Author Topic: Live ATP Rankings  (Read 6263 times)

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
Re: Live ATP Rankings
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2013, 08:47:33 AM »
Thx, I get that. But why Auckland and Delray Beach? Why not some other even non-countable tours?

LOL yeah. Of course it is other non-countable events if they have the same number of points. The ATP randomly chooses the two 45-pointers that are currently non-countables. Auckland was chosen this week, but it could very well have been Vienna or Memphis. This Monday, all 3 45-pointers will be non-countables. The next week after that, Delray Beach will also be a non-countable.

And considering he is 'defending' Auckland and Delray atm, will he have to do it again next year during Auckland and Delray beach?

Of course. The non-countable events are just a backup for when higher placed non-mandatories drop out. As long as Haas has mandatories, these mandatories can only be replaced with other mandatories if he remains a top player. That means that if next year, he decides not to player Madrid and Rome, he will get 0-pointers replacing them. When Halle drops out this year, if Haas decides not to play again to defend his title, his Delray Beach result will again be counted in. Next year, Auckland and Delray Beach will disappear completely if he doesn't defend them, so they won't be usable as backups anymore.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2013, 09:00:49 AM »
Thanks Slasher, much appreciated  :))
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2013, 08:37:30 AM »
great work slasher.

keep it going general. this is a historical thread of great importance for our sport.

:)) :))

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »
Looks like Stan Wawrinka will move into the 10th position after Madrid. First time in a while that we've had someone different there.
He looks good in the race right now as well.  Let's see if he can keep it going.  Wouldn't that be a surprise if he made the World Tour Finals this year?

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2013, 10:44:32 PM »
stan needs to make a great showing in rome and keep it going.

I really think clay is where he can shine the best.

and it will lead to better results on other surfaces eventually.

Offline Elsa

• Tennis Player
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2013, 06:51:07 AM »
Yeah LOL. Without any clear injury, Gasquet is not awarded any penalty. Let us applaud ATP for this wonderful gem. :// :rofl_2:

I am pleased to join this forum, having read you with much interest elsewhere  :) Forget about my PM there, all cleared  :cool:
Couldn't we consider that Gasquet didn't get a 0 at Barcelona because he was on site, most probably involved in promotion of some kind ? I remember that after his loss at MC, he declared that he needed some vacation. A tournament, not necessarily the best way to rest, don't you think ?  ;-()

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2013, 09:10:49 AM »
Good to see you here. Please enjoy our wonderful community, and we await duong as well. Hope he can join us soon.

You're probably right about Gasquet, but the volatility of this rule remains. It's just too unpredictable to determine the ATP 500 penalties in advance.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2013, 09:27:48 AM »
One interesting thing about Nadal. No matter the result at RG, he will have a higher number of Race points than Ranking points. It's a very rare thing, I don't know if it ever happened before, and is caused by the fact that Nadal missed most of everything after RG and has received penalty points in events that don't permit his 150 from the final against Zeballos to enter his rankings, yet this final is calculated in his Race.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »
One interesting thing about Nadal. No matter the result at RG, he will have a higher number of Race points than Ranking points. It's a very rare thing, I don't know if it ever happened before, and is caused by the fact that Nadal missed most of everything after RG and has received penalty points in events that don't permit his 150 from the final against Zeballos to enter his rankings, yet this final is calculated in his Race.

I have seen this before, but not in June....quite extraordinary.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 01:53:26 AM »
I nominate slasher1985 to the tennis hall of fame.  :king:

me too, great thread  :king:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2013, 02:22:28 AM »
I really don't see why I would deserve such fame for keeping live rankings. The tennis players are the ones doing the hard work. :)

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2013, 01:22:36 AM »
Tipsarevic's early exit from Dusseldorf has now placed Wawrinka back into Top 10.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »
i had high hopes for wawrinka in rome. he had been doing so well.

the fatigue finally took its toll.

still it must be a good feeling to be back in the top 10.

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2013, 12:43:52 PM »
Youngsters Jack Sock and Jiri Vesely are right at the edge of the top 100  :whistle:

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2013, 03:30:26 AM »
Youngsters Jack Sock and Jiri Vesely are right at the edge of the top 100  :whistle:

Impressive stuff from Vesely really. He was close to entering Top 50 in the race as well. This 106/59 in the rankings/race is sure to gift him with a large pot of morale for the rest of the season.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2013, 10:06:58 AM »
tommy haas at #11.

impressive stuff from the 35 year old.

:)) :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2013, 09:58:39 PM »
one quick question if you don't mind  :))

Why Tommy dropped only 160pts instead of all 250pts he has to defend?
Shouldn't all 250pts be taken from total of 2585pts he had on last official weekly update?

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2013, 01:08:58 AM »

Shouldn't all 250pts be taken from total of 2585pts he had on last official weekly update?

Tommy and Cilic are replacing their dropable 250 pts by a currently non-countable 90 pts. That is, if both of them are eliminated from their tournaments now, next week, they are going to count Delray Beach (Haas) and Valencia (Cilic) into their rankings. These two tournaments are now in their non-countable list, outside of their Best 18.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »

Tommy and Cilic are replacing their dropable 250 pts by a currently non-countable 90 pts. That is, if both of them are eliminated from their tournaments now, next week, they are going to count Delray Beach (Haas) and Valencia (Cilic) into their rankings. These two tournaments are now in their non-countable list, outside of their Best 18.

Hm I guess that's always the case then? They always replace their best non-countable result with higher drop? In this case since Delray and Halle are both 250, that's why?
Kinda confusing...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2013, 05:17:43 AM »
Hm I guess that's always the case then? They always replace their best non-countable result with higher drop? In this case since Delray and Halle are both 250, that's why?
Kinda confusing...

No, they always replace their drop (last year's Queen's and Halle = 250 pts each) with the highest non-countable in their list (Delray and Valencia = 90 pts each).