Author Topic: Tennis has a steroid problem  (Read 8869 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: Tennis has a steroid problem
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2013, 12:40:43 PM »
tennis is a game that requires immense skills.

no amount of doping will buy you a game to beat nole on hard courts for example.

no amout of doping will help you beat usain bolt in sprinting either.

so either you are born with the gifts from the gods or you are not.

lance armstrong outworked them all. he did not need to dope. he would have won anyway.

and since they all doped and he was still the best then he must have been the best anyway.

Cyclists at the top HAVE to dope, unless they are gifted from the gods there is no other way.
Psychologically it's also tough to know that your playing against a stacked deck by being clean.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »
first of all cycling is boring and sorry but that's my personal opinion. watching bunch of guys riding bikes, whatever, and know what kind of fun that is. second as Swish said they are all doping more or less.

Tennis requires all kinda different skill, shot making, tactics, court coverage, movement, mental strength etc. It is simply so much more complex. I know that some players are probably doping like in any other sport, but you don't have good skills no drug will help you out.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2013, 08:06:54 PM »
Nice sig Alex. Not too flashy.........  classy!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2013, 08:20:15 PM »
it is time for you get a sig too general swish. :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2013, 09:54:36 PM »
Nice sig Alex. Not too flashy.........  classy!!!
Thanks Swish. General Herc made iit for  me  :)).

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2013, 12:46:24 AM »
first of all cycling is boring and sorry but that's my personal opinion. watching bunch of guys riding bikes, whatever, and know what kind of fun that is. second as Swish said they are all doping more or less.

Tennis requires all kinda different skill, shot making, tactics, court coverage, movement, mental strength etc. It is simply so much more complex. I know that some players are probably doping like in any other sport, but you don't have good skills no drug will help you out.

My opinion exactly. Their achievements are awe-inspiring, but the sport is boring!!

I have no idea what Nadal is talking about? Just look at the past history of tennis - now that we are in the South American clay court swing - the string of Argentines sanctioned for doping. This practice was/is prevalent in tennis for a reason and tennis authorities banned the use of performance-enhancing drugs for a specific reason.   :\

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2013, 06:19:06 AM »
tennis is a game that requires immense skills.

no amount of doping will buy you a game to beat nole on hard courts for example.

no amout of doping will help you beat usain bolt in sprinting either.

so either you are born with the gifts from the gods or you are not.

lance armstrong outworked them all. he did not need to dope. he would have won anyway.

and since they all doped and he was still the best then he must have been the best anyway.

It's not as easy as that general Samson. We had a promising Norwegian cyclist that later admitted he tried dope, but his body reacted negatively to it, so he had to quit. And naturally didn't achieve any results. We had two others that tried it as an experiment. One improved his test results significantly, the other less so. Their starting point was the same.

Some cyclists are honest (surely), other can't use the same dope for medical reasons. And the benefit you draw from it will be individual, some get more "bonus" than others. We can't conclude that Armstrong would have won anything in a clean environment. We simply have no idea what that would have been like.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2013, 12:42:16 PM »
I hear that the drug testing in tennis puts to shame all the other sports drug testing combined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drug testing in tennis does not put others to shame Dallas,Murray said on skysports news he was only tested 5 times last year.If i can find out more i will post up whats said.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2013, 12:44:39 PM »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2013, 01:41:01 PM »
First of all... I think if you post on ANY board on the internet - you have to have a 'thick skull' because you're opening yourself up to other folks disagreeing with you!  So just simply put -- if you can't take the dish...maybe you should not post.  Simple as that.  Sure things can get out of hand, but I've visited other boards and our little board over here is nothing compared to some of the others I've visited.  I can't believe some folks are actually put off because of simple statements.  So...as a Mod... I do APOLOGIZE to any of the members here that say I have offended them.  And, just to clarify... I didn't say Nadal was doping.  I said I had a hard time believing that he said he didn't ever do any 'gym' work...not with all those muscles showing.  But that's just my opinion.  I have no proof, of course.  But 99% of the statements made on any board is made with no proof :rofl_2:...just people's opinions!

Further...I hope no one is leaving this board because of something I said or others have said here.  I know it's difficult to know when to really take someone serious over a 'computer'.  Heck, if I took what people said about me seriously...I would have a complex to last me for 10 years or more! :rofl_2:  We have some great people here and I hope the 'newcomers' will just give this board a chance.  Stick around and get to know us...This is a great board, and if you stick around - you will get to see that as well (I hope)!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »
Necro,
I just went to TW, I don't post there I just check it out once in a while. They are discussing Djokovic, his egg and some of them claim he is a doper. It's like a good comedy show.

Now as for Jessie calling Shank a homosexual, so what (if that's so insulting to him he could've complain to mods, although IMHO not sure why take that as an insult)? gay people are just people... Emma calls me gay/homo all the time, I couldn't care less  :)). Shank is a great guy but he does tend to be too sensitive sometimes (well, he lives in India, so maybe that's a sensitive topic there, not sure). Again, I don't know who said  what but this is a pretty civil board. We've known each other for a long time. Nobody is really trolling here, well except Dallas in her The Roger God thread  :rofl_2:

Now, I know you used to post on MTF and it's a jungle. MTF the Church of Federer. T4u is another Church of Federer. it's just the way it is. that's  why me and Babs harass Dallas, FFF and other Fed fans any time we can  :rofl_2:. They deserve it but they can also take it, if you know what I mean.

You remember how Fed tards used to attack Nadal on MTF. well now they switched to Djokovic. There a couple of them who are really bad. Any thread about Nole, they are right there, mocking him, and trying to prove how Fed is God and Nole is a useless one dimensional prick from Eastern Europe (white trash). They say 'peak Fed' would destroy him, conveniently forgetting that 20 yo was beating Fed.

so my point is,  don't let these things affect you so much. people are stupid and they will always BS no matter what. If you agree with them they will love you, if you disagree some of them will hate you and they'll  try to prove they are right. I assume you are a young guy.

Where do you get off with this sort of nonsense, eh? you know you are bi so hide it? Be out and be proud.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:30:45 PM by Emma »
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013, 05:41:35 PM »
Nadal has always struck me as a physically very strong player. Nole, on the other hand, has always struggled with his fitness, so his rise to the top all of a sudden in 2011 and his superman like ability thereafter did raise more than a few brows.

Anyway, there are quite a few Federer fans out there who believe Nadal is doping.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2013, 05:56:18 PM »
Nadal has always struck me as a physically very strong player. Nole, on the other hand, has always struggled with his fitness, so his rise to the top all of a sudden in 2011 and his superman like ability thereafter did raise more than a few brows.

Anyway, there are quite a few Federer fans out there who believe Nadal is doping.
well Murray beefed up suddenly few years ago too. as I said, we can only speculate. no point unless there is a valid proof.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2013, 06:29:31 PM »

well Murray beefed up suddenly few years ago too. as I said, we can only speculate. no point unless there is a valid proof.

Well, it's quite ironic how Nole can play several hours against Wawrinka and still stay fit for the final. Andy didn't even look half as fit in the final after his semi final match.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2013, 07:44:41 PM »

Well, it's quite ironic how Nole can play several hours against Wawrinka and still stay fit for the final. Andy didn't even look half as fit in the final after his semi final match.

so, you are insinuating that Nole is doping and that's why poor Murray who is an angel lost. lovely, only in Emma's lala land. I'd suggest watch the match again, better/more aggressive player won, like it or not.

Offline nick the greek

• Tennis Player
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2013, 08:12:51 PM »

It's because of donkey cheese.Why do you think No1e bought world's entire supply and invested millions in it?
TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY.
NO1E, HE CAN DO IT 3 TIMES IN A ROW
NOVAK "WIZARD OF OZ" DJOKOVIC

Quote from: Prodigy.
nick is god

THE AGE OF DJOKER THE BARBARIAN HAS COME

Offline nick the greek

• Tennis Player
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2013, 08:19:30 PM »
First of all... I think if you post on ANY board on the internet - you have to have a 'thick skull' because you're opening yourself up to other folks disagreeing with you!  So just simply put -- if you can't take the dish...maybe you should not post.  Simple as that.  Sure things can get out of hand, but I've visited other boards and our little board over here is nothing compared to some of the others I've visited. I can't believe some folks are actually put off because of simple statements.  So...as a Mod... I do APOLOGIZE to any of the members here that say I have offended them.  And, just to clarify... I didn't say Nadal was doping.  I said I had a hard time believing that he said he didn't ever do any 'gym' work...not with all those muscles showing. But that's just my opinion.  I have no proof, of course.  But 99% of the statements made on any board is made with no proof :rofl_2:...just people's opinions!

Further...I hope no one is leaving this board because of something I said or others have said here.  I know it's difficult to know when to really take someone serious over a 'computer'.  Heck, if I took what people said about me seriously...I would have a complex to last me for 10 years or more! :rofl_2:  We have some great people here and I hope the 'newcomers' will just give this board a chance.  Stick around and get to know us...This is a great board, and if you stick around - you will get to see that as well (I hope)!
I know.This place is like kindergarten comparing to some other forums. :))

It's possible to build respectable muscle mass by doing body weight exercises(push ups, dips and pull ups).I once took a 6 months break from a gym, but was doing push ups like a maniac and when I returned to the gym I was easily able to do my max bench press(160 kg). :)
TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY.
NO1E, HE CAN DO IT 3 TIMES IN A ROW
NOVAK "WIZARD OF OZ" DJOKOVIC

Quote from: Prodigy.
nick is god

THE AGE OF DJOKER THE BARBARIAN HAS COME

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2013, 03:34:05 AM »
 :)) :))

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2013, 03:50:44 AM »
 Andy Murray: Tennis must invest following Lance Armstrong scandal Andy Murray wants tennis to learn from the Lance Armstrong doping scandal and introduce tighter controls.
The British number one believes that prize funds should be reduced if it is the only way to fund more regular blood testing and protect the sport's image.
"It's down to our governing bodies and the ATP to invest some of our own money and make sure we get more testing done," he said.
"If it means taking some of the money out of the players' earnings then that's what we have to do."
Spanish doctor Eufemiano Fuentes is currently on trial in Madrid after admitting providing athletes with banned substances in sport's latest drug inquiry.

The World Anti-Doping Agency was initially told that tennis players were amongst the sportspeople supplied by Fuentes when his operation was uncovered by Spanish police in 2006.
However Fuentes is only being tried over doping in one sport as cyclists were the only athletes that could be identified from the bags of blood seized.
"I think it's essential that the names and whoever was involved with it, it's essential for tennis that that comes out," said Murray.

"If one in 100 is doping then, in my eyes, that isn't a clean sport and we need to to everything we can to ensure we have everyone that's competing at the highest level and below is clean.
"I know what goes in my body and I know from my side that I'm clean, so that's all I can comment on."
Armstrong recently admitted cheating en route to winning all seven of his Tour de France titles, and US Open champion Murray believes that the damage done to cycling has focused minds across sport.
"I don't want that happening for my sport because it would be terrible," he said.
"Every single week right now there's something different and it's bad for sport."
Murray argues that more blood tests, combined with biological passports that monitor for the effects of doping, is the best tactic to ensure a clean sport and may not be as costly as first appears.
"The only way you can improve your testing procedures is by having more of them and you need money to do that - it's a cost thing," he added.
"But in the long term I think you save money because I think more people would come to watch sports, rather than reading all the time about these doping scandals."
The International Tennis Federation carried out a total of 131 blood tests in and out competition in 2011 - the most recent year for which figures are available - alongside 2,019 urine tests.
However world number one Novak Djokovic recently complained the number of blood tests he has undergone fell in the last year.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2013, 05:12:34 AM »
That's a good read Sid.
Kudo's to Andy for taking the hard line.
There is no room for doping in any professional sport.
How sad that some feel the need to destroy their body in pursuit of glory & gold.
CONK da ball!!!