Author Topic: Andy Murray ready to dedicate himself to assault on French Open title  (Read 4147 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: Andy Murray ready to dedicate himself to assault on French Open title
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 12:49:32 PM »
LOL yeah whatever, Muzzman.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »
Well, he has to believe that he can win it, right? No point going about Majors if the believe isn't there. I donít think any great player ever went out there believing the match is already lost.

Having said that, I donít want him to give too much effort at RG given that Wimbledon will be just around the corner.

You are everything I am not.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »
It's good that he is ambitious but it's not very realistic. there are many players who are better than him on clay and I'm not talking about Nadal, Nole and Fed. He'll be vulnerable even in early rounds at RG. He needs to win some smaller clay  tournaments first ... maybe play Estoril or Barcelona. His chances at Wimbledon should be much higher but good luck to him with the clay season.

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »
best he  can hope for is SF

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 04:37:41 PM »
Assault is not a word that describes Annie. He'll be stopped in the quarters.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 05:25:23 PM »

But he has already made the semi in 2011. Why should he stop there? Isn't it only ideal to go one step further?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 05:47:17 PM »

But he has already made the semi in 2011. Why should he stop there? Isn't it only ideal to go one step further?
Emma, it's not that he should stop, it's like there are other players who are stronger on clay. I hope he can go further but he'll be probably stopped. don't be silly  :)~. I simply don't buy Murray and clay, not yet. just being realistic here. you are too over protective of Murray tho  :)

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 06:05:27 PM »

Emma, it's not that he should stop, it's like there are other players who are stronger on clay. I hope he can go further but he'll be probably stopped. don't be silly  :)~. I simply don't buy Murray and clay, not yet. just being realistic here. you are too over protective of Murray tho  :)
Listen to the man Emma  :)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 06:14:03 PM »
Murray has not even won a clay tourney.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »

I am over protective? You should talk. Take a good look at your avatar and your signature. You are screaming for some Nole attention all over the place. I mean you've surrounded yourself with Nole's pictures.  :rofl_2:

Also, how is it over protective when Andy is a great tennis player who believes in himself? Leave it to him and see what he can do or can't do. Hey, there was a time not so long ago when no one believe Andy would win a Slam. And I wasn't one of them.

Btw, Nole has yet to win RG. Got ousted by Federer and Nadal in succession. You should really talk.  :rofl_2:

Oh good times.  :ice cream:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 06:19:27 PM »
Murray has not even won a clay tourney.

That's because Andy has yet to play a small clay tournament.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »

Listen to the man Emma  :)

Man who? Alex? ... even Alex doesn't believe that.  :rofl_2:

Offline nick the greek

• Tennis Player
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 06:23:47 PM »

I am over protective? You should talk. Take a good look at your avatar and your signature. You are screaming for some Nole attention all over the place. I mean you've surrounded yourself with Nole's pictures.  :rofl_2:

Also, how is it over protective when Andy is a great tennis player who believes in himself? Leave it to him and see what he can do or can't do. Hey, there was a time not so long ago when no one believe Andy would win a Slam. And I wasn't one of them.

Btw, Nole has yet to win RG. Got ousted by Federer and Nadal in succession. You should really talk.  :rofl_2:

You are right.Andy is such a massive favourite for RG title.
TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY.
NO1E, HE CAN DO IT 3 TIMES IN A ROW
NOVAK "WIZARD OF OZ" DJOKOVIC

Quote from: Prodigy.
nick is god

THE AGE OF DJOKER THE BARBARIAN HAS COME

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 06:26:30 PM »

He's not a massive favourite. He said he has a chance. I echo his sentiment. But you have to watch tennis another 10 years to understand simple stuff.

Offline nick the greek

• Tennis Player
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 06:30:55 PM »

He's not a massive favourite. He said he has a chance. I echo his sentiment. But you have to watch tennis another 10 years to understand simple stuff.
Why are you so angry and aggressive all the time?I have my theory, but still would like an answer.
Andy is such a massive favourite to win RG.If there's gonna be windy, than it's a done deal, he's a lock.
TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY.
NO1E, HE CAN DO IT 3 TIMES IN A ROW
NOVAK "WIZARD OF OZ" DJOKOVIC

Quote from: Prodigy.
nick is god

THE AGE OF DJOKER THE BARBARIAN HAS COME

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 06:33:51 PM »

Why are you so angry and aggressive all the time?I have my theory, but still would like an answer.
Andy is such a massive favourite to win RG.If there's gonna be windy, than it's a done deal, he's a lock.
LOL

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 06:39:17 PM »
nick the greek, I am not angry but I can be aggressive, yes. It's very hard to tell who has real interest in tennis and in a more decent tennis discussion these days. Just look at the responses on the thread so far. It's been negative and sarcastic not that I am taking any of this personally, but it doesn't leave for a discussion. So my responses are likewise. What Andy said is a very realistic thing to say...that he has a chance. He has to believe in it first to have a chance. I get tired of stupid and biased responses.

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 06:43:33 PM »
I think you are the one who is biased here.  The guys movement on clay is below par, he cant slide to save his soul and high ball bounce of the  clay is not doing any  good to him. Objectively he has no chance against any in from top 5 player on clay.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 06:47:20 PM »

you are simply not listening. I'm a Nole fan but I also criticize him and I never worship him.  I was his fan when he was a nobody btw. Novak won 3 masters on clay, numerous smaller clay tournaments. He won his first tennis tournaments on clay when he was only 19yo. Nole def. Rafa on clay 2 times, in masters.

Djokovic is much more  likely to win RG than Murray. Murray was never even in the final of any clay tournament (not even a small MM tournament). Use some logic woman. I'm very objective here. Ferrer, Berdych, DP, Almagro are better players on clay than Mandy. think woman before you open your big mouth  :)>>>>
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:50:08 PM by Alex »