Author Topic: Suicide Tennis #9 - ATP MS1000 Indian Wells  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
Re: Suicide Tennis #9 - ATP MS1000 Indian Wells
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2013, 04:45:57 PM »
Not a bad effort to get to day 7. Though if I could have one pick back, it would be Murray/Donskoy on the Sunday. Different choice there would've given me the option of taking him against Berlocq and leaving Del Potro for another round. But I suppose we can all say that about some of our choices and then we all might've reached the final. So nevermind. Lol!

Yes, it's common to feel you could have done better. But really, picking a big name early means you're not sure about the others. Things appear more certain in hindsight. "Of course x would bet y, I knew that, why didn't I pick x instead"? But things are never as certain before they happen.

For me, I have stopped believing I should have done better and aim to do better in future instead. I'm sure I'll see many more early exits, though :)

Offline JayR

• Tennis Addict
Re: Suicide Tennis #9 - ATP MS1000 Indian Wells
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 01:26:16 PM »
Not a bad effort to get to day 7. Though if I could have one pick back, it would be Murray/Donskoy on the Sunday. Different choice there would've given me the option of taking him against Berlocq and leaving Del Potro for another round. But I suppose we can all say that about some of our choices and then we all might've reached the final. So nevermind. Lol!

Yes, it's common to feel you could have done better. But really, picking a big name early means you're not sure about the others. Things appear more certain in hindsight. "Of course x would bet y, I knew that, why didn't I pick x instead"? But things are never as certain before they happen.

For me, I have stopped believing I should have done better and aim to do better in future instead. I'm sure I'll see many more early exits, though :)

At one point Markus, there were so many matches which seemed like coin-tosses, and so it was there I took the seemingly easy option. And you make a good point about hindsight being 20/20 and things not being as cast in stone as they very often appear.

I'm more than satisfied and didn't spend too much time thinking about what I might've done afterwards. And as soon as it was done I'd forgotten about and it was on to the next one and see what happens there. If I do well there, then that's great. If I don't well, it's no problem and I just carry on as normal.  :)