Author Topic: ATP/WTA Mutua Madrid Open (05/03-12, 2013)  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: ATP/WTA Mutua Madrid Open (05/03-12, 2013)
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
Again kudos to Grigor but Nole's movement was completely off for whatever reason. I just watched the match again. Nole was slow ... didn't even try to run some balls. ah, whatever. I don't care. Madrid is my least favorite tournament.  :\

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2013, 11:57:18 PM »
I need to watch entire match. What happen?

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2013, 12:06:00 AM »
I need to watch entire match. What happen?

What match?  :rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2013, 12:08:13 AM »
Again kudos to Grigor but Nole's movement was completely off for whatever reason. I just watched the match again. Nole was slow ... didn't even try to run some balls. ah, whatever. I don't care. Madrid is my least favorite tournament.  :\

I saw the first set that I missed. Nole was very off.

He can get some treatment and be fully rested for Rome and RG.
It may be the best for him.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2013, 01:29:13 AM »
it doesn't matter whether dimitrov loses in the next round or in the semis........the big thing is that he now knows what it takes to beat the likes of djokovic and knows what to do when up against them when he faces them next time........that experience is more valuable going forward than a run to the semis or final.......winning titles part comes later once he develops his game even more.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2013, 01:36:07 AM »
it doesn't matter whether dimitrov loses in the next round or in the semis........the big thing is that he now knows what it takes to beat the likes of djokovic and knows what to do when up against them when he faces them next time........that experience is more valuable going forward than a run to the semis or final.......winning titles part comes later once he develops his game even more.......

Knowledge won't be enough. He's not close to Djokovic's normal level.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2013, 04:07:34 AM »
Anyone else find it crazy that Nadal is FINALLY playing on Wednesday. Seems ridiculously late. And great win for Dimitrov. I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks into the top 10 by the end of the year.

It's not uncommon to finish the 2nd round on Wednesday. His opponent played yesterday so if Nadal were to play Tuesday Paire - Souza would have to be moved to Monday. It's quite possible this did not suit one of them (or both).

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2013, 06:25:15 AM »
it doesn't matter whether dimitrov loses in the next round or in the semis.............

Nice to see you back, Start da Game.   And I agree this point. I doubt if Dimitrov expects to rewrite the history books with this win, but for a player trying to do well, beating the world number one is a good achievement in itself.  There is no need to maximise it or minimise it. On the day, he outplayed Djokovic.  And I agree too that the experience of beating the best players is necessary / helpful in order to develop as a player.   

I'm watching the Berdych / Janowicz  & Nishikori/Troicki matches, having some time, at last, to watch a spot of live tennis.   JJ did well to take the first set but he simply has not been able to do anything of note since then.  His focus seems to have gone. Berdych is up a break & serving 4-2.

Nishikori has played some excellent attacking tennis, painting the lines and forcing the first set out of  Troicki's grip.  He is up a break in the second set , 3-0,  and all over the court like a rash. Good stuff from him.

Azarenka looks unassailable here, taking the first set 6-1 & Makarova having to work hard just to hold  serve if she can.
Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2013, 06:46:18 AM »
Makarova has picked up her game & attitude & is up a break in the 2nd set, 4-2.  I hope she can take it to a 3rd set.
JJ lost   in the 3rd set.  He just fizzled out & once TB had the momentum, he remained focused.  Well done to him for getting through comfortably in the end, 6-2.
KN took the second set 6-2.  It was interesting to see him find his groove & then just play free.

Edit:  And Makarova keeping her cool & taking the 2nd set 6-2. 

I'm going to watch the Haas / Robredo match. Should be fun.

Edit: And Makarova played with conviction in the 3rd set to take it 6-3!  An excellent performance by her.

Haas has played well & took the first set 63.  Robredo inconsistent.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:47:43 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2013, 08:38:43 AM »
Haas does the job pretty well. Coming from 1-4 in the second set, and a dispute with the chair umpire he managed to pull himself together and win another consecutive match. He has nerves of steel cause the crowd was definitely against him today. We'll see if he's tired or not against his next opponent, but I think he's still good to go. What incredible endurance at 35.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2013, 08:41:03 AM »
Hasi takes it 6-3 7-5. Tight match with some amazing tennis. Haas hit 39 winners while Robredo got 19.

Could have easily gone to the 3rd set, but Tommy after being 5-2 down, won 5 straight games to win the match  :))
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2013, 08:50:12 AM »
I thought Haas lost concentration early in the 2nd set,and Robredo played some incisive tennis to take the momentum. But he couldn't sustain it & TH found focus to go up a level. Some wonderful tennis from him to win this in straight sets.

I'm watching Nadal/Paire & will watch Monaco/Anderson.  It's 2-2 in the RN/BP match, going with serve.
Carpe Diem

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2013, 10:22:41 AM »
Novak Djokovic vs Grigor Dimitrov Mutua Madrid Open 2013 - R2 - Full Match HDRip

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2013, 11:13:58 AM »
it doesn't matter whether dimitrov loses in the next round or in the semis.............

Nice to see you back, Start da Game.   And I agree this point. I doubt if Dimitrov expects to rewrite the history books with this win, but for a player trying to do well, beating the world number one is a good achievement in itself.  There is no need to maximise it or minimise it. On the day, he outplayed Djokovic.  And I agree too that the experience of beating the best players is necessary / helpful in order to develop as a player.   

I'm watching the Berdych / Janowicz  & Nishikori/Troicki matches, having some time, at last, to watch a spot of live tennis.   JJ did well to take the first set but he simply has not been able to do anything of note since then.  His focus seems to have gone. Berdych is up a break & serving 4-2.

Nishikori has played some excellent attacking tennis, painting the lines and forcing the first set out of  Troicki's grip.  He is up a break in the second set , 3-0,  and all over the court like a rash. Good stuff from him.

Azarenka looks unassailable here, taking the first set 6-1 & Makarova having to work hard just to hold  serve if she can.

thanks......good to be back.......dimitrov should not lose plot, that is the key........we have seen many players in the past quite talented but just couldn't handle the process of taking their game to another level........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2013, 05:11:56 PM »
congrats to tommy haas and his fans at the castle.

well done tommy.

:)) :))

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2013, 06:17:37 PM »
Tommy stays hot after a long week! Nice way to finish the match will the last 5 games. 

Nico again collapses when serving for a set. Such a pattern it's clearly in his head. That 1st was his, but per usual he can't find a first serve. I first noticed this at Madrid last year vs Ferrer. Just can't get a 1st serve in when he's finishing. Very disappointing year after a career best result in Melbourne. Just a series of failing to finish all the hard work that put him in winning positions.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:20:33 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2013, 06:56:55 PM »
Haas is so good. I really think he should've had a few slams under his belt.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2013, 07:04:39 PM »
Me knowing he could have had few slams is enough  :) Hate repeating myself, but his tennis career is an inspirational story.

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »
I want to get married. get me a wife who can cook.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2013, 07:43:09 PM »
Tommy and old school sexy lips def. Raonic and Dimitrov in doubles.

Also he's gonna play two matches in a row tomorrow  :whistle: :whistle: Why risking it Tommy?  :Confused:

TOMMY HAAS