Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

2, 9, 12, 14

(1/4) > >>

Babblelot:
And Federer was ranked #1 just a few months ago at age 31. Haas, now 34, is playing the best tennis of his life. The same can also be said of Gasquet, who was a prodigy a decade ago.

So, why these 4 players. No, not because they're my favorite players on tour today, only the last 3. :)

The reason for starting this thread is that these 4 players are defying all the naysayers: not only is the the 1HBH not dead, but players are thrieving at advanced ages against the modern player.

Some of you guys have missed this because some of you live in bubbles through which no outside information can get in.

Lugburz:
Aye, 1hbh is not dead, but is dying quickly. Just take a look at youngsters. Only prosperous one I can think of this moment is Dimitrov.

Wawring and Kohli also have good ranking and can produce some top quality tennis against top dogs, which they proved many times. But they are also relatively one of the old ones...

Not to mention Blake, who is probably the most affected by court speed changes.

I still believe 1hbh can parry this generation of 2hbh-ers.
So youngsters, if you are reading this: Don't believe all you hear, you can still have it and be as efficient as 2hbhanders  :)~

sid:
(Haas now 34, is playing the best tennis of his life)The same can also be said of Gasquet)1hbh is not dead, but is dying quickly. Just take a look at youngsters. Only prosperous one I can think of this moment is Dimitrov)

Just hear yourself's,who beat these guys & thay are playing the best tennis of their life's.In case you forgot it was Murray & Ferrer ..-)

Clay Death:
general sid your amazing new super sig rocks.

Lugburz:

--- Quote from: sid on April 01, 2013, 01:49:23 PM ---(Haas now 34, is playing the best tennis of his life)The same can also be said of Gasquet)1hbh is not dead, but is dying quickly. Just take a look at youngsters. Only prosperous one I can think of this moment is Dimitrov)

Just hear yourself's,who beat these guys & thay are playing the best tennis of their life's.In case you forgot it was Murray & Ferrer ..-)

--- End quote ---

hey sid, long time no see  ;-()  Great win vs ManU today  :))

Btw, it's not the point who beat whom, but whether 1hbh is still efficient or is it dead.

Not to mention how close was Haas to actually beat Ferrer on the slowest hc, you would know it if you watched it.
Ferrer being a 'modern tennis player' and Haas a representative of old school all around game.
Its safe to say that Tommy would have beaten Ferrer if the conditions were 'normal' so to say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version