Author Topic: Live ATP Race  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
Re: Live ATP Race
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 05:50:47 PM »
Can't believe Gasquet is ahead of Federer in the race  :scared:

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 01:35:05 AM »
Can't believe Gasquet is ahead of Federer in the race  :scared:

Surprising, but he's played twice as many tournaments, and Federer has been pagued by his back, so...

If Fed gets his back in order they should exchange places not too long into the future.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »
should we have a atp race general discussion thread here as well general slasher?

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 01:12:31 AM »
We can have anything the public wants, General. We can discuss the race here in this thread or in any other thread you like in this section. Everyone is free to create rankings related threads in this section on different subjects. Like if Andy Murray would become World Number #1 for instance, the creation of a thread on that specific subject is allowed. :)~

Offline tennisville

• Tennis Player
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2013, 01:58:11 AM »
Slasher I never understood the different colours of the swords in your sig . Is there any fixed criteria

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2013, 02:09:35 AM »
Slasher I never understood the different colours of the swords in your sig . Is there any fixed criteria

Yes, it's the style of play in my view. Let me look the MTF post where I said this. :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »
Slash, kinda curious too, why purple for Nole and Edberg?

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 02:05:20 AM »

Edberg doesn't quite have purple. It has a unique shade of pink. His color is due to a combination between the best serve-and-volley of all time and the ability to use the opponent's power in strokes against him. Nole's color is also unique, because of his extremely efficient and deadly power defense, which can easily be modeled into an offensive game. These colors along with orange are at the limit between defensive and attacking game, making the players given these colors quite unique in their ability to play the game.
This is all in my perspective and it would be extremely strange if some people would not think differently.

If you wanna ask about more players, please do.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 05:24:19 PM »

Edberg doesn't quite have purple. It has a unique shade of pink. His color is due to a combination between the best serve-and-volley of all time and the ability to use the opponent's power in strokes against him. Nole's color is also unique, because of his extremely efficient and deadly power defense, which can easily be modeled into an offensive game. These colors along with orange are at the limit between defensive and attacking game, making the players given these colors quite unique in their ability to play the game.
This is all in my perspective and it would be extremely strange if some people would not think differently.

If you wanna ask about more players, please do.
thanks mate. it makes sense. you are a very intelligent and I'd say intuitive guy  :).

Offline lurker

• Tennis Player
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 07:27:22 PM »
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx

Just had a peek at the atp site and Fed is an eye-popping 11  :scared: in the race.

Fortunately, slasher's genius chart has him at 7 already and should be higher at the end of Rome Masters.

Again, this chart is genius!   :worthy: :worthy:

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2013, 03:24:33 AM »
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx

Just had a peek at the atp site and Fed is an eye-popping 11  :scared: in the race.

Fortunately, slasher's genius chart has him at 7 already and should be higher at the end of Rome Masters.

Again, this chart is genius!   :worthy: :worthy:

He'll be 6th - and best Swiss - in the race if he beats Paire. Even a final victory won't see him higher than that, which is a bit unusual, 400 extra points tend to imply advancement when you're a bit down in the race rankings. Not so here.

Else it's remarkable that Nadal has taken the lead despite missing the AO. Djokovic has not shown too much stability after his slam, so far results resemble 2012 for him, except that he exchanged his Miami title for Monte Carlo.

Offline Elsa

• Tennis Player
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 03:39:50 AM »
Slasher, you may know that Almagro has withdrawn from Dusseldorf.

It will be interesting to check his ranking breakdown, after Roland Garros I guess, and  whether the  135 points from olympic games are added or not.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 03:45:25 AM »

It will be interesting to check his ranking breakdown, after Roland Garros I guess, and  whether the  135 points from olympic games are added or not.

Yes, the Olympic will be counted. Which will bring him at 2375 before RG, and of course the result after it will depend on his result there. He is defending 360.

Offline Elsa

• Tennis Player
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 03:52:45 AM »

Yes, the Olympic will be counted. Which will bring him at 2375 before RG, and of course the result after it will depend on his result there. He is defending 360.

I count 2365. But how can you be so sure he won't be penalized with a 0 pointer ?

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2013, 03:56:58 AM »
I count 2365. But how can you be so sure he won't be penalized with a 0 pointer ?

2490 is the current live rankings number of points for him.

2490 - 250 + 135 = 2240 + 135 = 2375.

0-pointers are not given for ATP 250s or lower. He may get a 0-pointer if he does not play RG though, which would bring him at 2015 after RG.

Offline Elsa

• Tennis Player
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2013, 04:08:36 AM »
Sorry, I made a mistake, thought he did not play at all in Roma.. Mixed him with Tipsarevich  :lmao:

Offline Elsa

• Tennis Player
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2013, 04:13:24 AM »
I've just heard that Paire withdraws  from Nice. Clever decision.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 04:38:24 AM »
The race live rankings from here are now the only ones implementing a rule saying that a player can have a maximum of 6 + mandatories held YTD of tournaments counted for his race rankings. Live-tennis.eu don't have this rule, so stay tuned to these correct rankings, everyone. :)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2013, 12:51:28 PM »
most of peple do not understand 'the rankings' and the race...  and who is defending what? ... it's getting stupid

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2013, 12:53:13 PM »
most of peple do not understand 'the rankings' and the race...  and who is defending what? ... it's getting stupid

Most will never understand them, because they don't care, or because they don't have the brains for it.