Instructional Tennis > Tennis Rules & Regulations

Distracting Objects

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tennis4you:

--- Quote from: Jamesdster on February 05, 2013, 09:42:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: Tennis4you on February 05, 2013, 05:31:21 AM ---So if your opponent hits a serve, it hits the net and roll back onto his side 8 feet from the net and that bothers you and your opponent want to hit their second serve, you kindly ask them to pick up the ball and then they get a 1st serve?

--- End quote ---

NOOOOOOO.  2nd serve.

--- End quote ---

That's what I am asking Monster, I don't think that was his intent, but just what I read of it.  That dude gets himself a fatty second serve!

Jamesdster:

--- Quote from: Tennis4you on February 05, 2013, 10:04:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jamesdster on February 05, 2013, 09:42:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: Tennis4you on February 05, 2013, 05:31:21 AM ---So if your opponent hits a serve, it hits the net and roll back onto his side 8 feet from the net and that bothers you and your opponent want to hit their second serve, you kindly ask them to pick up the ball and then they get a 1st serve?

--- End quote ---

NOOOOOOO.  2nd serve.

--- End quote ---

That's what I am asking Monster, I don't think that was his intent, but just what I read of it.  That dude gets himself a fatty second serve!

--- End quote ---

Scott.  In our club this is the Tom Wilson / Jim Rosser rule haha.  They ALWAYS try to coax a 2nd serve out of you for minor delays.  The rulebook states something like "the time it takes to clear a ball after the first serve does not warrant another first serve."  Unless of course you are clearly taking too long and it becomes a gamesmanship issue.

Tennis4you:
It was a running joke Saturday that Tom would get a 1st serve.  We had an insane amount of balls roll into our court when Tom was serving. 

Jamesdster:

--- Quote from: Tennis4you on February 05, 2013, 11:56:14 AM ---It was a running joke Saturday that Tom would get a 1st serve.  We had an insane amount of balls roll into our court when Tom was serving.

--- End quote ---

The only time you MUST award a first serve is if the server is interrupted ONCE HIS/HER SERVICE MOTION HAS STARTED

monstertruck:

--- End quote ---
No.
They pick up the ball and hit their 2nd serve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version