Author Topic: Murray wins again at the Brisbane International as Champion!  (Read 494 times)

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
Murray wins again at the Brisbane International as Champion!
« on: January 06, 2013, 12:49:55 AM »
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 06: Andy Murray of Great Britain holds the winners trophy after his final match against Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria on day eight of the Brisbane International at Pat Rafter Arena on January 6, 2013 in Brisbane, Australia. (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images)

Offline tio_toni

• Tennis Player
Re: Murray wins again at the Brisbane International as Champion!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 07:28:32 PM »
Dimitrov is a mental midget and a choker.  So many wasted opportunities  :hammer:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Murray wins again at the Brisbane International as Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 09:30:32 PM »
Congrats.  Small warm up tourney but a win is a win and obviously big tourney right around the corner!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:44:52 PM »
murray keeps racking up titles.

he is a tough customer on hard courts.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 01:21:58 AM »
Murray still trailing Djokovic in career titles.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Katie828

• Tennis Player
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:32:19 AM »
Very pleased that Andy won the title. :) It was a good match - Dimitrov is definitely very talented - hope he can keep improving and rise up the rankings.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:49:28 AM »
I only found out yesterday that Brick Top actually hates Andy. He called him a mug in one of the match threads at MTF.  I typically donít go there but I was curious last night. How dare. Here's what I want to do to him...
 :hammer:

You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 09:17:20 AM »
The match was awesome. I couldnít watch it live though I really wanted to as I had a feeling this was going to be cracker, but unfortunately I am slightly under the weather and a couple of nighttime Advils completely knocked me out by 10pm on Saturday night. There were some ups and downs on both parts but hitting was clean and spectacular. Itís a great match up. Dimitrov looked extremely pumped up from the get-go and was playing at a very high level but then got all tight in the 9th game, where he was supposed to close out the set but instead got broken right away. But he put the pressure back on to Andyís serve right after when Andy was trying to level things up in the 1st set and pushing it to a TB but Andy held in the end quite nicely. The TB was a total demolition job from Andy and not to mention, very one sided. Dimitrov didnít have a clue as to what was happening and I felt he was still sort of stuck on the fact that, he got broken when he could have easily had that set and now he was facing a TB and down a few points already.

Dimitrov though didnít give up in the 2nd set which was nice to see and surprise, surprise, it was again Andy who had another mental lapse in the 7th game and gave Dimitrov yet another lead to 4-3 by playing really sloppy, but he came back very, very strong in the next game and broke Dimitrov back immediately. Andy then held his serve with a lot of authority in the next game. Both games were so strong from Andy that it threw Dimitrov slightly off causing him two double faults in a row. 

Of course experience and variety prevailed in the end. I like Dimitrov but what was evident in his game was the fact that, once his confidence level is shaken, he becomes very error prone just like Federer and itís not pretty. He also has a very good serve but it was still Andy who served 5 aces in the 1st set as opposed to Dimitrov who had only 1 ace. Great match otherwise, really.

And great start for Andy.

You are everything I am not.