Author Topic: MEN -- Australian Open 2013  (Read 28593 times)

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
Re: MEN -- Australian Open 2013
« Reply #740 on: January 24, 2013, 03:59:08 AM »
Let them give Djokovic the trophy !! No one will beat him !!
The world awaits no genius

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #741 on: January 24, 2013, 04:00:55 AM »
As expected, Djokovic has a cake walk to the finals against Ferrer... Ferrer is just pleased to get to the SF and Djokovic will get to the finals very well rested!! My guess is that if Fed vs. Murray goes on to 5 sets (which is likely) Djokovic will not have a hard time getting the title...

But Tennis is Tennis and you play who is on the other side of the court... So, congrats to Djokovic on getting to the final!!!

Murray vs. Fed can be a good match tomorrow night!!!

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #742 on: January 24, 2013, 04:30:50 AM »
Djokovic is a monster player!!!!!!!! He didn't have any work to beat Ferrer!!!!!

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #743 on: January 24, 2013, 05:06:16 AM »
Let them give Djokovic the trophy !! No one will beat him !!

I am not so sure about this.. if tomorrow's match goes miraculously to 3 sets (whoever the winner is) they might as well be rested and can challenge Djokovic.. True, Djokovic is the man to beat atm, but for now I think either Murray or Federer can beat him if they are not dead tired from the SF or at least have a shot at him.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:06:53 AM by mav140 »

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #744 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:30 AM »
Well I saw the first semi final & have just watched the highlights again.
Firstly, congratulations to Djokovic fans & tennis fans alike. It was great to see Djokovic playing such beautiful tennis here. I have always liked his natural game - when he plays like this, it is with such finesse & grace. And Ferrer gave him the opportunity to play free.  This was a glimpse of Djokovic at his best, in my view. In the moment, clinical, and entirely at one with his game.  Give me 5 hours of this game & I'll be happy!   :)

I bet Ferrer is hurting. And not from the effort in the Almagro match either. It can't be easy knowing that you will never be able to play great tennis, and to be obliterated by a man across the court to whom it came so easily today.  Still, in knowing that he couldn't have got further than he did, congratulations to DF for getting to the semifinal.

My next thoughts turn to the one who will face Djokovic.   If I were Murray or Federer, and watching the Djokovic semi final, I'd have one word on my lips.  "Gulp!"   

Murray simply hasn't been tested here all tournament. And to me, he hasn't played his best tennis either.  He may well not require it, in which case, good. Is he playing well enough to beat Djokovic playing as he did against Ferrer. Not in my view.

Federer struggled with the first opponent to give him a fight, namely Tsonga. His game against Tsonga was littered with errors & missed opportunities. He was clearly not at his best, and may well play better against Murray - he'll need to do so. And then, beyond that, can he match up to Djokovic playing his best tennis? Not in my view.

For me the reality is that Djokovic looks unassailable. The others will have to play their top game at a consistently high level in order to threaten him.  I just can't see it happening.  But I won't sob in my pillow if I'm proved wrong!!  Let the better player on the day win!

But despite this, I am looking forward to the second semi final & wish both men an excellent match.  The title is the goal, but the journey ought to be as undertaken with the fullest determination. I hope they can give each other, and us, their best game. 

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:21:29 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #745 on: January 24, 2013, 08:26:33 AM »
I'll say this about that: everyone here sucks from time to time...

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Shoot, I suck all the time.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #746 on: January 24, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »
Djokovic v. Federer/Murray is upon us!

"This is what they came for!"

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #747 on: January 24, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »
I expected Novak would win but not in this way (not so easy). Ferrer is a fighter and he always gives 100%. This was a lunatic performance by Djokovic. I'm actually glad he was tested by Stan earlier. Gawdb has some very good points btw. oh boy, Nole just relentless/lethal  ...  nothing Feerrr could do.

I can hardly wait for the Fed/Murray match. It should be a great match. I'm drooling  :)).

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #748 on: January 24, 2013, 10:27:30 AM »

Good stuff!

I want Federer to win, but I think Murray vs Nole would be a better final and I am all about good tennis.  Either way, it's a win for all the fans!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #749 on: January 24, 2013, 10:32:28 AM »
I expected Novak would win but not in this way (not so easy). Ferrer is a fighter and he always gives 100%. This was a lunatic performance by Djokovic. I'm actually glad he was tested by Stan earlier. Gawdb has some very good points btw. oh boy, Nole just relentless/lethal  ...  nothing Feerrr could do.
I can hardly wait for the Fed/Murray match. It should be a great match. I'm drooling  :)).

Normally I'd be cross about a semi that went so quickly but it was amazing and wonderful to watch Nole hit all those winners with shot after shot painting the line, often barely.  I agree, faced with that sort of play on a hard court, there was nothing Ferrer could do.  :(

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #750 on: January 24, 2013, 11:18:25 AM »

Normally I'd be cross about a semi that went so quickly but it was amazing and wonderful to watch Nole hit all those winners with shot after shot painting the line, often barely.  I agree, faced with that sort of play on a hard court, there was nothing Ferrer could do.  :(
well, Ferrer is a great player, it's just that Djokovic played out of his mind ... 90% on his first serve etc. just crazy stuff. winners coming left and right. I feel bad about Ferrer to be honest with you. just pure brutal power and no mercy from Novak. He played as if he was possessed ...

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Re: MEN -- Australian Open 2013
« Reply #751 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:10 AM »

Good stuff!

I want Federer to win, but I think Murray vs Nole would be a better final and I am all about good tennis.  Either way, it's a win for all the fans!

I'm holding Murray v. Djokovic against them so I'm rooting for Federer tonight. We know what to expect from those 2, just ask williamchung: (paraphrasing) they play almost always from too far behind the baseline. Roger's a much more aggressive player by comparison. His matches aren't  defined by +20 shot rallies. The probability of the final reaching 4 hours with Roger is about the same likelihood of the Djokovic-Murray final going 5 1/2 hours.

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #752 on: January 24, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »
I think the final will be Djokovic vs Federer, because Murray is a fantastic player too, but he didn't have a hard player in this tournament, so it is possible that he is not prepared for the decisive moments, because he had no difficulty.

Online Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
MEN -- Australian Open 2013
« Reply #753 on: January 25, 2013, 02:23:13 AM »

Good stuff!

I'm holding Murray v. Djokovic against them so I'm rooting for Federer tonight. We know what to expect from those 2, just ask williamchung: (paraphrasing) they play almost always from too far behind the baseline. Roger's a much more aggressive player by comparison. His matches aren't  defined by +20 shot rallies. The probability of the final reaching 4 hours with Roger is about the same likelihood of the Djokovic-Murray final going 5 1/2 hours.

Babbs pulling for Roger! Oh my.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #754 on: January 25, 2013, 02:42:30 AM »
Here we Goooooooo !!!!

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #755 on: January 25, 2013, 03:00:17 AM »
Federer's serve is off and he's hitting tons of backhands to defending break points !!

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #756 on: January 25, 2013, 03:00:54 AM »
Break up for Murray . . . leads 2-1

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #757 on: January 25, 2013, 03:10:52 AM »
Finally a smooth service game from Fed . . . Murray up 3:2 with the break.

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #758 on: January 25, 2013, 03:21:32 AM »
Fed still struggling on serve or Murray reading his serve well. Had to fend off two more break points. Murray 4-3 up.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #759 on: January 25, 2013, 03:21:42 AM »
C'mon Fed!!!