Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Who Will Make It To The Final From The Top Half?

(1/7) > >>

FreakyGOAT > CD:
With Djokovic playing a super long match yesterday, the whole plot changes. Surely he won't be 100% against Berdych, so a loss is probable. Even if he does make it through Berdych, it won't be easy and he'll have very little left for the SF. This leaves Ferrer with his best chance at a GS Final. As for Almagro, the story with him and Ferrer likely won't change. If it happens to be Berdych-Ferrer in the SF, then Ferrer has a great chance with his experience and 6-3 H2H against Berdych.

This is one of the more interesting situations we've had in a long time at a Grand Slam.

Discuss.

Babblelot:
Disagree the the length of the match will impact Nole. He's incredibly fit and has proven that he can do this back to back. That being said, as GBY noted and anyone watching could attest to, Nole played like crap. His FH broke down time and again and his ROS was pedestrian. What was on display, however, was his heart and mind of a champion.  That's what will carry the day.

I'm still picking Nole.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

FreakyGOAT > CD:

--- Quote from: Babblelot on January 20, 2013, 02:21:07 PM ---Disagree the the length of the match will impact Nole. He's incredibly fit and has proven that he can do this back to back. That being said, as GBY noted and anyone watching could attest to, Nole played like crap. His FH broke down time and again and his ROS was pedestrian. What was on display, however, was his heart and mind of a champion.  That's what will carry the day.

I'm still picking Nole.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if we've seen Djokovic contest a match THIS long (last year's final is irrelevant because he didn't have to play another match.) This kind of marathon early on could really affect Djoko, and Berdych winning in straights doesn't help his cause. Don't be surprised with a Berdych win, but don't expect it either :))

Tennis4you:
I think Nole could be stiff at first but I think he will be ok.  He will rest up and heal quickly

FreakyGOAT > CD:

--- Quote from: Tennis4you on January 20, 2013, 03:12:38 PM ---I think Nole could be stiff at first but I think he will be ok.  He will rest up and heal quickly

--- End quote ---

Berdych might be able to trouble him more than he would've had Djoko played less. :dunno:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version