Tennis Discussions > Tennis Match Threads

Great AO matches

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tennis4you:

--- Quote from: Brick Top on January 11, 2013, 09:43:43 AM ---HD Djokovic vs Nadal Part 1 - Australian open 2012 finals- Extended highlights

--- End quote ---
that was an amazing match!  Could not ask for more!

Babblelot:

--- Quote from: tennisville on January 11, 2013, 02:13:31 AM ---Federer vs Safin AO 2005 SF ENG

:winner: According to me the best match ever :winner:
--- End quote ---

I've been saying this for 7 years!!!

See my comments for #3 dated January 2011
"Simply The Greatest Match Ever"
http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=11136.600

tennisville:
I will add some more classics like Nadal Verdasco and Djokovic Murray  :gleam:

Babbleot , many journalists also said that had this been the final , it would have been considered the best match of all time ahead of that wimbledon final . But because it took place in the semis , it lost some of its charm . I still think the quality of this match is beyond words . Stunning display from start to end

Babblelot:

--- Quote from: tennisville on January 11, 2013, 09:44:39 PM ---I will add some more classics like Nadal Verdasco and Djokovic Murray  :gleam:

Babbleot , many journalists also said that had this been the final , it would have been considered the best match of all time ahead of that wimbledon final . But because it took place in the semis , it lost some of its charm . I still think the quality of this match is beyond words . Stunning display from start to end

--- End quote ---

I've been saying that, too, for years!!

I discount the Wimbledon final for two reasons. First, it took some 8 hours to complete with 2 very long rain delays. That's a big deficieny. Second, Rafa served about 99.999% of the time to Roger's backhand because Roger couldn't handle it. The quality just wasn't there from Roger on that day. I think it's overvalued because of the drama (not the quality) and, of course, because it took place at Wimbledon.

So I'm not buying the Wimbledon Final. Half of the time it was in rain delay.  :thumb-down:

That Federer-Safin AO SF lacks no luster.

Tennis4you:

--- Quote from: Brick Top on January 11, 2013, 09:43:43 AM ---HD Djokovic vs Nadal Part 1 - Australian open 2012 finals- Extended highlights

--- End quote ---

Awwww man, who dares post the first video and not the rest!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version