Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

are you happy how predictable everything is in tennis nowadays?

(1/7) > >>

Alex:
OK, first of all I like all players except some of these youngsters who talk too much. However, even as a Nole fan, I'm getting tired  of seeing Nole, Fed, Nadal and Murray winning everything important in tennis.

I was happy when Djokovic lost to Haas in Miami, but Haas didn't win Miami. It was Murray.

Youngsters simply suck. I wish somebody would break through, but 45 yo Nole, Fed or Rafa would spank Tomic, Dimitrov, Janowitcz etc.

My point is, you have these great players who play a couple of amazing matches but at the end it's Nole, Rafa, Fed and Murray winning everything. If it's not one than it's the other. I just wish somebody would shock us. Darn, I need to be entertained. :whistle:

August:
I really find it boring that same players make big finals everytime. Wimbledon last summer was so refreshing. After RG I felt so bored, I had gotten enough of Rafa-Nole GS finals, it was the first time we had the same finalists in four consecutive slams. But even there, we had Fed and Murrray, so no fresh names. It was Wimbledon '10 when we had somebody outside Big Four in a GS final, Berdych. Tsonga at least was WTF runner-up in 2011.

During Miami, I was thinking something is wrong with tennis when I preferred the Miami QF line-up compared to having top 8 in QFs. Top 8 in QFs should be the dream line-up, but as it happens everytime, it's just so  :ZZZZZ) .

BauerAlmeida:
Obviously, no. It's completely boring. It's always the same 4 at the SF and probably the same 8 at the QF. JMDP, Tsonga, Berdych and Ferrer are a step below the TOP 4 but ahead of the rest of the field too. None of the youngsters seem to be good enough to cause an upset, and when they're close they choke in the most horrible way (Dimitrov vs Murray and Djokovic).  So it does seem that we will have the same players up there for quite some time.

Swish:

--- Quote from: BauerAlmeida on April 06, 2013, 05:55:44 PM ---Obviously, no. It's completely boring. It's always the same 4 at the SF and probably the same 8 at the QF. JMDP, Tsonga, Berdych and Ferrer are a step below the TOP 4 but ahead of the rest of the field too. None of the youngsters seem to be good enough to cause an upset, and when they're close they choke in the most horrible way (Dimitrov vs Murray and Djokovic).  So it does seem that we will have the same players up there for quite some time.

--- End quote ---

We have Gulbis trying to change things.
Dimitrov I don't think will do much, he needs a few more years.
Raonic hasn't progressed, Isner hasn't progressed.
Jerzy might have a chance to bring down the best, we will see.

FreakyGOAT > CD:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Upsets bandwagon for life  :gleam:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version