Author Topic: Live ATP Rankings  (Read 6978 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: Live ATP Rankings
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2013, 09:55:23 AM »
Hm I guess that's always the case then? They always replace their best non-countable result with higher drop? In this case since Delray and Halle are both 250, that's why?
Kinda confusing...

No, they always replace their drop (last year's Queen's and Halle = 250 pts each) with the highest non-countable in their list (Delray and Valencia = 90 pts each).

ok thx  ;-()

Keep up wonderful work :thumbs-up:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2013, 03:26:56 AM »
I am currently "test-driving" this:

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=D7BCBFA5FDF2F128!1797&app=Excel

Tell me how you guys find it working on your computer, and if you find it useful. It is now also in my signature. :gleam:

Ah damn, signature limited to 301 chars. Can't find a way to make this look more impressive.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:31:55 AM by Slasher1985 »

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2013, 04:38:15 PM »
It works, just have to remind people to scroll the sidebar to the right  :)~

Also, what happened to the "Ranking in Age Group" part of it?

Thanks, cannot tell you how much your work is appreciated  :king:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2013, 07:56:32 PM »
It looks beautiful. Very nice work here.  :king:

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2013, 05:32:37 AM »
It works, just have to remind people to scroll the sidebar to the right  :)~

Also, what happened to the "Ranking in Age Group" part of it?

Thanks, cannot tell you how much your work is appreciated  :king:

Well, it all depends on the size of your screen.

I tested this with a mobile phone and it loaded surprisingly fast and it's quite incredible to have it available so easily.

I added in the Race now too in this live demo.

The Age Group part was never included on this forum for lack of time on my behalf. I am thinking if I will be including age groups on this project.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2013, 10:04:49 PM »
fantastic stuff. keep it going.

:)) :))

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »
fantastic stuff, keep it going. CD approved it. when Herc says it's OK than that's the deal ... oh boy
 :)) :))

:rofl_2:. sorry I couldn't help it.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
Alright, for every session of fun there usually is an ending. I think you've had your fun, expressed your thoughts and trolled enough this section of the forum. Any other useless post in the rankings forum will be edited out and considered spam. Thank you kindly for your understanding. :)

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2013, 09:48:45 PM »
excellent work, thank you so much Marian, presented so beautifully  :king:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2013, 01:33:52 AM »
Thanks Miranda.

If you check the OP, you will now notice the link that takes you to the full table directly without needing to download or install anything. :gleam:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »
Slash and Lit, you should get back to MTF. there is a post about Murray taking #1. Not sure about the numbers though.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2013, 08:20:44 PM »
Slash and Lit, you should get back to MTF. there is a post about Murray taking #1. Not sure about the numbers though.

Nope, he's not taking it.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2013, 01:10:04 PM »

well if not Murray, who? Tomic  :gleam:. Nole is done  :zipped:

Offline foaquin

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2013, 11:30:18 PM »

well if not Murray, who? Tomic  :gleam:. Nole is done  :zipped:

RAFA,,
very soon...

Offline Mr. C

• Tennis Player
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2013, 01:44:04 PM »
Great work Slasher!  I am impressed. 

Question regarding this week's ATP rankings (16-Sep-2013) after accounting for Davis cup matches played last week.  I think ATP is miscalculating Davis Cup points for Berdych (ATP reports 220, I calculate 225), Stepanek (140 vs. 145), Tipsarevic (65 vs 70), Hajek (40 vs. 65), and Belucci (40 vs. 50).

Berdych, for instance, has 75 for the 2012 final, 80 for first round, and 70 for the semifinal last week, totaling 225, not 220 as ATP reports.

It seems like in some cases (Berdych, Stepanek, and Tipsarevic) ATP is giving 65 for semifinal live games instead of the correct 70. 

In Hajek's case, ATP is giving 40 points for a quarterfinal live game instead of the correct 65.

In Bellucci's case, ATP is giving him 40 points for his first rounds games but he should have gotten 40 for the live win and 10 for the lost, totaling 50.

I would appreciate your input.

Regards.

Offline Mr. C

• Tennis Player
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2013, 09:01:06 AM »
A few years ago ATP published the "Champion's Race" table showing top players' performance on Grand Slams and Master Series.  For some reason ATP stopped publishing it.  Since then, I have searched around hoping that someone kept producing it, however, with no success.  The closest I found was at Wikipedia's ATP Finals page but it was for year end.  Trying to recreate it myself, I picked up an interest in the ATP rankings and developed my own Excel based system.  It is probably not as sophisticated as Slasher's but helps me with analysis and stats.  One of the outcomes from my system is the table below, similar to the former ATP Champion's Race.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:18:42 AM by Mr. C »

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2013, 09:52:27 AM »
Hey, thanks for your interest.

There is one rule you're forgetting. If a player skips a round, he is awarded points specific to the previous round.

Question regarding this week's ATP rankings (16-Sep-2013) after accounting for Davis cup matches played last week.  I think ATP is miscalculating Davis Cup points for Berdych (ATP reports 220, I calculate 225), Stepanek (140 vs. 145), Tipsarevic (65 vs 70), Hajek (40 vs. 65), and Belucci (40 vs. 50).

Berdych has 220 points: final from last year (75 pts) + 2 wins in R1 (80 pts) + 1 win in SF (which is 65 pts because Berdych did not play QF).
Stepanek has 140 points: final from last year (75 pts) + 1 win in SF (which is 65 pts because Stepanek did not play QF or any other round).
Tipsarevic has 65 points: 1 win in SF (which is 65 pts because Tipsarevic did not play QF or any other round).
Hajek has 40 points: 1 win in QF (which is 40 pts because Hajek did not play R1).
Bellucci won 40 points in R1 and no points in the Play-Off.

Berdych, for instance, has 75 for the 2012 final, 80 for first round, and 70 for the semifinal last week, totaling 225, not 220 as ATP reports.

Please see above.

It seems like in some cases (Berdych, Stepanek, and Tipsarevic) ATP is giving 65 for semifinal live games instead of the correct 70. 

The 65 is correct. These players have not played the QF. Skipping a round forces them to get the previous round's points in the next round.

In Hajek's case, ATP is giving 40 points for a quarterfinal live game instead of the correct 65.

R1 points for skipping R1.

In Bellucci's case, ATP is giving him 40 points for his first rounds games but he should have gotten 40 for the live win and 10 for the lost, totaling 50.

The 10 is given only if the player does not win any live match. He won a live match for which he received 40 pts, therefore, the 10 points are not awarded. They are only compensation in case the player losses all his live matches.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2013, 09:54:33 AM »
Thanks for following my live rankings. The automated system usually doesn't miss anything.

The only mistake ATP has since a few months ago, which they have actively refused to correct is Haas' tournament total count which is 26, not 27.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2013, 09:56:41 AM »
A few years ago ATP published the "Champion's Race" table showing top players' performance on Grand Slams and Master Series.  For some reason ATP stopped publishing it.  Since then, I have searched around hoping that someone kept producing it, however, with no success.  The closest I found was at Wikipedia's ATP Finals page but it was for year end.  Trying to recreate it myself, I picked up an interest in the ATP rankings and developed my own Excel based system.  It is probably not as sophisticated as Slasher's but helps me with analysis and stats.  One of the outcomes from my system is the table below, similar to the former ATP Champion's Race.

Please post the link once again, and I will fix it for you.

Also note that I have a column (which is not public) where I calculate GS + MS. This is essentially a tie-breaker in case 2 players have the same number of points.

Offline Mr. C

• Tennis Player
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2013, 10:21:38 AM »
Please post the link once again, and I will fix it for you.

I posted the link again.  Thanks for fixing it.