Author Topic: Freakyman's Journal  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Freakyman's Journal
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 06:48:21 PM »
HA!  Another lack of testicles, but still came through with the win!  Nicely done.  Always interesting to lay down a double bagel on someone!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 07:43:46 PM »
HA!  Another lack of testicles, but still came through with the win!  Nicely done.  Always interesting to lay down a double bagel on someone!

:)~ The majority of my matches lack testicles, so don't be too surprised if you hear the same tomorrow!

Double bagels are common for junior matches  :))
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 10:21:36 AM »
I'm playing my old friend in the QF. We used to hit a s**t load in the summer, but then he moved to a ritzier part of Colorado. I used to always crush him 6-0 6-0, but he's been playing a lot more than me in the winter. I'm not sure what the outcome is going to be, but it will be close I think. He lost to the kid I beat yesterday though, so... :dunno:

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 08:52:41 PM »
Goodluck!  :) You seem to doublebagel people a lot. Do you ever "hold back" out of mercy and go easier a little bit, or is that just not your attitude?

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: Re: Freakyman's Journal
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 10:20:44 PM »
Goodluck!  :) You seem to doublebagel people a lot. Do you ever "hold back" out of mercy and go easier a little bit, or is that just not your attitude?

I hold back a lot. Against lesser opponents I give a Fog-like effort. Just goes to show how bad some kids are (not to be mean).

Update following this post ;)

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 10:40:33 PM »
QF match: I won 6-2 7-5. I was nervous as f**k! This is because I was playing against my friend, and I would've pissed myself if I had lost. He's improved since when I used to destroy him, but he was just a bit too inconsistent. I just pushed the whole match and won. The rest of the day we chilled, so that's why the late update (I would feel weird writing this in front of him).

SF match: I got f**ked over by a complete b**ch (I'm still frustrated, excuse the language). I started off playing great tennis. I got to 2-2 40-30* (BP for me) and I won the point. So I go over to change the scoreboard, and the b**ch says the game isn't over. So I start telling him how that wasn't possible (he thought it was AD IN instead of 40-30*, dafuq???) and he wouldn't budge so I just told him to start calling out the score (he wasn't saying the score before, which is probably why he f**ked it up). So we continue the game that I technically won, and we play an exhausting game. Of course, he won it. That was it. I was mentally f**ked up the rest of the set and didn't win a single game the rest of the set. In the second, my chest started hurting from eating french fries before my match (NOT a good idea). So I couldn't run well, and I still put up a better effort than the first set because I recovered from his bulls**t scoring. I was serving at *4-5 and I had game points, but never converted and lost the match.

The kid was good, but I have my usual excuses  :)) Final score: 2-6 4-6

It only goes up from here, this is my first SF in an Open level tournament (I've won 8 satellite events ;))

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 06:43:02 AM »
Nice to see you recognize your excuses are inexcusable.
The scoring issue in the SF well serve you well as a learning experience.
Say the score before each point.
Don't let outside factors (opponents behaviour) disrupt your game.
Best of luck!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 08:11:45 AM »
Best of luck!

For the record, it was him not saying the score: not me. Any advice on how to not get distracted because of things like that? It's a problem of mine.

Maybe I'll get a video of me playing one day :))

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 01:47:28 PM »
In a few years when the US Open selects you as a qualifying wild card after successfully destroying everyone in highschool and winning numerous USTA events you must post on the forum  :))

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 03:59:41 PM »
In a few years when the US Open selects you as a qualifying wild card after successfully destroying everyone in highschool and winning numerous USTA events you must post on the forum  :))

Maybe if I commit myself more :)~ My parents are considering moving to Cali, and knowing their education system I might spend more time playing.

Offline lurker

• Tennis Player
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 10:06:50 PM »
Best of luck!

For the record, it was him not saying the score: not me. Any advice on how to not get distracted because of things like that? It's a problem of mine.

Maybe I'll get a video of me playing one day :))

If you feel it's an important point, especially, but any time your opponent does not call the score before he serves, always stop him to ask.  Do it until he automatically calls the score every point.  It's like training a dog... :rofl_2: but politely!

Word of warning, if your parents move to Cali, you'll be playing all day long, every day of the week!  The weather is so good here and there are so many great tennis courts, public, private and team.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 10:09:14 PM »
If you feel it's an important point, especially, but any time your opponent does not call the score before he serves, always stop him to ask.  Do it until he automatically calls the score every point.  It's like training a dog... :rofl_2: but politely!

Word of warning, if your parents move to Cali, you'll be playing all day long, every day of the week!  The weather is so good here and there are so many great tennis courts, public, private and team.

Oh no, I freaked the kid out. He started yelling the score before each point  :cool: I just lost all my concentration because I would've had the break advantage and could've taken the set. I just need tips on how to keep your cool when you get jipped.

Of course I would  :)) I guess it wouldn't be so bad  :)~

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 10:15:45 PM »
excellent journal general freaky.

there is a cure for choking. dont ever worry about losing. its all part of the game.

especially go for your shots in the clutch. hit hard and hit like hell in the clutch.

it is what you can do in the clutch that will dtermine if you can win more consistently in the long run.

also find a wall and blast it 10-15 hours a week.  that will lead to consistency so you can perform well all the time.

it will be your opponents that will do the choking when they see your consistency.

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 10:28:40 PM »

there is a cure for choking. dont ever worry about losing. its all part of the game.

especially go for your shots in the clutch. hit hard and hit like hell in the clutch.

it is what you can do in the clutch that will dtermine if you can win more consistently in the long run.

also find a wall and blast it 10-15 hours a week.  that will lead to consistency so you can perform well all the time.

it will be your opponents that will do the choking when they see your consistency.

Thanks General. I'm blessed to have tennis courts literally a minute away from where I live, so a wall is not necessary. I'm also un-blessed (for lack of a better term) to live in a snowy place, so I can't play much year-round.

Maybe that's it. I think too much about losing.

I'll use that for the future. The match is never over until the ball bounces twice on my side on MP  :)) :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 12:48:50 AM »
never think about winning or losing.

think only about the point that is in front of you. stay in that moment only.

just remember: one point at a time. :)) :))

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:47 AM »

Good advice, General!

Fun fact: I have NEVER won a match after losing the first set :scared:

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »

Good advice, General!

Fun fact: I have NEVER won a match after losing the first set :scared:

Never!?? Or since you started counting?  :)) Gotta work harder then  :)>>>> I'm guessing you don't participate in a lot of 3 setters

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 07:54:48 PM »

Thanks General. I'm blessed to have tennis courts literally a minute away from where I live, so a wall is not necessary. I'm also un-blessed (for lack of a better term) to live in a snowy place, so I can't play much year-round.

Maybe that's it. I think too much about losing.

I'll use that for the future. The match is never over until the ball bounces twice on my side on MP  :)) :))
The wall is the ultimate practice partner used by the likes of Borg & Seles.  Seek one out and you won't regret it.  Great for serves too!  Paste up some targets to find out just how inaccurate you are. :whistle:

Tough for a young lad caught up in competition to feel so intense about the outcome of matches.  The sooner you accept yourself for better or worse once you step on court, the easier it will be to swing freely.  Trust me, this is no small feat!  The time for ferocity is in the preparation.  Physical, mental, and technial.  Once you start the match the outcome is beyond your control.  The best advice I ever received regarding performing on any stage is to focus on what you are doing and not how you are doing.  Best of luck.  Love the game.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
Never!?? Or since you started counting?  :)) Gotta work harder then  :)>>>> I'm guessing you don't participate in a lot of 3 setters

Never. I'm trying to recall a match where I did, but I don't think it's ever happened. There's also only one occurrence I can recall where I even won the second set after losing the first, but I still lost the match. A daunting statistic, I know. And no, I don't participate in a lot of 3 setters  ;-()

The wall is the ultimate practice partner used by the likes of Borg & Seles.  Seek one out and you won't regret it.  Great for serves too!  Paste up some targets to find out just how inaccurate you are. :whistle:

Tough for a young lad caught up in competition to feel so intense about the outcome of matches.  The sooner you accept yourself for better or worse once you step on court, the easier it will be to swing freely.  Trust me, this is no small feat!  The time for ferocity is in the preparation.  Physical, mental, and technial.  Once you start the match the outcome is beyond your control.  The best advice I ever received regarding performing on any stage is to focus on what you are doing and not how you are doing.  Best of luck.  Love the game.

I'm not bad at hitting targets with my serves  ;-() I can't honestly think of a wall where I could hit though..  :Confused:

Good advice. Often I think about how I am executing certain shots, when I should just go out there and stick to my gameplan. And maybe I should channel my intense side more, as sometimes I show no emotion at all on court. When I get frustrated at my opponent though, I go Lleyton Hewitt on them  :)>>>>

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 05:07:21 PM »
Just went through this. To me it's quite impressive actually, so keep going, train, get your mind in one place, and you will be adding consistency soon and bigger titles to your name. Of course, keep us updated. :lmao: