Tennis Contests & Games > Games

Predict-A-Match Thread for Chat, management, questions, etc.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Orange Wombat:
It seems that it is too easy to predict the amount of time of a match. Therefore I think the number of points awarded for predicting the time of a match within 10 minutes should be changed from 6 to 4. Anyone else agree?

FreakyGOAT > CD:

--- Quote from: Orange Wombat on March 17, 2013, 06:09:30 PM ---It seems that it is too easy to predict the amount of time of a match. Therefore I think the number of points awarded for predicting the time of a match within 10 minutes should be changed from 6 to 4. Anyone else agree?

--- End quote ---

I think it's easy in the earlier rounds when a top player is playing a bowl, but it's pretty damn difficult in later rounds. Maybe 4 for rounds before the QF, and QF on it's 6? :dunno:

Litotes:

--- Quote from: Orange Wombat on March 17, 2013, 06:09:30 PM ---It seems that it is too easy to predict the amount of time of a match. Therefore I think the number of points awarded for predicting the time of a match within 10 minutes should be changed from 6 to 4. Anyone else agree?

--- End quote ---

You could of course also change the "window", say people has to get the time right within 10% instead of 10 minutes (rounded down to nearest minute). For a short match of 1h15 that means you have to be within 7 minutes, but for a long on of 2h25min you have 14 minutes to play with.

Orange Wombat:

--- Quote from: Freak3yman84 on March 17, 2013, 10:37:22 PM ---

--- End quote ---

I think it's easy in the earlier rounds when a top player is playing a bowl, but it's pretty damn difficult in later rounds. Maybe 4 for rounds before the QF, and QF on it's 6? :dunno:

--- End quote ---

Well people would forget  :Confused:

Orange Wombat:

--- Quote from: Litotes on March 18, 2013, 02:16:50 AM ---

--- End quote ---

You could of course also change the "window", say people has to get the time right within 10% instead of 10 minutes (rounded down to nearest minute). For a short match of 1h15 that means you have to be within 7 minutes, but for a long on of 2h25min you have 14 minutes to play with.

--- End quote ---

That would be very complicated and  :dunno: It would cause some complications based on the digit you round to.

Also, it's difficult to know which matches are long and which are short. I will just change it to 5 points, it's the simplest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version