Author Topic: January Tennis  (Read 638 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: January Tennis
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 05:33:54 AM »
Boy am I glad I didn't roll out of bed early for that one. :(

Many folks have been in panic mode (thanks in part to the media hype) for 3 days now.
2-3" on the ground being pushed around by some blustery winds at the moment.  Looks like it's going to swing back in on us similar to an actual "Nor'Easter".  Hopefully we'll get plenty more!  Being so 'well-insulated' I just love winter and the associated outdoor activities!

Safe journey E Man. ://
CONK da ball!!!

Online euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 05:56:12 AM »
Boy am I glad I didn't roll out of bed early for that one. :(

Many folks have been in panic mode (thanks in part to the media hype) for 3 days now.
2-3" on the ground being pushed around by some blustery winds at the moment.  Looks like it's going to swing back in on us similar to an actual "Nor'Easter".  Hopefully we'll get plenty more!  Being so 'well-insulated' I just love winter and the associated outdoor activities!

Safe journey E Man. ://

Glad it wasn't as bad as anticipated. I had visions of the 2 feet or so falls that happen sometimes in places like Flagstaff AZ.  But I think you'd like that!  :))

Unless you wanted to see Murray playing an exemplary game, it wasn't worth getting up for. He has improved hugely in the last couple of years and gave a real master class to Kyrgios.

I'll take off at 10 this morning and see how far I get. But I'm expecting a very crowded train and a messy New York City. If the subway is running, I can get right to the hotel where there will doubtless be TV for any tennis. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:59:31 AM by euroka1 »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 06:53:11 AM »
2' of January snow would be welcome as there's been just a smattering so far this year. :mad1:

Looks like you're all set down in NYC.  :phew:
Coastal areas from Boston to Maine will get the worst best of it. :))

Am looking forward to a doubleheader of snowshoeing today. :king:
CONK da ball!!!

Online euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: Today at 12:27:01 PM »
Back home.  :))
NYC only had 6 inches but they closed the city down on Monday night. By the time I got there Tuesday pm it was going again. Very few people on the train both ways so I got it wrong too. :( :)

Watched most of Djokovic- Raonic game from the hotel room TV. Although the Raonic ground game has improved a lot, he still cannot afford to let Nole get into a point and he has to hold serve. A single flubbed overhead can lose him a break and thence the set.