Tennis Contests & Games > Games

Davis Cup 2013 Quarterfinals (Completely different style, read OP rules!)

(1/5) > >>

Orange Wombat:
Upon seeing the Davis Cup Website's scoreboard, I had a fabulous new idea!!  :)

1. Pick a tie (You may pick up to two ties for each Davis Cup Round. It might be better to wait until the players have been confirmed if you plan on picking later matches)

2. Choose the number of rubbers for that tie. Remember it is best of 5. (2 points for a correct prediction)

3. Choose the winner of the tie (1 point if correct)

Below: pick one of three choices

1. Choose the country who you think will hit more winners overall (3 points if correct)
2. Choose the country who you think will make more unforced errors overall (3 points if correct)
3. Choose the country who you think will approach the net more overall (3 points if correct)

Here is an example: Serbia def Sweden in 3 rubbers, Sweden hits more UEs.

FreakyGOAT > CD:
Ehh.... Won't it be too easy? So let's say these are the 4 matches that I choose. (and they are all possible)

Raonic def. Seppi in 4 sets and he'll hit more winners
Isner def. Troicki in 3 sets and he'll hit more winners
Tsonga def. Monaco in 3 sets and he'll hit more winners
Stepanek def. Korolev in 4 sets and he'll approach the net more

Raonic will clearly hit more winners than Seppi because Raonic is a servebot and Seppi is a pusher
Isner will clearly hit more winners than Troicki because Isner is a servebot and Troicki is a pusher
Tsonga will clearly hit more winners than Monaco because Tsonga is ballbasher and Monaco is a pusher
Stepanek will clearly go to net more than Korolev because Stepanek is a serve and volley-er and Korolev is a ballbasher

It's all too obvious.

Plus, any tie can end 3-0 in which case the reverse singles won't be played and we won't know until after the first 2 singles matches are done so then we can't pick  :rofl_2:

Here's my suggestion: We choose which TEAMS will get more combined winners, more combined UEs, or come to net more :dunno: It'd be a bit more extra work on you, but it'd still work  :))

Orange Wombat:

--- Quote from: Freak3yman84 on April 03, 2013, 02:41:33 PM ---Ehh.... Won't it be too easy? So let's say these are the 4 matches that I choose. (and they are all possible)

Raonic def. Seppi in 4 sets and he'll hit more winners
Isner def. Troicki in 3 sets and he'll hit more winners
Tsonga def. Monaco in 3 sets and he'll hit more winners
Stepanek def. Korolev in 4 sets and he'll approach the net more

Raonic will clearly hit more winners than Seppi because Raonic is a servebot and Seppi is a pusher
Isner will clearly hit more winners than Troicki because Isner is a servebot and Troicki is a pusher
Tsonga will clearly hit more winners than Monaco because Tsonga is ballbasher and Monaco is a pusher
Stepanek will clearly go to net more than Korolev because Stepanek is a serve and volley-er and Korolev is a ballbasher

It's all too obvious.

Plus, any tie can end 3-0 in which case the reverse singles won't be played and we won't know until after the first 2 singles matches are done so then we can't pick  :rofl_2:

Here's my suggestion: We choose which TEAMS will get more combined winners, more combined UEs, or come to net more :dunno: It'd be a bit more extra work on you, but it'd still work  :))

--- End quote ---

Hmm...I see what you mean. That's a very interesting idea.

So you could predict the entire thing as a team? For example, France def Argentina 3-1, France hits more winners (obviously).  :)  That could definitely work

FreakyGOAT > CD:

--- Quote from: Orange Wombat on April 03, 2013, 02:49:26 PM ---Hmm...I see what you mean. That's a very interesting idea.

So you could predict the entire thing as a team? For example, France def Argentina 3-1, France hits more winners (obviously).  :)  That could definitely work

--- End quote ---

Exactly!  :))

Orange Wombat:

--- Quote from: Freak3yman84 on April 03, 2013, 02:56:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Orange Wombat on April 03, 2013, 02:49:26 PM ---Hmm...I see what you mean. That's a very interesting idea.

--- End quote ---

Exactly!  :))

--- End quote ---

I like the idea myself, though it is more work. I'll wait and see what others' think of it :cool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version