Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Tennis has a steroid problem

(1/26) > >>

Tennis4you:
Copying and pasting a post from someone on FB today.  I have little opinion on the steroid problem, I am just pasting here so don't hate the messanger.  Curious about the site referenced though, I will have to check it out.  The Panic Room incident is interesting though:

--- Quote ---Really tired of all the "rabid" Serena fans. There are those who compare her (and a certain top male player who people love) to a certain bicycle rider who many mistakenly admired. She and the male player are the most outspoken players against drug testing in tennis. In fact (yes fact) while all other players were being tested randomly and numerous times during competition and outside of competition, Serena Williams received ZERO drug tests in 2010 and 2011. Here is a timeline from a very complex site called "Tennis Has a Steroid Problem." Sure sounds similar to a bicycle rider-pay attention to October 26 post:

Timeline: Serena Williams
July 3, 2010: Serena Williams wins Wimbledon.

July 7, 2010: Williams cuts both of her feet on broken glass at an unnamed restaurant in Munich Germany. The cuts require "18 stitches: six inside the cut on her right foot and six on top of that foot, and six stitches on the bottom of her left foot." Restaurant is to this day "unnamed."

July 8, 2010: One day after receiving 18 stitches in her foot, Williams goes to Belgium to play an exhibition match against Kim Cljisters.

July 15, 2010: Williams has "surgery to repair a lacerated tendon on the top of her right foot July 15 at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles."

October 2010: Second surgery on foot, and spends "10 weeks in a cast and 10 weeks in a walking boot."

February 2011: Williams hospitalized for a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs).

February 28, 2011: Williams returns to hospital "because of a large hematoma on her stomach. The gathering of blood under the skin grew from a "golf ball" to the size of "a grapefruit."

June 2011: Williams plays at Eastbourne. First tournament since winning Wimbledon 2010; loses in 2nd round. Plays Wimbledon, loses in 4th round.

July 2011: Plays Stanford, wins tournament.

August 2011: Plays Toronto, wins tournament. Plays Cincinnati, wins 1st round then withdraws with "toe injury."

August-September 2011: Plays US Open, loses in final. Does not play another tournament in 2011.

October 26, 2011: Williams retreats to panic room and calls 911 when ITF doping control officer arrives for 6am out-of-competition test. No public comment made by Williams about the incident. ITF anti-doping statistics indicate that zero out-of-competition samples were collected from Williams in 2010 and 2011. No explanation given by ITF or Williams on why no sample was collected during panic room incident.

January 2012: Plays Brisbane, wins 1st and 2nd round then withdraws with left ankle injury. Plays Australian Open, loses in 4th round.

February 2012: Plays Fed Cup, wins both singles matches.

March 2012: Plays Miami, loses in quarterfinals.

April 2012: Plays Charleston, wins tournament. Plays Fed Cup, wins both singles matches.

May 2012: Plays Madrid, wins tournament. Plays Rome, withdraws from semi-finals with back injury. Plays French Open, loses in 1st round.

June-present 2012: Plays Wimbledon, wins tournament. Plays Charleston, wins tournament. Plays Olympics...? Wins gold.
--- End quote ---

Babblelot:
How would someone know all of this - zero tests? The ITF wouldn't make that info easy to discover.

I'm calling b.s. Someone is trolling rabid Serena fans.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

sid:
Same as Scott i am just pasting here so don't hate the messanger.This maybe aload of bull & i think it is but read this.

Tennis Has a Steroid Problem

http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/djokovic-dr-igor-and-william-nelson.html

Dallas:
I hear that the drug testing in tennis puts to shame all the other sports drug testing combined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamesdster:
I think Fed pretty much admitted to being on roids when he was referring to his massive left arm.    :))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version