Tennis4you Community > T4U New Members Introductions

Hello T4Y

(1/6) > >>

Litotes:
I am a tennis enthusiast from Norway. Been following the sport since 1980, a little on and off in periodes.

Count me as a huge statistics fan, any stat will do, and also a Federer fan since long before he set any records. Getting to put my fave's name on top of ever more spreadsheets was an unexpected bonus and have thrilled me no end. My previous favourites from three decades were never this obliging.

I am known from MTF, where I am still active, and was invited here by a friend from there to see what this place is like. I am not quick to get acquainted with new places, but I'll try to find my way around to see.

Orange Wombat:
 :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

WELCOME!

Litotes:
Thanks, OW! Nice to see a familiar face  :)

I've noticed things are a little different here. I was logged out automatically after an hour. Should be easy to fix that one, though. What's worse is you get no grace time to correct your typos after posting without being "outed" for it, not even one minute.... are there any other significant differences that I ought to know about?

Orange Wombat:

--- Quote from: Litotes on January 22, 2013, 07:58:07 AM ---Thanks, OW! Nice to see a familiar face  :)

I've noticed things are a little different here. I was logged out automatically after an hour. Should be easy to fix that one, though. What's worse is you get no grace time to correct your typos after posting without being "outed" for it, not even one minute.... are there any other significant differences that I ought to know about?

--- End quote ---

Yes, several differences, but of course I'm not an expert. The good thing is no Flash player so no loading up the page. And a wider variation of smileys here. And you are allowed to have large avatars. Also, if you're replying to someone else's post, and another guy replies to it at the same time, it doesn't let you post.

Basically, all of the most interesting guys and the most interesting tennis commentary happens in the Chat Threads. So hang around there  ;-()

And Litotes, could you keep "THE Thread" alive on MTF?  :)

Litotes:

--- Quote from: Orange Wombat on January 22, 2013, 08:08:13 AM ---Yes, several differences, but of course I'm not an expert. The good thing is no Flash player so no loading up the page. And a wider variation of smileys here. And you are allowed to have large avatars. Also, if you're replying to someone else's post, and another guy replies to it at the same time, it doesn't let you post.

Basically, all of the most interesting guys and the most interesting tennis commentary happens in the Chat Threads. So hang around there  ;-()

And Litotes, could you keep "THE Thread" alive on MTF?  :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tips! I realized you might not be an expert yet with 84 posts, I certainly wasn't after 84 posts in MTF, but perhaps someone else will chime in :)

THE Thread was closed after your last visit, so I can't do anything for that one. Me and Slasher are keeping THE Country Celebration thread alive, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version