Author Topic: ATP/WTA INDIAN WELLS, 3/4-17/2013  (Read 13263 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: ATP/WTA INDIAN WELLS, 3/4-17/2013
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2013, 07:39:40 PM »
And we have Federer too. Almost forgot.  ..-)

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »
Yup. Post-clay season will be very interesting. With Nadal back in full form, there's no reason to doubt that he'll run away with everything. Djoker would be the only one who could challenge him on clay.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2013, 08:59:10 PM »
My knees hurt after this match   :zipped:. Rafa's injuries are the biggest joke ever. couldn't care less what his camp or him come up with any more. Rafa winning, knees are not so bad, Rafa losing .... oh, my knees hurt, whatever  :insane: ... lost respect for him completely. I'm still a friend with his fans on this board, just to make it clear, but I dispise him at the moment. all of this drama, knees, stupid interviews ... I don't buy it at all.

Now he is not playing Miami because of his 'knees', like give me a break.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #343 on: March 17, 2013, 10:04:38 PM »
You say that, but he said his knees hurt after he won... :confused1:

And what do you expect? Tendinitis isn't a joke. And Rafa is always hard on his knees on hard courts. He beat the crap out of them this week, and he doesn't wanna risk re-injuring them so soon after his comeback. And considering he's only lost one match since he's been back, and in that post-match interview he gave a ton of credit to Zeballos, saying he played an incredible match ("He made things better than me and I didn't play my best match"), I don't see at all what you're complaining about.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2013, 10:12:07 PM »

And what do you expect? Tendinitis isn't a joke. And Rafa is always hard on his knees on hard courts. He beat the crap out of them this week, and he doesn't wanna risk re-injuring them so soon after his comeback. And considering he's only lost one match since he's been back, and in that post-match interview he gave a ton of credit to Zeballos, saying he played an incredible match ("He made things better than me and I didn't play my best match"), I don't see at all what you're complaining about.
sorry, but you don't win tournaments with 'tendonitis', you complain about your knees and then you run like a rabbit ... I don't buy it at all, that's it.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #345 on: March 17, 2013, 10:19:54 PM »
He doesn't have tendinitis. But he did. Pain doesn't just hit a wall and miraculously stop forever. It's a sport's injury. Not a cut or scrape. It lasts a long time, but he can't wait forever for it to go away completely (which it probably never will) to get back on the court. So he waits till he can take the pain, and just deals with it. Yes, it's going to bother him. But that's life. He's dealing with it. And I don't see why you're criticizing him for skipping Miami. Would you rather him play there, and if he loses, use them as an excuse? Instead of doing that, he's taking the time off. He has problems, he decides not to test them. And from our stand point, he's proving he has those problems by skipping a tournament because of them. A lot of people have criticized him for basically setting aside an excuse (the knees) for when/if he loses. Instead of doing that, he's skipping the tournament.

Offline tio_toni

• Tennis Player
« Reply #346 on: March 17, 2013, 10:24:39 PM »
You sound bitter and angry, Alex  :rofl_2:.  Why not give Rafaelito his due credit instead of making outlandish accusations?  :whistle:.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:25:51 PM by tio_toni »

Offline tio_toni

• Tennis Player
« Reply #347 on: March 17, 2013, 10:42:24 PM »

:not worthy: :not worthy:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #348 on: March 17, 2013, 11:18:15 PM »

You also have to take into consideration that Del Potro's left wrist is injured, he has to slice the ball whenever possible, if you watched the match he does it quite a bit.

Nadal has no problem with the slice at all and Del Potro can do a lot more damage with his backhand if the wrist was not injured.

Even with the wrist he took it to three sets, hopefully he can rest it and get some treatment.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #349 on: March 18, 2013, 08:59:37 AM »

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #350 on: March 18, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »
The best player during 2012 comes back to the tour after taking a full 7 months respite to be in the proper condition to play, and wins 3 straight tournaments in the Americas, including his first hard court title since 2010. Almost all in the ATP world would agree this achievement is nothing short of heroic and an unbelievable result, no?

Just after winning his record 22nd Masters 1000 title, in the video below Rafa pays proper respect to the people who helped him the most along the way:
1. Mr. Lawrence Ellison who did everything he could to help Rafa feel at home away from his native soil (0:00),
2. Rafa's staff, who did everything but come on the court to give him the best advice and treatments (0:18),
3. Rafa's true fans who have never deserted him through every controversy (0:41 to end),
4. Humble Rafa in a rare acknowledgement of himself with a wave of the number 1 index finger (0:34)

Nadal celebrate his winning with his team and Larry Ellison

And finally, it's only fair to pay tribute to the players who played their part along the way:

Millionaire playboy Ernie Gulbis congratulates Rafa

Ye olde King Roger Federer gets an encouraging check on his back from Rafa

Tomas Berdych expresses himself after his 12th consecutive loss to Rafa

Andy Murray in agony losing to Juan Martin del Potro

Novak Djokovic was perplexed, but showed his top class again in a losing effort

And finally, Juan Martin del Potro, the Tower of Tandil; the fiery yet gentle giant, who gave everything left in his tank in defeat to Rafa

Congratulations to Rafael Nadal and his fans!:worthy: Condolences to the others. :blue:

Respectfully,
masterclass
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:12:37 AM by masterclass »
Legends of Tennis

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #351 on: March 18, 2013, 11:23:41 AM »

dont worry about general alex. there is nothing wrong with him that a few stiff drinks would not cure.

:)) :)) :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #352 on: March 18, 2013, 06:14:11 PM »
Congrats to Nadal and Maria on their victories.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #353 on: March 18, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »
The best player during 2012 comes back to the tour after taking a full 7 months respite to be in the proper condition to play, and wins 3 straight tournaments in the Americas, including his first hard court title since 2010. Almost all in the ATP world would agree this achievement is nothing short of heroic and an unbelievable result, no?

Just after winning his record 22nd Masters 1000 title, in the video below Rafa pays proper respect to the people who helped him the most along the way:
1. Mr. Lawrence Ellison who did everything he could to help Rafa feel at home away from his native soil (0:00),
2. Rafa's staff, who did everything but come on the court to give him the best advice and treatments (0:18),
3. Rafa's true fans who have never deserted him through every controversy (0:41 to end),
4. Humble Rafa in a rare acknowledgement of himself with a wave of the number 1 index finger (0:34)

Congratulations to Rafael Nadal and his fans!:worthy: Condolences to the others. :blue:

Respectfully,
masterclass
Nothing short of heroic and unbelievable!
I fully expected that the tour may have left him behind and that he would get back to a slow start.
Nice to have another slam contender in the mix.
Anyone else notice he's playing within the time constraints (for the most part) to no ill effect?  So much for the B.S. about needing the recovery time between long rallies..... :whistle:  The fitter player wins in the end and there has never been any question as to Nadal's fitness. 

Play on!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline tio_toni

• Tennis Player
« Reply #354 on: March 18, 2013, 08:27:58 PM »
dont worry about general alex. there is nothing wrong with him that a few stiff drinks would not cure.

Indeed ! :rofl_2::rofl_2::drinks:

On a serious note, I suggest you demote Alex to rank of Private for his childish behavior and slanderous accusations backed by nothing except his butthurtness !  :mad1:.   His wild outbursts and juvenile behavior here (and at MTF) since Rafaelito's glorious victory is unbefitting a true Generalissimo! :nono::thumb-down:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #355 on: March 18, 2013, 09:31:50 PM »
Gulbis did announce himself here at IW.

Just a few weeks playing seriously and a few tournaments he was already on level with Nadal.

I'm eagerly awaiting what is next.

If he does dedicate himself I think he'll be top ten very soon.

Keep your eyes on this guy, he's got more than a few bucks, I think he has a champions demeanor.

You can take that ot the bank.  :king:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Re: ATP/WTA INDIAN WELLS, 3/4-17/2013
« Reply #356 on: March 18, 2013, 10:07:12 PM »
AND HE WINS! That's truly amazing. His first Master's tournament after 7 months off, it's on hard court, and he wins it. His first Master's tournament back, his first hard court title since 2010, and the record for most Master's titles all in one win.

Been on vacation...

All I can say is, how many times has T4U sent Rafa to an early retirement? 50? 150? I alone must have done it a dozen times. And after every win I tell myself I'll not be fooled again!!! LOL

He's got to be the most remarkable player of ever in this respect. More can-do than an army of modern tennis players.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #357 on: March 19, 2013, 05:15:14 AM »
Gulbis did announce himself here at IW.

Just a few weeks playing seriously and a few tournaments he was already on level with Nadal.

I'm eagerly awaiting what is next.

If he does dedicate himself I think he'll be top ten very soon.

Keep your eyes on this guy, he's got more than a few bucks, I think he has a champions demeanor.

You can take that ot the bank.  :king:
I've been lovin' this guys game for awhile now but disappointed in his lack of dedication to the game.  Perhaps he has seen the light and is about to realize his potential.  If that is the case, you could be right about his cracking the top 10.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Re: ATP/WTA INDIAN WELLS, 3/4-17/2013
« Reply #358 on: March 19, 2013, 05:17:25 AM »
AND HE WINS! That's truly amazing. His first Master's tournament after 7 months off, it's on hard court, and he wins it. His first Master's tournament back, his first hard court title since 2010, and the record for most Master's titles all in one win.

Been on vacation...

All I can say is, how many times has T4U sent Rafa to an early retirement? 50? 150? I alone must have done it a dozen times. And after every win I tell myself I'll not be fooled again!!! LOL

He's got to be the most remarkable player of ever in this respect. More can-do than an army of modern tennis players.
That sums it up nicely. 
Or as we say 'round these pahts-  'there ain't no quit in that boy'. :lifting)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2013, 06:56:59 PM »

Indeed ! :rofl_2::rofl_2::drinks:

On a serious note, I suggest you demote Alex to rank of Private for his childish behavior and slanderous accusations backed by nothing except his butthurtness !  :mad1:.   His wild outbursts and juvenile behavior here (and at MTF) since Rafaelito's glorious victory is unbefitting a true Generalissimo! :nono::thumb-down:
right. I'm very vocal about Nadal complaining about his knees and injuries, then running like a rabbit. It's about COMPLAINING/WHINING not Rafa per se. I hate his late behavior. and what the heck are you talking about regarding my butt being hurt bud? My boy is #1 in the world. suck it now  :rofl_2: