Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Why isn't David Nalbandian playing the 2013 Australian Open?

<< < (2/3) > >>

RoosterGerman:
Isner the latest to withdraw. Okay this is annoying, shaping up to be on the of the weakest AO entry lists ever. Janowicz is now 24th seed, so will avoid top 8 in third round which is a massive shame. Poor form from Insner, he has had 2 months to prepare for god sake. If your injured, don't play two tourneys in two weeks. Not hard logic to gauge. Nishikori/Monaco and Tipsaveric all top 20 players also in doubt.

These guys have had a LONG time to prepare. Injury is unacceptable i'm sorry and this is on the players. Nowadays players get "injured" far too easily and it's on them to toughen up and for the doctors to stop overhyping these injuries and putting ideas into the heads of player camps. Was never like this even three years back.

Players need to harden up. This is a sport not a fashion show

Swish:

--- Quote from: RoosterGerman on January 09, 2013, 08:27:33 PM ---Isner the latest to withdraw. Okay this is annoying, shaping up to be on the of the weakest AO entry lists ever. Janowicz is now 24th seed, so will avoid top 8 in third round which is a massive shame. Poor form from Insner, he has had 2 months to prepare for god sake. If your injured, don't play two tourneys in two weeks. Not hard logic to gauge. Nishikori/Monaco and Tipsaveric all top 20 players also in doubt.

These guys have had a LONG time to prepare. Injury is unacceptable i'm sorry and this is on the players. Nowadays players get "injured" far too easily and it's on them to toughen up and for the doctors to stop overhyping these injuries and putting ideas into the heads of player camps. Was never like this even three years back.

Players need to harden up. This is a sport not a fashion show

--- End quote ---

From what I read, Isner had a bone bruise on the knee.
He hoped it would heal but entering tournaments seems to have delayed his progress.

RoosterGerman:
Had he not entered Sydney, he would be in Melbourne in fine shape...like Nishikori. Makes me wonder why these guys enter tournaments right before slams when they are not fully fit. Look at Roger Federer, do what he does...that is practice at Melbourne Park.

huntingyou:
Supposedly he is operating a pastry business in his hometown and got stuck playing with the goods.

Babblelot:
huntingyou?!?!?!   :rofl_2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version