Author Topic: Winners and Losers of 2013  (Read 2316 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Winners and Losers of 2013
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 03:56:02 AM »
To be honest, I don't think much of Raonic. He's pretty stiff. He's got a great serve, due to his height, but not much else. He's too big bodied to move well, which is a premium in today's tennis.
Ayuh.
Perhaps he should spend some quality time with Pat Etcheberry. :lifting)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »
To be honest, I don't think much of Raonic. He's pretty stiff. He's got a great serve, due to his height, but not much else. He's too big bodied to move well, which is a premium in today's tennis.
all true but he is Canadian  :). In Canada if you don't watch hockey 24/7 you are not patriotic  ..-). We have nobody but Raonic and a good old Nestor. It must count for something  :innocent:.

The sad thing is things are not much better in the States  :zipped:. I like Sock ... but,

Frank Dancevic?

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 10:12:13 AM »
Ayuh.

If you got with Pat Etcheberry, would you be able to move like Djokcovic or Murray?
I'm not talking about his fitness, just his body type.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2013, 06:48:09 PM »
all true but he is Canadian  :). In Canada if you don't watch hockey 24/7 you are not patriotic  ..-). We have nobody but Raonic and a good old Nestor. It must count for something  :innocent:.

The sad thing is things are not much better in the States  :zipped:. I like Sock ... but,

Frank Dancevic?
I love Frank, great personality. I really think he should've achieved so much more. Injuries, injuries ... you know but thanks for making me depressed  :depressed:.

anyways, I really hope that Filip Peliwo will make it  :spot on:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2013, 09:08:52 PM »
Fed's the biggest loser of 2013.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2013, 04:20:32 PM »

I love Frank, great personality. I really think he should've achieved so much more. Injuries, injuries ... you know but thanks for making me depressed  :depressed:.

anyways, I really hope that Filip Peliwo will make it  :spot on:

I actually met Frank a few years ago at Newport. Drove him in from the airport. He was very..... normal. I liked him too.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2013, 05:12:47 AM »
Ayuh.

If you got with Pat Etcheberry, would you be able to move like Djokcovic or Murray?
I'm not talking about his fitness, just his body type.
No, I would not.
But I would certainly improve immensely, and perhaps reach the limits of what my body type is capable of (after several years of training :lmao:).
I think Raonic is not at the upper limits of his ability to move and could use some help in that department as well as improving his fitness.
CONK da ball!!!