Author Topic: Clay & Nadal  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Clay & Nadal
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2013, 01:19:22 PM »
no worries general alex. i made general brick top a nole sig. he likes it.

i will make you one in a little while and post it at the photography thread. i will make you 2 versions. just copy and save and then put it in your sig. that photography thread is right next door to the castle thread.

we wll should have colorful sigs. it enhances the forum and makes it more fun.
Thanks Herc. you are a great bud  :drinks:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2013, 01:23:43 PM »
i just posted 2 sigs there for you general alex. :))

go pick one. i like the 2nd one the most since it looks more colorful but you may like the first one.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »
Nadal played today. It took him a while top shake off the rust apparently, falling behind 0-2, but finished 6-3 6-2. I didn't get to watch it due to classes, but the score card sounds good. Did anyone who watched it have any comments on his play? I'd like to know if the other guy was just that bad or if Nadal was playing well, or if he's changed the way he plays at all to baby his knees or anything like that.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 09:09:52 PM »
Nadal played today. It took him a while top shake off the rust apparently, falling behind 0-2, but finished 6-3 6-2. I didn't get to watch it due to classes, but the score card sounds good. Did anyone who watched it have any comments on his play? I'd like to know if the other guy was just that bad or if Nadal was playing well, or if he's changed the way he plays at all to baby his knees or anything like that.

You can't tell anything other than he needs much practice........the concern is the knee so only more matches at full flight will tell the whole story.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 09:34:50 PM »
he just has to take it one step at a time. right now he needs 25-26 clay court match wins before showing up for the final at RG.

so he will get 6 matches at RG. the rest have to come from other events.

and he has to win barcelona and rome.

that should do it. there can be no stopping him at a RG final.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 09:37:05 PM »
where the hell have you been general huntingyou?

you better get your ass over to the castle more often. :))

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »
he just has to take it one step at a time. right now he needs 25-26 clay court match wins before showing up for the final at RG.

so he will get 6 matches at RG. the rest have to come from other events.

and he has to win barcelona and rome.

that should do it. there can be no stopping him at a RG final.

I don't think a RG final is a sure bet this year. He might have to play Novak before the final.

If he wins MC, then all is good as far as an assault at RG. I would like him to skip Barcelona so can avoid complications.......there is no point in this stage of his career playing 4 big tournaments on clay just before RG.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2013, 09:41:30 PM »
where the hell have you been general huntingyou?

you better get your ass over to the castle more often. :))

I been doing a lot of stuff lately so it's hard to stay engage in forums. The best part of the year is upon us.  :)>>>>

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »
vamosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss general. :))

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 02:37:46 AM »
I doubt he'd skip a clay tournament, though. Especially before RG. Clay isn't as bad on his knees AND it's extra practice to make sure he can continue dominating at RG. Hopefully I'll be able to watch him Friday and see how he's doing. Luckily, he's got this tournament against nobodies to start shaking off the rust. His only interesting possible opponent in Monaco was upset. He doesn't face any MAJOR competition until Acapulco, and even then, it's Ferrer and no one else of note. Almagro doesn't really have the kind of game to face even a sub-par Nadal on clay courts.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »
What's everyone think about his form?

The Lion's back! Rafael Nadal vs Federico Del Bonis 6-3, 6-2 All Highlights | VTR Open Chile
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 08:11:04 PM »
What's everyone think about his form?

The Lion's back! Rafael Nadal vs Federico Del Bonis 6-3, 6-2 All Highlights | VTR Open Chile

Movement is extremely suspect which is expected. You can tell he is playing with a little bit of fear of putting too much pressure on that knee so soon.

timing on the forehand was good for being out almost 8 months. The backhand and return of serve were atrocious but this is expected too. At this moment, is not important to judge his tennis but the overall status of his body and how moves around the court.

Maybe by the time he hits Acapulco we can dig in deeper and provide a better assessment of where he is at and how far along is he in the road to regain top 4 status. 

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »
he has not been working hard enough. that is the first thing i noticed but i already knew that anyway.

he also looks soft. that means he has let his fitness drop.