Author Topic: ATP/WTA Mutua Madrid Open (05/03-12, 2013)  (Read 7119 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: ATP/WTA Mutua Madrid Open (05/03-12, 2013)
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 11:41:27 AM »
its between nole and roger.

nadal`s form stinks at the moment. but the reason it stinks is because he is lazy. so its his own damn fault.

like I said before, 2 hours of totally unfocused practice sessions is the reason why he is not doing well. even dropping to #5 is not doing to trick for him.

he is waiting for somebody else`s levels to drop instead of outworking them all on the practice courts.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 12:10:08 PM »
Nadal has done an excellent job since his return.  For someone to be out that long and come back and make finals and win tournaments - IN THE MEN'S GAME!!!! -- he must be doing something right. 

I noticed a pattern with a lot of Nadal fans.  Seems like his fans are harder on him that non-Nadal fans! :rofl_2:  Glad you all are not Federer fans! :rofl_2:

But at any rate.  Nadal is still playing pretty good tennis right now so I don't count him out in any tournament (unlike some of his fans) :rofl_2:

Roger's is the 'question mark' to me.  I know he normally takes a lot of time off during the year, but he's getting older, and it seems like he needs some time to 'get back in the swing of things'.  With him being the defending champion here -- he's going to have to get back in the groove in a hurry! He hasn't won a title this year yet (that's another streak going as well)....so I hope he can start here but with almost 2 months off - I honestly don't know how Roger will play this week.

Federer had a period where he looked relatively poor a few years back, early exits, shanks all over the place on the BH and the forehand was unreliable.
It got so bad that few ever thought he could be competitive for any decent length of time.

Fed showed that he had the will and desire of a champion to not only play good again but to rack up some masters, WTF, slam and a return to #1 while both Nadal and Djokovic were playing in their prime.

Nadal is at a serious crossroad, it's not the knees that will hold him back but his desire and will to win.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 12:23:31 PM »
general swish is spot on as usual.

nadal looks for the bloody excuses and an easy way out while guys like nole, murray, and roger look to work hard and improve.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »
general swish is spot on as usual.

nadal looks for the bloody excuses and an easy way out while guys like nole, murray, and roger look to work hard and improve.

I never worried about Nadal, he has always responded with good or bad knees.

He isn't finished yet by a long shot, just watch and see.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2013, 12:29:10 PM »
 :)) :))

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
Jerzy up a set and a break over Querrey.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013, 12:41:35 PM »
This tournament is for Nadal and Nole to fight over. But definitely some interesting matchups along the way. Looking forward to Fed vs. Nadal if that happens. Federer is definitely a question mark but if he's sharp, he's had success against Nadal here in Madrid and could potentially have a good match and some chances.

Other one is Wawrinka vs. Djokovic. As long as Wawrinka is not burnt out, he's shown he can play against Djokovic and he just won a title comfortably over Ferrer on clay. Ferrer doesn't seem to be on as high a roll as last year but he's still no slouch on clay and usually beats people like Wawrinka so looking forward to what Wawrinka can do. Same goes for Dimitrov against Djokovic.

Raonic should have his hands full with Davydenko but if he gets past I want to see him trash Verdasco on clay. Not sure if you remember but two three years ago when Raonic won back to back hard court matches against Verdasco, Fernando got a case of the sour grapes and called out Raonic saying Clay is the real surface and what Raonic plays on indoor hard courts isn't real tennis. I believe this might be their first clay matchup. Time to serve up some revenge.

Tsonga vs. Djokovic should be a rematch of their RG encounter from last year if that happens. Tsonga would have some help from the conditions but Djokovic is Djokovic. But it'll also be a measure of Tsonga's form and if he'll have any shot going into RG.

Berdych vs. Murray, should that happen will be a good test for both of them. Looking forward to that.

I like Gasquet and Cilic but Cilic is already out. We'll have to see if Gasquet can build upon the success he has had and lay some claim to being a legit top ten player and challenge the top frenchman (Tsonga). In that regard Gasquet vs. Federer would be a fun matchup.

Nothing else really excites.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013, 12:50:14 PM »
davydenko was removed from the facilities by milos the destroyer.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 01:36:58 PM »
davydenko was removed from the facilities by milos the destroyer.

7-5 7-6 not quite destruction but good win :) Now for that Verdasco vs. Raonic match - what do you think Herc?

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »
Actually it's s a good thing to be back on the red clay. Roger has been practicing for weeks at various secluded sites in Italy & Switzerland. He's ready to rock our worlds again.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2013, 01:57:45 PM »
Jerzy looked really good today.
He still needs some work but he seems like he will be a very good player in not too long, maybe even top 10.
He just has to keep his temper down a little and just keep up the practice.

At 6'8" he moves very well and can improve here too.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2013, 02:26:43 PM »
Jerzy looked really good today.
He still needs some work but he seems like he will be a very good player in not too long, maybe even top 10.
He just has to keep his temper down a little and just keep up the practice.

At 6'8" he moves very well and can improve here too.
I can't stand him and Tomic. punks. hope he loses in the next round  :))
Alex, The Evil One  :innocent:

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »
Good win for Flo Mayer. I hope he takes down Murray next

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
not happening captain ow.

murray will run circles around flo.

:)) :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2013, 07:51:10 AM »
Awesome match for Tommy defeating Seppi 6-1 6-2.
I was really worried about this match but Tommy was simply flawless and brutal, thought he would be wasted after winning Munich. Glad he proved me wrong and acquired this win pretty easily.

Perfect shot selection and amazing serving. Onto the 2nd Round vs Baghdatis/Robredo. Another great match up.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2013, 09:20:06 AM »
When in Nole playing? Madrid's web site is sh!t btw, I just can't believe it.  It looks like a 12yo made it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:21:05 AM by Alex »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2013, 09:23:18 AM »
When in Nole playing? Madrid's web site is sh!t btw, I just can't believe it.  It looks like a 12yo made it.

Nole is not before 8pm local Madrid time... You do the math for Canada  :)~   Somewhere around 2pm?? :dunno:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »

Nole is not before 8pm local Madrid time... You do the math for Canada  :)~   Somewhere around 2pm?? :dunno:
thanks Lug, I feel like a retard but I just couldn't navigate on that site. it's horrible.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2013, 09:41:44 AM »

thanks Lug, I feel like a retard but I just couldn't navigate on that site. it's horrible.

yw mate, btw always use atp website for schedule. Easiest way around I think.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Scores/schedule.aspx?EventId=1536

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »
alex, always check the match timings in live score hunter.......never open any tournament website........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS