Author Topic: There are only BIG 3  (Read 814 times)

Online Alex

• Tennis God
There are only BIG 3
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:59:53 PM »
Djokovic, Federer and Nadal. Murray does not belong there. Big 4 is just an illusion created by desperate British media and desperate Mandy fans.
discuss

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: There are only BIG 3
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »
Agreed, Murray reeks of desperation all around.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:47:41 PM »
100% agree. Until Murray proves he can win a couple more majors, he does not belong. But I'll give him that he's closer to the Nadal/Federer/Djokovic group than he is to the Ferrer/Berdych/Del Potro/Tsonga foursome.

Offline nick the greek

• Tennis Player
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:53:52 PM »
100% agree. Until Murray proves he can win a couple more majors, he does not belong. But I'll give him that he's closer to the Nadal/Federer/Djokovic group than he is to the Ferrer/Berdych/Del Potro/Tsonga foursome.
Pretty much this.
TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY.
NO1E, HE CAN DO IT 3 TIMES IN A ROW
NOVAK "WIZARD OF OZ" DJOKOVIC

Quote from: Prodigy.
nick is god

THE AGE OF DJOKER THE BARBARIAN HAS COME

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 03:30:35 AM »
To be honest I don't agree with this either... I mean, come on, sure, Murray has to win several more majors to be named in the same league as Nadal, Federer and Nole, but that is just tennis history. I truly believe Murray belongs in the Top 4, and not a Top 3 of Nole, Federer and Nadal, Murray has won USO, Olympics and reached the final at Wimbledon and AO.. Sure he belongs in the Top 4 discussion as of NOW, but not before. The real thing now is that even if he has reached finals in the last 3 majors he needs to keep focus on this. I mean, let's look at the numbers again. Emma is eager to say Murray tanked MS and lower tournaments because he was focusing on Grand Slams, well that hasn't been the case for all of the other Top 3, hence probably tell us why everybody else is eager to remove him from the Top 4.

Bottom line, I see Murray winning multiple slams although that hasn't occured yet... But Murray definitely is in the Top 4 discussion.. my 2 cents.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 04:03:34 AM »
To be honest I don't agree with this either... I mean, come on, sure, Murray has to win several more majors to be named in the same league as Nadal, Federer and Nole, but that is just tennis history. I truly believe Murray belongs in the Top 4, and not a Top 3 of Nole, Federer and Nadal, Murray has won USO, Olympics and reached the final at Wimbledon and AO.. Sure he belongs in the Top 4 discussion as of NOW, but not before. The real thing now is that even if he has reached finals in the last 3 majors he needs to keep focus on this. I mean, let's look at the numbers again. Emma is eager to say Murray tanked MS and lower tournaments because he was focusing on Grand Slams, well that hasn't been the case for all of the other Top 3, hence probably tell us why everybody else is eager to remove him from the Top 4.

Bottom line, I see Murray winning multiple slams although that hasn't occured yet... But Murray definitely is in the Top 4 discussion.. my 2 cents.

Yeah, when we talk about draws then there are four players everyone immediately look for (if they are all playing), not three, with exeption only for clay (at least so far). The big question for the AO was if Murray landed in Djokovic' or Federer's half. He's definitely one of the four most interesting players atm, even if his career achievements are not in the same league as the others, but then - by career achievements Djokovic is not yet in Nadal's league either, and Nadal not in Federer's.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 04:32:14 AM »
At this point in time I feel Murray is playing better tennis that Federer, and depending on the clay season, I think we will see Murray overtake the #2 spot soon. 
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 05:14:54 AM »

Yeah, when we talk about draws then there are four players everyone immediately look for (if they are all playing), not three, with exeption only for clay (at least so far). The big question for the AO was if Murray landed in Djokovic' or Federer's half. He's definitely one of the four most interesting players atm, even if his career achievements are not in the same league as the others, but then - by career achievements Djokovic is not yet in Nadal's league either, and Nadal not in Federer's.

Exactly... When we talk about the Top 4 everybody is talking about the difference in the field right now.. You got the big 4 and then the rest of the field. If we talk about the major players in the current times, you do have to talk about Murray, Fed, Nadal and Djokovic. What I mean to say is that, even though results are not in Murray's side at the moment, you always look for the big 4 on the draws. And by that I mean that when you look at potential Semifinals you look at Fed, Nadal, Murray and Djokovic and with that in mind, you can't as of NOW be completely positive who is going to win on those potential SF.. Murray can take on Nadal, Federer and even Djokovic on any given day just as the others can take out the rest on any given day, obviously with the exception that Djokovic is a bit a head of them all. So talking about the Big 3 can be a bit misleading. Murray has to be taken into consideration for finals and ultimately titles, you can't just disregard his latest accomplishments. So there is a big 4 and not a big 3 as stated on this thread.. that's all Im saying.

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »
Well, I elevated him to Big 4 status following the USO. I didn't think it premature at the time, I believed he earned it. My rationale was that I didn't expect him to win anything, now I do. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I may have to revisit this.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
murray continues to make progress sports fans.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
Well, I elevated him to Big 4 status following the USO. I didn't think it premature at the time, I believed he earned it. My rationale was that I didn't expect him to win anything, now I do. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I may have to revisit this.
Ayuh, he's finally got his head together and Lendl's coaching appears to have helped immensely.  The Dude is a great mover and defender.  He also has a variety of shots in his arsenal to choose from.  Knowing when and how to use them comes with time.  It seems as though he is on the ascendancy.  It's nice to have another serious contender vying for slams.  Who knows what limits he and The Joker will push the game to?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »
I hate to say this but I see Murray being one step below Fed, Nole & Rafa. Murray's peak form is below the peak forms of those other three. On the other hand, his routine form is definitely the best of the rest.

I'd really see Muzz on the level of the other Big Four guys not before he dominates the tour for some time. Besides he should become a real RG/clay TMS contender, like those other Big Four guys are.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »
I don't think Murray has fully peaked yet. He definitely has a couple of more gears left in him.
You are everything I am not.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 02:49:40 PM »
I don't think Murray has fully peaked yet. He definitely has a couple of more gears left in him.
that's something I fully agree with you.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 03:33:24 PM »
I hate to say this but I see Murray being one step below Fed, Nole & Rafa. Murray's peak form is below the peak forms of those other three. On the other hand, his routine form is definitely the best of the rest.

I'd really see Muzz on the level of the other Big Four guys not before he dominates the tour for some time. Besides he should become a real RG/clay TMS contender, like those other Big Four guys are.
Fair enough, though I think he has 'turned a corner' so to speak.
Much like Nole 1.0.
It remains to be seen if he can 'dominate the tour' for any length of time as the other 3 have done.
I have my fingers crossed. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 03:33:48 PM »
that's something I fully agree with you.
....and I agree with you.....
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 03:40:11 PM »
If you ignore the number of majors won, Annie is definitely in the Big 4. It is however a fact that cannot be ignored.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
Djokovic, Federer and Nadal. Murray does not belong there. Big 4 is just an illusion created by desperate British media and desperate Mandy fans.
discuss

You wish  :rofl_2:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 04:40:15 PM »
At this point in time I feel Murray is playing better tennis that Federer, and depending on the clay season, I think we will see Murray overtake the #2 spot soon.

I do to Scott,i think Mav has his points about right.Murray has next to nothing to defend ATM,if he gets things right he can make loads of points.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 04:55:54 PM »
Out of the 3 other tennis players in top 4,only Nadal is way in front of Murray h2h.He's ahead of Roger & you could take 2 off Nole's,when Murrays wrist was knackered,but Murray played on,not like some other tennis players.Alex won't want to know that :whistle: