Tennis Contests & Games > Suicide Tennis

Suicide Tennis #9 - ATP MS1000 Indian Wells

<< < (13/13)

Litotes:

--- Quote from: JayR on March 18, 2013, 02:28:15 PM ---Not a bad effort to get to day 7. Though if I could have one pick back, it would be Murray/Donskoy on the Sunday. Different choice there would've given me the option of taking him against Berlocq and leaving Del Potro for another round. But I suppose we can all say that about some of our choices and then we all might've reached the final. So nevermind. Lol!

--- End quote ---

Yes, it's common to feel you could have done better. But really, picking a big name early means you're not sure about the others. Things appear more certain in hindsight. "Of course x would bet y, I knew that, why didn't I pick x instead"? But things are never as certain before they happen.

For me, I have stopped believing I should have done better and aim to do better in future instead. I'm sure I'll see many more early exits, though :)

JayR:

--- Quote from: Litotes on March 18, 2013, 04:45:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: JayR on March 18, 2013, 02:28:15 PM ---Not a bad effort to get to day 7. Though if I could have one pick back, it would be Murray/Donskoy on the Sunday. Different choice there would've given me the option of taking him against Berlocq and leaving Del Potro for another round. But I suppose we can all say that about some of our choices and then we all might've reached the final. So nevermind. Lol!

--- End quote ---

Yes, it's common to feel you could have done better. But really, picking a big name early means you're not sure about the others. Things appear more certain in hindsight. "Of course x would bet y, I knew that, why didn't I pick x instead"? But things are never as certain before they happen.

For me, I have stopped believing I should have done better and aim to do better in future instead. I'm sure I'll see many more early exits, though :)

--- End quote ---

At one point Markus, there were so many matches which seemed like coin-tosses, and so it was there I took the seemingly easy option. And you make a good point about hindsight being 20/20 and things not being as cast in stone as they very often appear.

I'm more than satisfied and didn't spend too much time thinking about what I might've done afterwards. And as soon as it was done I'd forgotten about and it was on to the next one and see what happens there. If I do well there, then that's great. If I don't well, it's no problem and I just carry on as normal.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version