Tennis Discussions > Tennis Match Threads

AO R1 J. Tipsarevic def. L. Hewitt 7-6 7-5 6-3

(1/1)

Brick Top:
Cant believe Rusty choked that second set, after being 2 breaks up and even served for set. Anyway cudos to Janko for being concentrated well trough entire match, and deservedly won.

FreakyGOAT > CD:
What a tragedy to wake up to :(

Tennis4you:
Torn on this one.  It was nice to see Hewitt do well last week, but I like Tips too.  Tough first round!

Rafa816:
I was really pulling for Hewitt and it was a massive bummer to see him blow that second set after doing so well. But, even though I don't really like him that much, it is kind of nice to see Tipsarevic prove wrong all his doubters. Tons of people, including me, constantly think he's going to get upset in almost every match, but he proves us wrong.

Clay Death:

--- Quote from: Brick Top on January 14, 2013, 05:23:23 AM ---Cant believe Rusty choked that second set, after being 2 breaks up and even served for set. Anyway cudos to Janko for being concentrated well trough entire match, and deservedly won.

--- End quote ---

he used to be a lot tougher. he had his chances in the first set as well.

just easy missed shots off the backhand wing. killer cahill was saying that he never used to miss those in the old days.

22 unforced errors in the first set alone. at least 22. i stopped counting after 20.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version