Author Topic: Hello T4Y  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
Hello T4Y
« on: January 22, 2013, 07:37:11 AM »
I am a tennis enthusiast from Norway. Been following the sport since 1980, a little on and off in periodes.

Count me as a huge statistics fan, any stat will do, and also a Federer fan since long before he set any records. Getting to put my fave's name on top of ever more spreadsheets was an unexpected bonus and have thrilled me no end. My previous favourites from three decades were never this obliging.

I am known from MTF, where I am still active, and was invited here by a friend from there to see what this place is like. I am not quick to get acquainted with new places, but I'll try to find my way around to see.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:37:56 AM by Litotes »

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
Re: Hello T4Y
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 07:47:49 AM »
 :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

WELCOME!

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 07:58:07 AM »
Thanks, OW! Nice to see a familiar face  :)

I've noticed things are a little different here. I was logged out automatically after an hour. Should be easy to fix that one, though. What's worse is you get no grace time to correct your typos after posting without being "outed" for it, not even one minute.... are there any other significant differences that I ought to know about?

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 08:08:13 AM »
Thanks, OW! Nice to see a familiar face  :)

I've noticed things are a little different here. I was logged out automatically after an hour. Should be easy to fix that one, though. What's worse is you get no grace time to correct your typos after posting without being "outed" for it, not even one minute.... are there any other significant differences that I ought to know about?

Yes, several differences, but of course I'm not an expert. The good thing is no Flash player so no loading up the page. And a wider variation of smileys here. And you are allowed to have large avatars. Also, if you're replying to someone else's post, and another guy replies to it at the same time, it doesn't let you post.

Basically, all of the most interesting guys and the most interesting tennis commentary happens in the Chat Threads. So hang around there  ;-()

And Litotes, could you keep "THE Thread" alive on MTF?  :)

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 08:17:41 AM »
Yes, several differences, but of course I'm not an expert. The good thing is no Flash player so no loading up the page. And a wider variation of smileys here. And you are allowed to have large avatars. Also, if you're replying to someone else's post, and another guy replies to it at the same time, it doesn't let you post.

Basically, all of the most interesting guys and the most interesting tennis commentary happens in the Chat Threads. So hang around there  ;-()

And Litotes, could you keep "THE Thread" alive on MTF?  :)

Thanks for the tips! I realized you might not be an expert yet with 84 posts, I certainly wasn't after 84 posts in MTF, but perhaps someone else will chime in :)

THE Thread was closed after your last visit, so I can't do anything for that one. Me and Slasher are keeping THE Country Celebration thread alive, though.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 08:25:16 AM »
Welcome GOATotes ;D You're gonna like it here ;)

OW, Mugerators shut THE Thread down :o
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 08:34:33 AM »

Thanks! :) Good to see you again :)

Yes, I noticed your request to keep THE Thread alive before your new posts were deleted, and that request was probably the reason for THE Threads closure. You really managed to get on the bad side of the mods. Or at least one or two of them, I know nothing about how these mod things work but I don't think such desicions include all af them.

Btw, I wanted to ask, why did you become so upset with Amber and Mae?

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Hello T4Y
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »
Yes welcome - we have a lot if members here that you may know from the other forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: Re: Hello T4Y
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 09:33:23 AM »

Thanks! :) Good to see you again :)

Yes, I noticed your request to keep THE Thread alive before your new posts were deleted, and that request was probably the reason for THE Threads closure. You really managed to get on the bad side of the mods. Or at least one or two of them, I know nothing about how these mod things work but I don't think such desicions include all af them.

Btw, I wanted to ask, why did you become so upset with Amber and Mae?

The mods are just unfair, lucky for you we have the best mod team here :))

Well, they supported my ban which made me feel betrayed :dunno:

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »
The mods are just unfair, lucky for you we have the best mod team here :))

Well, they supported my ban which made me feel betrayed :dunno:

I've never had any mod trouble on MTF, no infraction points. Do such things exist here? Not that I expect to get any. Just my natural curiosity. And I've noticed the mod team is quite familiar. Not bad becoming mod in less than two months on the forum :)

They did? Must have missed that. I'm sure they didn't support a permaban though. Now they are confused and say they have no idea why a friend turned on them. Just saying. They don't know I'm talking to you here, in case you were wondering. Not planning on telling them either, unless you should want me to give them a positive message.

How does things work here with finding posts made in threads you have posted, after your last login? Like the "Subscribed threads" in the User CP function.

Offline EnriqueIG8

• Tennis God
  • Tots Units Fem Força
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 01:58:17 PM »
Welcome here Markus!
Glad you accepted my inventation.

Hopefully you will like this forum as well and drop by the Castle from time to time (when MTF is quiet) or whenever you just like to.
We were in need for a statician anyway  :)~
Fill In The Draw @ T4U
Ranking: #1 (High: #1)
Titles: 7 [Australian Open, Auckland, Zagreb, San Jose, Marseille, Delray Beach & MS Monte Carlo]

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 02:05:40 PM »
Welcome here Markus!

Hopefully you will like this forum as well and drop by the Castle from time to time (when MTF is quiet) or whenever you just like to.

Thanks, Javi  :)  I like what I see of the place so far. Less activity, but that's not a bad thing. It lacks a few attractions MTF has, but one can always go back and forth a little.

You have no statistician from before? No Voo, StatRacket, Duong, TennisOnWood, JediFed, V.H....?

Offline EnriqueIG8

• Tennis God
  • Tots Units Fem Força
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 02:18:52 PM »
Welcome here Markus!

Thanks, Javi  :)  I like what I see of the place so far. Less activity, but that's not a bad thing. It lacks a few attractions MTF has, but one can always go back and forth a little.

You have no statistician from before? No Voo, StatRacket, Duong, TennisOnWood, JediFed, V.H....?

You're welcome mate. Well we are busy with achieving a little growth. A couple of people from the Casa already came to this place! I started a new Castle thread one week ago and it has already 1000 posts so that goes pretty fast?

No brainless mods here and stuff. A couple of different games you can play.

We have no mathematician/statician yet. You probably know masterclass, he is a master of analysis though. Maybe you can be our guru who keeps track of stats, numbers and other calculations  :))
Fill In The Draw @ T4U
Ranking: #1 (High: #1)
Titles: 7 [Australian Open, Auckland, Zagreb, San Jose, Marseille, Delray Beach & MS Monte Carlo]

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 06:08:34 PM »
Welcome!  If you have any questions with the forum let me know and I will try to help you through it.  I may have a chunk of posts but I am no expert.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »
I've never had any mod trouble on MTF, no infraction points. Do such things exist here? Not that I expect to get any. Just my natural curiosity. And I've noticed the mod team is quite familiar. Not bad becoming mod in less than two months on the forum :)

They did? Must have missed that. I'm sure they didn't support a permaban though. Now they are confused and say they have no idea why a friend turned on them. Just saying. They don't know I'm talking to you here, in case you were wondering. Not planning on telling them either, unless you should want me to give them a positive message.

How does things work here with finding posts made in threads you have posted, after your last login? Like the "Subscribed threads" in the User CP function.

(Sorry for the late response, because I was at school  :)~)

That really isn't a surprise, as you are a statistician which are highly respected at MTF (and rightly so). And yeah, thanks  :))

While, that's what I interpreted. I can't remember what exactly they said, but maybe I misinterpreted what they said :dunno: If they didn't support my ban, then I wouldn't hesitate to apologize.

To get notified when new posts appear, go to the bottom of the page and click "Notify" (which is right next to "Reply")

Markus, I hope you like it here. And I'd be happy to answer more of your questions  :king:

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 11:07:56 PM »
(Sorry for the late response, because I was at school  :)~)

That really isn't a surprise, as you are a statistician which are highly respected at MTF (and rightly so). And yeah, thanks  :))

While, that's what I interpreted. I can't remember what exactly they said, but maybe I misinterpreted what they said :dunno: If they didn't support my ban, then I wouldn't hesitate to apologize.

To get notified when new posts appear, go to the bottom of the page and click "Notify" (which is right next to "Reply")

Markus, I hope you like it here. And I'd be happy to answer more of your questions  :king:

No problem  :) I know about different time zones  :)

I can't say as to exactly what was said when the matter was fresh, but I know at least Mae thought your ban was unjust. And then you came back and insult her. Now she doesn't know what to think. I know one thing - she'd be very happy for an apology from you. So if you think she deserves one, you'd do her a kindness.

Thanks, I am slowly getting into things. Which is fine - I'm not in a hurry  :)

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »
Welcome!  If you have any questions with the forum let me know and I will try to help you through it.  I may have a chunk of posts but I am no expert.  :)

Thanks! :) I might have more questions once I realize what I need to ask.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 11:11:48 PM »
No problem  :) I know about different time zones  :)

I can't say as to exactly what was said when the matter was fresh, but I know at least Mae thought your ban was unjust. And then you came back and insult her. Now she doesn't know what to think. I know one thing - she'd be very happy for an apology from you. So if you think she deserves one, you'd do her a kindness.

Thanks, I am slowly getting into things. Which is fine - I'm not in a hurry  :)

I'll PM you  ;-()

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 12:28:16 PM »
I PMed you back  :)

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »