Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

MEN -- Australian Open 2013

<< < (133/175) > >>

Dallas:
First - I don't know why you guys thought Berdych was going to do anything? The record between them was 11-1 in favor of Novak coming in. It's all about the natch up and Berdych doesn't match up with Novak's game at all...hence the really poor record. Once it gets over a 10 game winning record over someone, it becomes mental as well (ask Almagro! Lol). So I didn't think this match would be that hard tonight for Novak.

I am concerned about Tsonga because he's beaten Roger before - IN A GRAND SLAM, COMING BACK FROM TWO SETS DOWN on Rogers's best surface - so yes, he is worrying me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

propstoart:
What makes Tsonga special, IMHO, is the talent, power AND agility he possesses.. With the big servers, Roger likes to chip/block the return, lure the opponent to the court and pass him.. For most of the big fellas, the forecourt is their 'Achilles' heel'.. Tsonga is a big fella with a deft touch.. He can belt the forehand in the corner and follow up with a confident drop volley at the net..

Nevertheless, it will come down to how he feels on court tomorrow.. In a lot of ways, Tsonga is like the French rugby team, very volatile and unpredictable.. The odds are on a Federer victory, but if Tsonga comes out firing and believing and gets the crowd involved, we could very well have a match on our hands..

Importantly, Roger must look to play hard and smart, a la the previous round against Raonic.. Plan A has to click - his serve and forehand are crucial towards deciding the fate of the contest.. If he is forced to defend/dig deep, Tsonga will fancy his chances..

Gawdblessya:
Poor  Almagro!  What an effort & what a loss! I called it a night after the second set & thought he could win this!  Unbelievable! 

As to the Djokovic match, I'm surprised Berdych took a set here. As expected, Djokovic wanted to keep it short & he took two of the sets by allowing his opponent just a game in each. Incredible stuff.
Could Ferrer have a "eureka!" moment!  Anything is possible but in this case, unlikely to happen. 
Djokovic has his eagle eye on the trophy. 

Federer played well in the Raonic match. But he'll need to go up a gear against Tsonga if he wants to avoid a long match. It is a fact that Tsonga has beaten Federer in a GS, but it is also a fact that Federer can outplay him & this match should produce some good tennis. 

I haven't changed my mind about Murray beating Chardy in straight sets.     

Tennis4you:

--- Quote from: Gawdblessya on January 22, 2013, 04:34:28 PM ---Poor  Almagro!  What an effort & what a loss! I called it a night after the second set & thought he could win this!  Unbelievable! 

As to the Djokovic match, I'm surprised Berdych took a set here. As expected, Djokovic wanted to keep it short & he took two of the sets by allowing his opponent just a game in each. Incredible stuff.
Could Ferrer have a "eureka!" moment!  Anything is possible but in this case, unlikely to happen. 
Djokovic has his eagle eye on the trophy. 

Federer played well in the Raonic match. But he'll need to go up a gear against Tsonga if he wants to avoid a long match. It is a fact that Tsonga has beaten Federer in a GS, but it is also a fact that Federer can outplay him & this match should produce some good tennis. 

I haven't changed my mind about Murray beating Chardy in straight sets.     

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with you on all accounts!

Alex:
I still can't get over the fact that Nico chocked so badly, so many opportunities, ah blah .  Nole will take care of Ferrer. that's one thing I'm pretty sure of.

Fed/Tsonga should be very interesting but I think Fed will take it. Tsonga goes from cold to hot too much, just not consistent enough and Fed is playing very well atm. I'm really looking forward to this match.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version