Author Topic: Djokovic and Murray move away from the pack  (Read 1931 times)

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: Re: Djokovic and Murray move away from the pack
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »

Why??? WTF is in fact worth in points even more than the Olympics... You have to beat the best of the best there to take the title... Since when WTF a minor tournament??? You are starting to sound a lot like Shankar... :)

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2

The problem with this whole argument is the underlying agenda as always. For example, if either Djokovic or Federer had won the Olympics, then you would have taken this into account as well – as either as big a tournament as WTF or perhaps bigger.

So as I see it, Olympics had the same bunch of players who faced off each other in the end with far more risks. If Federer avoided playing Berdych at the Olympics then so he did at the WTF as well. Yes, it’s the best of the best format but we can see one too many holes there as well because of the RR format. It not only saves your life, it gives you a 2nd chance in life unlike any other tournament.

Another point to make is that, players were far more healthy at the Olympics than at the WTF. The quality at WTF was lacking. Let’s not forget 2011 WTF where most of the players were completely exhausted and dropped like flies at the very start of the tournament. So on the superficial level, it seems heavy when you say it’s best of the best and in terms of points as well, but in reality, the tournament lacks depth because of the loopholes and quality because of the players already being out of gas.  But more importantly, the field at the Olympics is just as strong and the format is far more dangerous.

Even the Commentators (both ESPN team and the Brit comms) when they were talking about the recent past results at the AO, they mentioned the Olympics as the ‘big’ one along with the GS results. Never once they mentioned WTF. But of course, if either Federer or Djokovic had won the Olympics, we wouldn’t be having this discussion in the first place.

Come on Emma, please don't start with this lame excuses about players being dead tired for WTF and droping like flies... I thought you were better than that.... I am definitely not going to go into a discussion about excuses as to why this and why that... I am determined not to go into that one.... Because everyone has excuses as to why one lost or why one won... To each his own.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: Djokovic and Murray move away from the pack
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2013, 12:55:41 AM »
It doesn't matter with the excuses.
What matters is what's in the record books.

We will see how Murray and Djokovic do this year, Fed is still #2 by a good margin.

Nadal is back and hoping to see him perform well.
For the first time in his career he has rested his body and hopefully his competitive fire will shine.

It's been reported that his knees are fine but still bothering him some, if it's only that then he knows how to deal with it.

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2013, 08:30:24 AM »
I think Djokovic vs Murray is the new big rivalry on the tennis. Murray will be the number two before Roland Garros.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »
I think Djokovic vs Murray is the new big rivalry on the tennis. Murray will be the number two before Roland Garros.
not so sure. Murray would need to do exceptionally well in Miami and IW. On top of that, he would need do well in clay tournaments prior to RG. we'll see.

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »
not so sure. Murray would need to do exceptionally well in Miami and IW. On top of that, he would need do well in clay tournaments prior to RG. we'll see.
Yes, Murray is improving and he is playing very well, but but he needs a greater regularity and do well in clay tournaments, because he hasn't any title on clay.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »
Murray will take the no2 this year i'm sure,he has to step it up now.Miami and IW he is working out now with Ivan Lendl.As far as i know he's not playing till these 2 Masters.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »
Yes, Murray is improving and he is playing very well, but but he needs a greater regularity and do well in clay tournaments, because he hasn't any title on clay.
what is 'a greater regularity'  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:? sorry I didn't want to be a jerk  :innocent:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 06:13:40 PM »
Murray will take the no2 this year i'm sure,he has to step it up now.Miami and IW he is working out now with Ivan Lendl.As far as i know he's not playing till these 2 Masters.
he might (I hope so btw, Roger doesn't really give a sh!t about rankings nowadays), but if I hear you one more time accusing Nole of doping, I'm coming to England and I'll break both of your legs  :death: :Boxing: :rasta:
cheers mate (you know I love ya  :ice cream:)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:28:53 PM by Alex »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2013, 06:25:24 PM »
Let's see Murray win another 2-3 slams before saying he's part of the "lead pack". There is only 1 Alpha Wolf right now - Novak.
Then we will fight in the shade.