Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

The Upsets Bandwagon

<< < (2/15) > >>

Swish:

--- Quote from: Freak3yman84 on March 23, 2013, 12:01:32 PM ---It's more of a 6 imho. Del Po usually can't play more than 2 good weeks in a row  :)~

--- End quote ---

:)&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

It seems that way, he gets worn down at times. I should have known that but didn't think about it much really. So with that in mind I don't feel to bad about my player.

I read he's having problems with his right wrist, last week it was his left.  :rofl_2:

Anyways it was surprising he lost but Kamke played a very nice match and deserves the best win of his career.

Alex:

--- Quote from: Orange Wombat on March 23, 2013, 11:30:57 AM --- :harp:

Today I decided I was tired of the Big 4 winning everything. I'm also tired of the Second 4 constantly folding against the Big 4.

I used to be a big fan of Federer, and to a lesser extent a fan of Djokovic. I still like watching them play,  but I always root for them to get upset.

Am I the only one who thinks this? Am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome if a relatively unknown but talented guy like Santiago Giraldo or Tim Smyczek or Igor Sijsling, etc made a Grand Slam semifinals? I doubt it.

Let the upsets begin  :)

--- End quote ---
you are onto something here. everything is getting so predictable. I don't know what I want any more. I've chosen Nole when he was a nobody, then he's turned out to be a monster ... I need to find another 'nobody'  :gleam:.

euroka1:
No upset for Tomic this time  :( .

sid:

--- Quote from: Alex on March 23, 2013, 07:25:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: Orange Wombat on March 23, 2013, 11:30:57 AM --- :harp:

Today I decided I was tired of the Big 4 winning everything. I'm also tired of the Second 4 constantly folding against the Big 4.

I used to be a big fan of Federer, and to a lesser extent a fan of Djokovic. I still like watching them play,  but I always root for them to get upset.

Am I the only one who thinks this? Am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome if a relatively unknown but talented guy like Santiago Giraldo or Tim Smyczek or Igor Sijsling, etc made a Grand Slam semifinals? I doubt it.

Let the upsets begin  :)

--- End quote ---
you are onto something here. everything is getting so predictable. I don't know what I want any more. I've chosen Nole when he was a nobody, then he's turned out to be a monster ... I need to find another 'nobody'  :gleam:.

--- End quote ---

How about Tomic Alex :whistle:

Dallas:
I don't mind the same players winning everything.  If they were not that good - then other players need to step up and beat them.  I actually think it helps tennis to have dominate players.  Even people outside of tennis have heard of the 'big 4'.  If every Tom/Dick/Harry starts winning...then people would complain against that too (see WTA a couple of years ago when no one knew who was winning what tournament) :rofl_2:

So...if an upset happens - it happens...but I'm not particularly going to root for it. (especially against my Federer...that will never happen)!  I'll always root for Roger.  I absolutely loved those years where he dominated tennis.  For me - those were the best years every!!!!! :))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version