Author Topic: Andy Murray ready to dedicate himself to assault on French Open title  (Read 4205 times)

Online Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Andy Murray ready to dedicate himself to assault on French Open title
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:32 PM »
your problem is you do NOT understand what sarcasm is. I like to j/k. but when we talk about tennis I'm serious. you take all of this so personally like a typical woman. do you really think I want you to be sexy? are you really that naive? you talk about stupidity. well, sorry ... again, tone down your ego

'oh, don't talk to me, oh, uh, ooooh' let's be more melodramatic ... 'I'm a confident woman but ...'  give me a break Emma. I don't care if you make one more post on this board or not. tonight you are just being a complete retard.. read your posts and think about it. I was always joking with you because you are so narcissistic. If you post something here and I feel like making a comment I'll do it. If it hurts so much, then it's too bad, too sad. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:58:12 PM by Alex »

Offline nick the greek

• Tennis Player
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 10:05:32 PM »
nick the greek, I am not angry but I can be aggressive, yes. It's very hard to tell who has real interest in tennis and in a more decent tennis discussion these days. Just look at the responses on the thread so far. It's been negative and sarcastic not that I am taking any of this personally, but it doesn't leave for a discussion. So my responses are likewise. What Andy said is a very realistic thing to say...that he has a chance. He has to believe in it first to have a chance. I get tired of stupid and biased responses.
Well, If you're gonna be aggressive every time you hear something bad being said against your fave than you'll be very busy.
Winning any GS is hard and is reserved for real champions.You claim to know tennis.Okay, fair enough.But, how about being realistic?Andy is yet to win a title(any title) on clay, not to mention RG.He can say whatever he wants.Reality is, No1e, Rafa and even Fed have more chances to win RG than Andy.

I am not aggressive every time someone says something bad about Andy (hey, I'd be on MTF by now if that were the case). I am aggressive when I see a wrong is being done/said; I am aggressive when I see it fit.

Andy is being very realistic when he says he has a chance. He never said he has more chance than those (Nadal, Nole, Federer etc). That's you putting your own words into his mouth. Your fanaticism has gone so far up that if Andy even says that he has a chance at RG, you get offended. If you were a true fan or at least if you knew anything about probabilities, then you would have said, yes, he too has a chance.  But you are not there yet. Most fans these days aren't.

As to reality, neither you nor I know for sure what's in the future so I won't be so sure about everything. In this regard, I am being far more realistic than you.
You amuse me.You really do.Fanaticism?Well, you really have problems, labeling people like that.I can tell you one thing, I am NOT Alex.So, if you wanna "dance" with me I'll "spin" you so hard you'll be feeling dizzy for weeks.

Sure, in theory everybody has a chance.Trouble is, reality is much more cruel.Andy took a set of No1e in Rome 2011 and lost in str8ts but close to Rafa in 2011 RG SF?That might be the case, but he almost lost to Troicki(of all people) in 2011 RG QF.It's not about shoulda woulda coulda, it's what you've achieved.Andy achieved nothing on clay.End of story.

I have no reason to dance with you. It would be your privilege if you thought that. I am not labelling you. You labelled yourself. You are having problems getting past the notion that Andy might stand a chance at RG. Two years ago you wouldn't have said that because you would be in the same boat as I am right now. But Nole's success has made you far more arrogant than I will ever be.

Yes, Andy has yet to achieve anything on clay but that doesn't mean he won't. Past is not a sure indication of the future. If that were the case then no one would have achieved anything ever anywhere. Reality is cruel but only if you allow it. You are always in charge of your own reality and you create it too, but I won't teach you so much tonight. I'd rather you learn the hard way.
Obviously, concept of using quotation marks  to indicate irony/sarcasm, is foreign to you.I'm not surprised.
You teaching me? :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY.
NO1E, HE CAN DO IT 3 TIMES IN A ROW
NOVAK "WIZARD OF OZ" DJOKOVIC

Quote from: Prodigy.
nick is god

THE AGE OF DJOKER THE BARBARIAN HAS COME

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 10:25:24 PM »
but Nick 'it would be your privilege to dance with Emma' ... don't you understand?  :rofl_2:. you don't know what you are missing  :innocent:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 04:15:13 AM »
Word is that Andy Murray not playing till Indian Wells & Miami,he's back working getting ready in Miami ATM.Also he won't be playing Davis Cup as he wants all the time for Clay,my guess this has come from Ivan Lendl.Looks like thay are not playing any of the Smaller events either.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 05:09:09 AM »
Well, I don't know about Murray having a shot at RG.. Personally, I think Nadal, Nole and Fed have a lot more chances on winning RG than Murray does... Does Murray has a shot? Of course he does, nobody knows what's in store for the next 5 months. Nole can get injured, Rafa will not be 100% at RG and Fed can get an early exit giving Murray an open field... That could happen. But realistically, if Nole Nadal and Fed are up there and in the SF, I am pretty sure Murray doesn't stand a chance... Although he might get to the Finals and that can actually be realistic, if Nole and Nadal end up in the same part of the draw and Fed ends up with Murray, then he might even go on to the finals, just to play against Nole or Rafa, and in that case, Murray doesn't stand a chance.

But I do agree that Murray has to believe in his chances!!! And I think Ivan is helping him a lot in that department.

Now, the interesting part in this thread is the fight between Alex and Emma.. :))

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 05:15:57 AM »
Murray making a run at RG is not so far-fetched in my book.
What with his new found confidence/attitude and strategic improvements, I fully expect him to go deep and be a contender.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2013, 05:30:26 AM »
If Andy Murray were to win RG this year, I believe he would be the first man since Mats Wilander to win RG in the same season he won his first clay tournament. The difference? Wilander was 17. Also, noone stuck on 0 clay titles at 25 managed to reach the RG final later in their careers. So he's pretty much got history against him.

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2013, 07:48:44 AM »
Murray making a run at RG is not so far-fetched in my book.
What with his new found confidence/attitude and strategic improvements, I fully expect him to go deep and be a contender.
Agree that, Monstertruck.   And I like Murray's statement of intent.  He who dares, wins.  And if he doesn't, but gives it his best shot, so what?
The great Ivan Lendl is just what the doctor ordered. And Murray, very wise to both take IL on & to be guided by him. This collaboration has & will work magic.   
Carpe Diem

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »
If Andy Murray were to win RG this year, I believe he would be the first man since Mats Wilander to win RG in the same season he won his first clay tournament. The difference? Wilander was 17. Also, noone stuck on 0 clay titles at 25 managed to reach the RG final later in their careers. So he's pretty much got history against him.

The fact that Murray's contemporaries include Federer, Djokovic and, most importantly, Nadal would explain why Muzza has failed to clinch a title on clay.
Additionally, Andy being an all-court player, eschews the South American clay court season for the hard courts of North America, thereby foregoing the chance to win clay court events.
With Roger nearing the sunset of his career and Rafael on the comeback trail, Andy need only worry about Novak, who himself, has yet to win RG! If it came down to these two men for the trophy, I would be hard-pressed to deny Andy a fighting chance of winning the final.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »

The fact that Murray's contemporaries include Federer, Djokovic and, most importantly, Nadal would explain why Muzza has failed to clinch a title on clay.
 Additionally, Andy being an all-court player, eschews the South American clay court season for the hard courts of North America, thereby foregoing the chance to win clay court events.
With Roger nearing the sunset of his career and Rafael on the comeback trail, Andy need only worry about Novak, who himself, has yet to win RG! If it came down to these two men for the trophy, I would be hard-pressed to deny Andy a fighting chance of winning the final.

Well, last season he went 0-0 against all three on clay. The reason he didn't win anything was losses to Ferrer, Gasquet, Raonic and Berdych. If he wants to capitalize on declining Fedal he'll have to beat these players first.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2013, 09:29:45 AM »
Be it as it may... Sid just wrote an amazing post on how he thinks Djokovic and murray are moving away from the pack... and he does say how these two guys are playing similar style of play, being counter-punchers, covering the court and whatnot.. and I do agree with him on that, but the only difference is that Djokovic has mastered that type of play and is above Murray, SPECIALLY in slower courts. i.e. AO Final. So, if Murray was to win RG he has to get past Djokovic and I just don't see that hapenning for two reasons.
1. Djokovic is also aiming RG, specially since he know Nadal is not going to be in top form, so he know this year is his chance.. And he is going to be hungry for the title.
2. Djokovic is better at their style of play and coming clay season, Djokovic will only get better, so if they were to meet, I see Djokovic giving Murray a lesson on counter-punching on clay.

So, Murray does have a shot but not a very good one specially if Djokovic is at the other side of the net.

If he would have said Wimbledon, then that's a different story, he definitely has a shot at Wimbledon, and I expect Murray to do good at Wimbledon and quite possibly get the title, but RG, a whole different story.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2013, 11:09:12 AM »
nick the greek, I am not angry but I can be aggressive, yes. It's very hard to tell who has real interest in tennis and in a more decent tennis discussion these days. Just look at the responses on the thread so far. It's been negative and sarcastic not that I am taking any of this personally, but it doesn't leave for a discussion. So my responses are likewise. What Andy said is a very realistic thing to say...that he has a chance. He has to believe in it first to have a chance. I get tired of stupid and biased responses.
Well, If you're gonna be aggressive every time you hear something bad being said against your fave than you'll be very busy.
Winning any GS is hard and is reserved for real champions.You claim to know tennis.Okay, fair enough.But, how about being realistic?Andy is yet to win a title(any title) on clay, not to mention RG.He can say whatever he wants.Reality is, No1e, Rafa and even Fed have more chances to win RG than Andy.

I am not aggressive every time someone says something bad about Andy (hey, I'd be on MTF by now if that were the case). I am aggressive when I see a wrong is being done/said; I am aggressive when I see it fit.

Andy is being very realistic when he says he has a chance. He never said he has more chance than those (Nadal, Nole, Federer etc). That's you putting your own words into his mouth. Your fanaticism has gone so far up that if Andy even says that he has a chance at RG, you get offended. If you were a true fan or at least if you knew anything about probabilities, then you would have said, yes, he too has a chance.  But you are not there yet. Most fans these days aren't.

As to reality, neither you nor I know for sure what's in the future so I won't be so sure about everything. In this regard, I am being far more realistic than you.
You amuse me.You really do.Fanaticism?Well, you really have problems, labeling people like that.I can tell you one thing, I am NOT Alex.So, if you wanna "dance" with me I'll "spin" you so hard you'll be feeling dizzy for weeks.

Sure, in theory everybody has a chance.Trouble is, reality is much more cruel.Andy took a set of No1e in Rome 2011 and lost in str8ts but close to Rafa in 2011 RG SF?That might be the case, but he almost lost to Troicki(of all people) in 2011 RG QF.It's not about shoulda woulda coulda, it's what you've achieved.Andy achieved nothing on clay.End of story.

I have no reason to dance with you. It would be your privilege if you thought that. I am not labelling you. You labelled yourself. You are having problems getting past the notion that Andy might stand a chance at RG. Two years ago you wouldn't have said that because you would be in the same boat as I am right now. But Nole's success has made you far more arrogant than I will ever be.

Yes, Andy has yet to achieve anything on clay but that doesn't mean he won't. Past is not a sure indication of the future. If that were the case then no one would have achieved anything ever anywhere. Reality is cruel but only if you allow it. You are always in charge of your own reality and you create it too, but I won't teach you so much tonight. I'd rather you learn the hard way.
Obviously, concept of using quotation marks  to indicate irony/sarcasm, is foreign to you.I'm not surprised.
You teaching me? :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

But you see, the irony is lost on you because you didn't even get that I was giving it back to you - only being a bit more subtle. That's why I said it would be a 'privilege' for you to 'dance' with me. I used the word "privilege" on purpose. Not that I thought you'd get it, really.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »

Andy has always played against history. Nothing new for him. Things are only impossible when you think they are. He has still 5 to 7 years left him. I do see him winning a few clay titles. He doesn't have as good a chance to win RG as the other three, but the truth of the matter is, even Federer had to rely on the off chance to win RG. Nole has yet to win it despite winning a few titles on clay. Andy happens to like clay so he'll give it a good effort when he feels right. Chances will open up for him. As they say, luck doesn't happen. You create them. Luck happens when you see an opportunity and then you go and seize it. The word ‘luck’ is a poor man’s version of the ways he/she sees things. Anyway, Andy is a very smart guy after all and he believes in himself more and more these days. With the right frame of mind, nothing is impossible.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:18:46 AM by Emma »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »
give him another lecture emma. :))

and then join me and alex at the castle sports bar for a few drinks later on tonight. :)) :))

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2013, 11:29:43 AM »
Be it as it may... Sid just wrote an amazing post on how he thinks Djokovic and murray are moving away from the pack... and he does say how these two guys are playing similar style of play, being counter-punchers, covering the court and whatnot.. and I do agree with him on that, but the only difference is that Djokovic has mastered that type of play and is above Murray, SPECIALLY in slower courts. i.e. AO Final. So, if Murray was to win RG he has to get past Djokovic and I just don't see that hapenning for two reasons.
1. Djokovic is also aiming RG, specially since he know Nadal is not going to be in top form, so he know this year is his chance.. And he is going to be hungry for the title.
2. Djokovic is better at their style of play and coming clay season, Djokovic will only get better, so if they were to meet, I see Djokovic giving Murray a lesson on counter-punching on clay.

So, Murray does have a shot but not a very good one specially if Djokovic is at the other side of the net.

If he would have said Wimbledon, then that's a different story, he definitely has a shot at Wimbledon, and I expect Murray to do good at Wimbledon and quite possibly get the title, but RG, a whole different story.

Siddy didn't write it. He just forgot to add the link. He sometimes forgets that. I guess the link is not as important to him as the content of the article.

I agree with your assessment re: Djokovic. He desperately wants RG but if he runs into Murray, he'll be in trouble. Andy will be very keen on getting a win over Djoko on clay since the pressure won’t be as much. He’ll see it as one step closer to RG.

I strongly believe Murray will have a different approach against Djoko going forward. He’ll, first of all, try his best to get a lot of free points off serve. Second, he’ll be more attacking than Nole as he’s getting more and more comfortable in that territory. And he’s just as good in the returning department. So Andy will have a different strategy. The key will be, for Murray especially, to stay healthy and keep his earlier matches as short as possible, so that he can take a clear shot at Nole. And this basically will apply everywhere.   He’ll have the same strategy against Nadal. Andy is no Federer so he’s not going to go after each point. He’ll be selective but at the same time he will try his best to keep the pressure on.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2013, 11:31:09 AM »
give him another lecture emma. :))

and then join me and alex at the castle sports bar for a few drinks later on tonight. :)) :))

Hi herc. I'll join you but not your other half.  :rofl_2:

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2013, 11:40:40 AM »

Andy has always played against history. Nothing new for him. Things are only impossible when you think they are. He has still 5 to 7 years left him. I do see him winning a few clay titles. He doesn't have as good a chance to win RG as the other three, but the truth of the matter is, even Federer had to rely on the off chance to win RG. Nole has yet to win it despite winning a few titles on clay. Andy happens to like clay so he'll give it a good effort when he feels right. Chances will open up for him. As they say, luck doesn't happen. You create them. Luck happens when you see an opportunity and then you go and seize it. The word ‘luck’ is a poor man’s version of the ways he/she sees things. Anyway, Andy is a very smart guy after all and he believes in himself more and more these days. With the right frame of mind, nothing is impossible.

Always played against history? In what way? National slam drought is the only thing that comes to mind. So far Murray has not done anything that hasn't been done before. An RG title would change that. Given his clay career so far, I simply can't see him win there. The other slams, however, should be possible.

And I never said anything about "Luck".

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:58 AM »
I don't know if Andy will win RG,but one thing i do know now is,that Andy can open up a tennis court much better than in the past.I can see what Ivan Lendl use to do in Andy's game lately.I don't say Andy will be fav to win RG,but i think he be better than before on Clay.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2013, 12:02:50 PM »
'Andy has always played against history', uh, oh, somebody loves bad chick flick movies and loves melodrama too. ... it doesn't make any sense and it's  :insane: :insane: :insane: ....Emma is becoming a major troll :gleam:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:07:04 PM by Alex »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »
Alex you Emma's name wrong on insane it should have said Alex :whistle: