to really break through. Tomic (not sure how much you know about him tho) has too many issues 'in his head' to deal with. His partying, his comments that he feels 'he will be the best tennis player ever' (yeah that's what he said)... his problems with the Police, driving like a retard and saying 'Do you know who I am? ... it's just too much . He is behaving like a star and he really hasn't accomplished anything. I really appreciate all players, but this young guy needs to smarten up. I hope you understand ...

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 10:52:59 AM »
back to the topic I have just re-watched game! Nole looked like he would rather hit the bed than playing there, poor movement, rushing with points etc. On other hand Tomic played fairly well so kudos to him.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 11:30:52 AM »

I didn't suggest anything of the sort, Alex.  I only meant if this meant he had gotten some sort of focus. As he himself remarked after the match, he said he "had been working on his head over the past few weeks."
OK, I'm serious now. I've been Nole fan forever (since he was 18yo and a nobody). I'm a goof and I like to goof around, so my sense of humor might be different.

However, I would like to see some of these youngsters to really break through. Tomic (not sure how much you know about him tho) has too many issues 'in his head' to deal with. His partying, his comments that he feels 'he will be the best tennis player ever' (yeah that's what he said)... his problems with the Police, driving like a retard and saying 'Do you know who I am? ... it's just too much . He is behaving like a star and he really hasn't accomplished anything. I really appreciate all players, but this young guy needs to smarten up. I hope you understand ...

Yeah, I agree. He has the talent, but he doesn't have the attitude to become a Slam winner. That competitive spirit is lacking. Hope he matures soon and decides to focus on his game instead of other things.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »
Thursday 3 January

Day: [2] United States v [4] Spain

Spain d United States 3-0 (due to John Isnerís withdrawal)

Fernando Verdasco (ESP) d Thanasi Kokkinakis* (representing Team USA) 7-6(4) 6-3 (Stands as 6-0 6-0)

Venus Williams (USA) d Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) 6-3 6-4 (Stands as 0-6 0-6)

Fernando Verdasco/Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) d Thanasi Kokkinakis*/Venus Williams (USA) 6-1 6-3 (Stands as 6-0 6-0)

* John Isner withdrew with a knee injury before play began. He was replaced by Thanasi Kokkinakis (AUS).

Night: [3] Italy v [8] Australia

Bernard Tomic (AUS) d Andreas Seppi (ITA) 6-3 7-5

Ashleigh Barty (AUS) d Francesca Schiavone (ITA) 6-0 6-3

Andreas Seppi/Francesca Schiavone (ITA) d Bernard Tomic/Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 2-6 6-4 [10-3]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:41:23 AM by oracle86 »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 11:52:03 AM »
At least Venus got some matches in...

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 04:54:42 PM »
At least Venus got some matches in...
feel bad for Venus. but it seems to me that this is just a big circus where nobody really cares and anything can happen, injuries every year etc.

I don't want to be negative as I find Perth organizers to be freaking fantastic. The crowd is amazing, so passionate. I've never been to Australia and would love to go there one day.  :)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 06:43:09 PM »
tomic is doing something right.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 01:05:59 PM »
Friday 4 January

South Africa d France 2-1

Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) d Mathilde Johansson (FRA) 4-6 6-4 6-4
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) d Kevin Anderson (RSA) 7-6(4) 7-6(3)
Chanelle Scheepers/Kevin Anderson (RSA) d Mathilde Johansson/Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 6-3 1-2 ret. (Score stands as 6-0 6-0)

Serbia d Germany 3-0

Novak Djokovic (SRB) d Tommy Haas (GER) 6-2 6-0
Ana Ivanovic (SRB) d Tatjana Malek (GER) 6-0 6-1
Novak Djokovic/Ana Ivanovic (SRB) d Thanasi Kokkinakis*/Tatjana Malek (GER) 6-2 7-5 (Score stands as 6-0 6-0)

*Tommy Haas withdrew from the mixed doubles with an injured toe and was replaced by Thanasi Kokkinakis (AUS).

Saturday 5 January: Final

[1] Serbia v [4] Spain

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 11:24:18 AM »
Spain won!!!!!!!!!

Novak Djokovic (SRB) d. Fernando Verdasco (ESP) 6-3 7-5
Ana Ivanovic (SRB) l. Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) 4-6 7-6 2-6
A.Ivanovic (SRB) / N.Djokovic (SRB) l. A.Medina Garrigues (ESP) / F.Verdasco (ESP) 4-6 5-7

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
Ana could not concentrate on a game with Nando on other side  :)~

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 01:28:14 AM »
Ana could not concentrate on a game with Nando on other side  :)~
Ana used to be so good. nowadays she can't even win at the Hopman cup. well, she is still gorgeous.  :). I suggest to HC organizers to let women play naked next year  :)~.