a few thoughts/comments:
1) top 4 might still be top 4 but what about margins. we have people like berdych, tsonga, gasquet, dpot pulling off a few upsets, would different circumstances give them a few titles? that would at the very least make the competition or the race in the rankings up top a little more interesting. not sure about the math but the way it's been now for the last couple years it was unfathomable that the top 4 would ever fall off the top 4 even if all they did was make the quarters of every event just by consistency alone and it took Nadal a loss on all his points and no play time for a good chunk of the season to drop to.. number 5.
2) Is babs going crazy? I try to avoid complicated questions but sometimes they enter my mind and I have to ask.
3) does anyone know about racquet technology itself and it's impacts? i should research it, but how much has that had an impact? not the strings but the racquets themselves. Where's DMAST when you need him. Monstertruck can you go to his house and bring him back since you're neighbors? thanks!
what's the difference between Wilson's "nano" technology and "karbon" technology, is it just marketing and all the magic happens in the strings? Do Sharapova's Big O's make her more aggressive and scream louder? I am talking about those O-holes in her racquet.. I think I am digging myself deeper into a hole here.
4) herc what is this castle everyone speaks of
5) freakyman, surface homogenization paper would be an interesting read if you are ever in the mood to share
6) as Bab keeps mentioning, there are a handful of players who are the prime examples of what we are all complaining about.
6a) Do any of the younger players making noise right now fit the mould of the players that are the cause of this thread? Apart from Tomic, I don't think any of the younger players who are making the news seem to fall into a grinder-category. That's interesting because by my own logic, the younger players should all have been trying to work their butts off learning to last for 6 hours and hit one more backhand and forehand than the person across the net. Gulbis Jerzy Raonic Dimitrov Goffin all seem to build their headlines on more aspects than grinder-like consistency. Is that a good thing for the future for us complainers in this thread? Or is that more indication that they won't be successful until they suck it up and become mini-ferrer-machines (or mega-ferrer machines given he's pretty tiny).
6b) is Babs just going crazy or has he always been crazy?