Chat Threads > Rankings Forum

Live ATP Rankings

<< < (10/25) > >>

tennisville:
what do you mean when you say you tested it ? how do you test it  :))

Slasher1985:

--- Quote from: tennisville on April 02, 2013, 05:19:59 AM ---what do you mean when you say you tested it ? how do you test it  :))

--- End quote ---

Well, it's an automatic live updater. I give it pdf files as input or have it download them from the ATP site or ITF and it updates player data after extracting the data and parsing it. If it does this in a correct manner, it's okay. But I've "live tested" as in, ran the application for one full year in all ATP tournaments and it has provided correct data after minor glitches were fixed.

Slasher1985:
I'm going to give you a T4U message only, cause I consider MTF unworthy of this "awesomeness".

By now, you may know that following the link in the OP, you can access the "archive" containing all past official rankings, which basically helps you see exactly which points counted for each player at each official rankings Monday (unlike ATP). Unfortunately, this archive is limited to the first day when the automatic updater ran. But there's good news, with the help of patience, I may be able to build a backtracking sequence that will allow me to go "back in time" with the rankings and actually extract each official rankings from past Mondays. It will be most difficult, so wish me luck. :)~

Litotes:

--- Quote from: Slasher1985 on April 08, 2013, 05:53:34 AM ---I'm going to give you a T4U message only, cause I consider MTF unworthy of this "awesomeness".

By now, you may know that following the link in the OP, you can access the "archive" containing all past official rankings, which basically helps you see exactly which points counted for each player at each official rankings Monday (unlike ATP). Unfortunately, this archive is limited to the first day when the automatic updater ran. But there's good news, with the help of patience, I may be able to build a backtracking sequence that will allow me to go "back in time" with the rankings and actually extract each official rankings from past Mondays. It will be most difficult, so wish me luck. :)~

--- End quote ---

Sounds great :)

How long back in time are you expecting to go?

I have a project for how many weeks various players have been ranked in various positions. Rankings before 1984 elude me, however. I don't suppose you'll go that far back, but do you know anything about the rankings back then? Besides what (insufficielt) information is listed on the ATP site?

Slasher1985:
I can go back to 1973 with one condition. Knowing the number of points awarded back then for tournament rounds. That is probably extremely delicate to find out. For now, I think a more realistic number would be 2009 (LOL). First I need to achieve this, than see if I can muster the power to go back in previous ranking schemas.

I could use today's rankings for all, but we may see differences to the official rankings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version