Author Topic: Freakyman's Journal  (Read 3448 times)

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Freakyman's Journal
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:33:13 PM »
Just saw this, and had to make one  :)) So here's my assessment of my game:

Forehand: 8- My forehand is my weapon. I have a semi-western grip so I can hit with a lot of spin and a lot of power. The only downside is sometimes it lands a bit to short because it's hard to hit it deep with a semi-western grip.

Backhand: 5- I have a 2-handed backhand, that I really can't do s**t with. No spin, no power, no nothing. The only thing I can say, is that it's consistent. My backhand never really breaks down like my other shots will. Sometimes when I'm playing badly, I'll even run around my forehand to hit a backhand push down the middle a la Pico Monaco  :)~

Serve: 6.5- My serve is so up and down, there's almost no use in evaluating it, but I will regardless. I hit a very flat serve. When it's on, it's my go to shot. The only problem is, it usually isn't on. My 2nd serve is mediocre, as it is really attackable. It's not a huge liability though, since I'm an awesome defender  :))

Volley: (I have to separate them due to their huge differences!)
Forehand: 3- I can't do anything with my forehand volley. It's weak, and it's useless. It's so flimsy that every time I try and hit through a forehand volley, it winds up being a drop volley  :rofl_2:
Backhand: 8.5- I can hit a solid backhand volley, whether it's slice, drop, or drive. It's just awesome. My favorite play is a serve and then a backhand volley put-a-way. It's always a shot I can rely on.

Overhead: 6.5- It's solid, but prone to breaking down. Decent technique, but it really isn't a shot I like to hit too often

Other:

Speed: 10- I'm a fast little dude  :)~ I can be off on one side of the court and get to a ball on the opposite side. I like to play defensive due to my ability to just get every damn ball back!

Slice (backhand): My backhand slice is puzzling. I actually use a 2-handed slice that has tons of sidespin. It really confuses my opponents, as it can bounce in the middle of the court all the way to the other side. It's a classic shot of mine.

Jumping backhand swinging volley: Another one of my favorite shots. Confuses my opponents, and I rely on it when my overhead isn't working.

Mental game: 3- I'm a natural choker. Some examples:
I was at 4-0 with the other kid serving at *15-40. The next thing I know I'm down 4-5 *30-40... Luckily I still won the set (and the match)!

I've had countless times where I've lost sets after holding SPs. But luckily nothing too major, which is why I get a 3.

Other notes: I'm kind of a natural at tennis. I don't take private lessons like most kids do. If I practiced a bit more I think I'd be pretty darn good. Also, I don't play many tournaments because I really don't like them. My parents make me do them though... I really just like playing tennis for fun.

Anyway, I play my first tournament since doubles in September this week. It's a huge tournament with a bunch of top kids, so I'm not expecting much.

Also, high school tryouts are coming up for me this summer. My high school team BLOWS! So even as a freshman I'm almost guaranteed singles.

Thanks!  :))
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: Freakyman's Journal
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:32:49 PM »
Sorry for the bad grammar, I was lazy  :)~

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:03:12 AM »
Good luck in the tourney and the school tryouts!  Always love the journals!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: Re: Freakyman's Journal
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 09:09:19 AM »
Good luck in the tourney and the school tryouts!  Always love the journals!

Thanks Scott!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 12:46:55 PM »
Wow, what a great assessment of your game for such a young player!!! :))
I liked the bit about the 'jumping/swinging 2HBH volley'.  That must be a sight to behold.
Sorry to hear your parents are pushing on the tourney play.  I hope they have your best interests at heart.
Keep having fun & practice as much as you can and are willing to.
Both will yield huge results in the long run and will increase your enjoyment of the game.
Good luck on the HS tennis team!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »
Wow! Lot of detail, you must be a very high level player. Also, your description of your game sounds a lot like mine   :)) I'll do a tennisjournal too, when I have the time.

Good luck in your highschool team, but they may discriminate against freshman  :Confused:

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 04:54:05 PM »
Wow, what a great assessment of your game for such a young player!!! :))
I liked the bit about the 'jumping/swinging 2HBH volley'.  That must be a sight to behold.
Sorry to hear your parents are pushing on the tourney play.  I hope they have your best interests at heart.
Keep having fun & practice as much as you can and are willing to.
Both will yield huge results in the long run and will increase your enjoyment of the game.
Good luck on the HS tennis team!

Thank you :))

It is  :rofl_2: I usually get a few smiles when I hit it  :)~

Maybe playing tournaments are for the best if I want to get better. I don't mind winning tournaments, but I'm a bit of a sore loser  :\

Thanks!  :)

Wow! Lot of detail, you must be a very high level player. Also, your description of your game sounds a lot like mine   :)) I'll do a tennisjournal too, when I have the time.

Good luck in your highschool team, but they may discriminate against freshman  :Confused:

I'm decent, yes.

I don't think they do, as long as I'm better  :king:

Offline Brick Top

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »
I would like to see how would you return my 220km/h serve (if it gets in)  :)~

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 06:15:13 PM »
I would like to see how would you return my 220km/h serve (if it gets in)  :)~

Bring it on. My specialty is playing against power. I'm a bit of a counterpuncher  :)) Give me no pace, and I can't do much  :)~

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 04:52:51 PM »
On my way to my first match :scared:

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 06:51:55 PM »
First match: I won 6-0 6-0.

Sadly, the kid was not that good... I wish I had a better challenge to get a bit less rusty. The kid I play tomorrow, I can beat if I play well, but it really depends how well I manage to play considering my lack of play.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 05:39:37 PM »
2nd match: I lost 5-7 3-6

I played like s**t. Bad volleys, bad footwork, no testicles. On a good day, I could've won... Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 06:50:07 PM »
First match: I won 6-0 6-0.

Sadly, the kid was not that good... I wish I had a better challenge to get a bit less rusty. The kid I play tomorrow, I can beat if I play well, but it really depends how well I manage to play considering my lack of play.

:)>>>> Nice job. What is this? A USTA tournament 14 & under?

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 11:03:31 PM »
:)>>>> Nice job. What is this? A USTA tournament 14 & under?

Indeed.

Offline viruzzz

• Tennis Player
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 07:08:02 PM »
Keep it up, dude, I enjoyed this so much, my friend.
Keep uploading it every time you have news :D

I'm sure your next one will be better  :cool: . Everyone has a bad day, look at Roger (I know you don't like him so much but you can't deny his talent and that yesterday he had a really OFF day, lol)

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: Re: Freakyman's Journal
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
Keep it up, dude, I enjoyed this so much, my friend.
Keep uploading it every time you have news :D

I'm sure your next one will be better  :cool: . Everyone has a bad day, look at Roger (I know you don't like him so much but you can't deny his talent and that yesterday he had a really OFF day, lol)

I'll keep you filled in :)) Thanks Johnny! :D I have a tourney next month I think :)~

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »

I played like s**t. Bad volleys, bad footwork, no testicles. On a good day, I could've won... Oh well, I'll keep trying.

lol, no testicles...  Been there...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »

lol, no testicles...  Been there...

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: Let me tell you, it's one of the worst feelings on court  :)~

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 08:50:19 AM »
I forgot to update this yesterday  :)~

I had a match on (green) clay yesterday in a tournament, and I won 6-0 6-0. Though, I'm never satisfied with how I play. I was hitting like a wimp, hopefully things go better today. I'm scheduled to play a match this afternoon, but it's snowing badly outside so we don't know if we'll make it over to the tournament  :mad1:

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 05:23:05 PM »
6-1 6-4. The first set I was on fire, I started off with 15 straight points, and then finished off the set easily. In the second, the kid started to take FOREVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER between points! So while I was sitting there having to wait for him to pretend he was fiddling with his shoes/racuqet, I started thinking about the Hewitt match going on and how I wish I could be seeing it, and then the fact that he was wearing the same shirt as Verdasco did at the USO when he beat Ferrer, and then I thought about how he got crushed today by Nieminen. Then I snap out of it and realize I'm down a break. Suddenly I realized I was missing an important part of my game: my testicles. From then on out I was a pushing mug, and if it weren't for me yelling "COME ON!" after every point I won and pissing him off, I could've easily lost.

On MP, he hit a shot about a foot out, which I called out. Then he starts b**ching about how it was in and my call was crap, then I just said, "Nope." and gave him a classic b**ch handshake (where you just touch his hand and then walk away).  :)~ :rofl_2: